Search Home : Arts : Art History : Artists
[A : B : C : D : E : F : G : H : I : J : K : L : M : N : O : P : Q : R : S : T : U : V : W : X : Y : Z ]
- ARC International - The Art Renewal Center: Offering biographical information and high-resolution images of many paintings from the great masters of the 19th century.
- All About Artists: Short biographies, image galleries, and timelines of a small selection of painters.
- Art Gallery of Grant Avakyan: Contemporary compositions of line, form, and color
- Art History at Loggia: 'Artists at a Glance' features a select `group` of some of the most important artists who have shaped the history of art.
- Art and Civilization: Collection of images of the famous artists from Giotto to Duchamp.
- Art-Platform.com: Offers images of the works of famous painters.
- Artform Gallery: The Female Nude in Art: A virtual museum of famous paintings and artists celebrating female form in art history.
- Artists of the 20th Century: Biographies and photographs of artists of the 20th century with links to a search engine.
- Artquizz: Test your knowledge of all periods of Art, painters and painting with quizzes, games and puzzles. Site aimed for all levels of knowledge, including children pages. Visitors are invited to participate in the making of new pages, in English and in French.
- AskART.com American Artist Reference: Information on 23,000 American artists including biographies, bodies of work, valuation and appraisal techniques, auction records, publications, and artists representatives as well as literature and museum information for American painters and sculptors.
- BBC Online Artzone - Voices from the Archive: Listen to voices from the archive Updated weekly a choice of the greatest artists of the 20th Century talk about their work in these classic BBC archive recordings.
- Brain-Juice: Well-written biographies about 20th century art, film, history, literature, and music. All biographies are written by students at the best U.S. universities, with the strongest concentration from Brown, Harvard, Princeton, and Yale.
- Distinguished Artists Series: Distinguished artists, including an alphabetical index of over 2,000 deceased American artists, as provided by Traditional Fine Arts Online organization.
- Early Women Artists: Selected online articles and surveys on historical European women artists, Japanese women artists, American quilts, ancient-modern contemporary arts, by Sarah L. Whitworth
- Famous Painter: Lives and art of famous painters Pablo Picasso, Salvador Dali, Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and Vincent Van Gogh. Biographies and images of works.
- Four American Painters: Eakins, Homer, Hopper, Sargent: A survey of American painting, focusing on the work of Thomas Eakins, Winslow Homer, Edward Hopper, and John Singer Sargent.
- Giorgio Vasari - The Lives of the Artists: An illustrated companion to Vasari's Lives, with associated text.
- Last Expression: Exploration of the art created by the prisoners at the concentration camp Auschwitz.
- Life of an Artist - Biographies and Galleries: Includes the text of Giorgio Vasari's "The Lives of the Artists," indexed by artist with selected specific artist galleries.
- Modern Art Investment: Artist Richard Lee Barton is well known for his powerful and rich paintings. These works can be seen on the world wide web. For more information on this artist go to www.barton.nl/richard
- Olga's Gallery - Online Art Museum: Large collection of images of the works of the world's best artists with biographies and historical comments. Sorted by alphabet, topic, movement, and nationality/country. Offers a newsletter, and archives are available.
- The Grand Tour: Venice & Rome in the 18th Century: Oglethorpe University Museum exhibition of 18th century landscape & veduta paintings of Venice & Rome. This important exhibit included works by Canaletto, Panini & Ricci.
- The Masters: Renaissance and Impressionist Artists: Artist biographies, art works, links, Dictionary of Art Terms, and artist pronunciations.
- The Smart-Ass Guide to Art: Offers humorous biographical notes on artists such as Giotto, Artemisia Gentileschi, Franz Hals, Picasso.
- Web Gallery of Art: A virtual museum and searchable database of European painting and sculpture of the Gothic, Renaissance and Baroque periods (1200-1700), currently containing over 6,500 reproductions. Biographies, commentaries, and guided tours.
- WetCanvas: Virtual Museum: A true virtual museum, complete with images, stories, and biographical notes on the great masters.
- Women Artists in History: Showcase of women artists down through the centuries.
This category in other languages: