Search Home : Arts : Animation : Voice Actors : Professional Resources : Advice
- How Do I Break Into Cartoon Voice Work?: By Mark Evanier. [POV Online] An informative overview of the business of voice acting: its history, how it works and how to get in.
- Voice Acting 101: By Joe Bevilacqua. [Animation World Magazine] Highly informative article on breaking into voice acting. Includes photos and interview quotes from Joe Alaskey, Bob Bergen, Greg Burson, Corey Burton, Nancy Cartwright, June Foray, Lee Richard Harris, David Kaye, Stephanie Morganstern, Daws Butler, and Phil Proctor.
- 10 Steps to Voice Over Success: By Joshua Seth. [Animation World Magazine] The voice of Tai in "Digimon: The Movie" offers expert advice for aspiring voice over artists.
- 9 Basic Steps for Vocal Success: Sample lesson from Bob Corff's "Speakers Voice Method".
- Acting In Brief: By Dr. Charles Northrup. Online acting lessons for the beginner to advanced actor.
- An Interview With Kris Zimmerman On Voice Directing & Timing: By Laura Schiff. [Animation World Magazine] Interview on how to approach nailing down the best performance time after time.
- Best Kept Secrets For Voiceovers: What every producer, casting director, director and actor should know about finding the best talent; costs, myths, and realities. Written by Lani Minella, a well-known and respected voice-over artist and director.
- Cartoon Voice History, Parts 2-3: By Mark Evanier. [POV Online] Explains Screen Actors Guild contracts for voice actors and the terminologies used: sessions, incidentals, one-voicers, and multi-voicers.
- Competing Voices: By Adam Worcester. [Puget Sound Business Journal] It's almost impossible to survive in the crowded voice-over market by doing strictly local gigs.
- Connie Terwilliger - VO Info: Professional voice artist offering voiceover information resources, recommended booklist and links, demo critiquing services and answers to frequently asked questions.
- Cyber Nation: Acting and Actors: Selected quotations on the art and business of acting from actors past and present.
- Digital Voices: Tips on developing a professional website to promote your voice work and how to reply to e-mail inquiries.
- Game StudioSound: Voice Acting 101: Advice on equipment and techniques for home studio recording.
- Getting Started In Voiceovers: By Bill Murray. [voiceovers.com] Expert advice from a professional.
- Getting That First Voice-over Role: Compiled by Heather Kenyon. [Animation World Magazine] What casting and voice-over directors look for, and how they choose who they choose - the "do's" and "don'ts" to help you set yourself aside from the pack and capture that coveted first gig.
- Having A Voice In The Industry: [Animation World Magazine] Gregory Singer offers advice to aspiring voice actors on how to get into the industry.
- How To Choose A Voice Acting Workshop: [Animation World Magazine] Laura Schiff reports good, solid advice from the experts regarding what to look for in a voice acting workshop.
- How to Make a Voice Demo Tape: [TalentPoole.com] A voiceover talent agency offers 10 tips for making a demo.
- How to be a Voiceover Professional or at least Act Like One: By Jim Staylor. [Staylor-Made Communications] Tips, tricks and techniques gathered over 15 years in the business. What to do before, during and after your VO recording session. Advice from performers, agents, directors, and audio engineers.
- Ian Alexander - Hints, Tips & Tricks: Theories, ideas, and practical workarounds from a voice-over specialist. "They come with no guarantee they will apply to your situation, but you may find them helpful."
- Jamie Thomason: Casting and Directing Disney Television: By Heather Kenyon. [Animation World Magazine] Insight into the business of voice directing, casting as well as advice for aspiring voice actors.
- Johnny George Voiceovers Q&A: Definition of "voiceover", tips and advice.
- MJ Productions - Voice Exercises: Resource page from CreatingVoices.com with a few practice tips and breathing excersises for aspiring voice actors.
- Ms. Communications: P. Catherine Shanks' "voice tips and articles on vocal technique for speakers and singers". Currently featured: breathing techniques.
- Saban, SAG Struggle Over Digimon Dub Dispute: From Animation World News.
- Starting Your Voiceover Career: Advice, recommended instructional books and seminars from professional voice actor Howard Hoffman.
- The Long & Winding Road to Voiceover Success: Article by RMK Voice Productions "designed to help you to both understand the many obstacles and either overcome them or decide on a different career".
- The Sound Company Ltd - Voiceovers: Information for aspiring voice actors and working voice artists. Includes tips and tricks, article by Geoff Oliver, recommended book list, and links to related resources.
- Voice Study: Dr.Charles Northrup offers vocal exercises to develop your resonance and pronunciation in preparation for auditions.
- Voice-acting 101: By James R. Alburger. Features voice-acting instruction in expression, script reading and exercises from "The Art of Voice-Acting Workshop".
- Voiceover Casting Site Goes Live: [Animation World Network] A new site has been designed to connect voiceover talent with casting directors, agents, animation studios and advertising firms via the Internet.
- Webmonkey: Animation Tutorial: By Anna McMillan. [hotwired.lycos.com] How to effectively use sound in animation.