Search Home : Arts : Classical Studies
[A : B : C : D : E : F : G : H : I : J : K : L : M : N : O : P : Q : R : S : T : U : V : W : X : Y : Z ]
- A Bibliography of the Ancient Novel: An initial bibliography of the ancient Novel, related genres and interesting secondary literature, with more than 2000 items.
- Alexandria on the Web: Materials on the relationship between cosmology, philosophy, myth, and culture, sponsored by the Alexandria journal.
- Ancient History Sourcebook: Extensive selection of links, study guides, and articles pertaining to the ancient Near East and ancient Mediterranean worlds, as well as some public domain translations of classical texts. At Fordham.
- Ancient Law: Henry Sumner Maine's 1861 compilation of ancient laws dealing with property, inheritance, crime, civil laws.
- Ancient Scripts of the World: Indexed by region, with articles on writing systems, sounds and phonetics, historical linguistics, and related study materials.
- Ancient World: ZIP files of plain text translations of Greek and Latin writers of antiquity, as well as links to other sites about ancient civilization and literature.
- Centre for the Study of Ancient Documents: The Centre for the Study of Ancient Documents was established in 1995 under the auspices of Oxford University's Faculty of Literae Humaniores to provide a focus for the study of ancient documents in Oxford.
- Classical Drama Sites: A list of links to sites about classical drama and ancient theatre.
- Classical Literature/Language at About.com: Collection of resources and links pertaining to the Greco-Roman authors and literature.
- Classical Studies (humanities.classics) FAQ: Frequently asked questions for the newsgroup humanities.classics. Includes bibliographies, glossaries and compendia of mythological characters. Maintenance ceased August 2000.
- Classical Studies Resources: A Directory of Internet resources on Greek and Latin language, literature and the Classics.
- Classics Corner: Columns finding humor and contemporary relevance in the classics, with an emphasis upon Greek, Roman, and Biblical literature.
- Classics Technology Center: A repository of tools such as guides, games, and glossaries for educators and other classicists, to enhance the use of computer technology in classics education.
- Corinth Computer Project: Extensive multimedia site incorporating historical, literary and archaeological information from Corinth, Greece during the Roman era. Suitable for scholars, students, and the public at large.
- Electronic Resources for Classicists: Extensive UC Irvine gateway to directories, bibliographies, journals, course materials, fonts, and other resources for scholars in classical studies.
- Flectere Magic: Greek and Egyptian magic literary resources
- Greek 'n' Stuff: Learn biblical Greek or classical Latin. Bible nuggets. Homeschool links/classical links/family pages.
- Greek and Latin Language Resources: A collection of Classics links from a Graeco-Roman Neo-pagan site.
- Latin and Greek Authors on the Web: Listings of websites and webpages that are devoted to a particular Latin or Greek author, including texts.
- Leuven Database of Ancient Books (LDAB): Searchable database aiming to catalog all ancient literary texts with information including a description of the text, language, medium, authors, current location, and plates. Sponsored by the Catholic University of Leuven.
- Library of Congress Resources for Greek and Latin Classics: Resources for studying Classical and Medieval literature.
- Library, Bibliographic, & Lexical Resources: "Library and Textual Resources Bibliographical Assistance Periodicals Publishers' Catalogues and On-Line Bookstores Grammars, Lexical Resources ... " all related to the Classics.
- Literary Resources: A list of classical and Biblical-oriented websites maintained by a professor at Rutgers University.
- Maecenas: Images of Ancient Greece and Rome: Images of Ancient Greece and Rome, free for non-commercial download and use.
- Orange St. Press Classics: Free classic literature in Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF). View online, download, print.
- San Antonio College LitWeb Classical Literature Outline: A good, diverse hypertext list
- Sangoma Sanctum: A collection of translated texts and discussions from Chinese, Greco-Roman, Rosicrucian, and other philosophy, mythology, and martial arts.
- Shakespeare's Sources Online: Latin and Greek Authors: Lists links to translations and texts of classical sources used by William Shakespeare.
- Studies in the Classics: Essays, texts, and studies on classical literature and language from Prof. William Harris of Middlebury College.
- Summer Courses in the Classics: A list of classics courses offered during the summer by colleges and universities throughout the world, sorted by discipline and subject of study.
- Text Tools and Lexica: From The Perseus Project. Includes an English/Greek Word Search, English/Latin Word Search, Liddell Scott-Jones Greek Lexicon, and Lewis and Short Latin Dictionary.
- Textkit: Language learning site which provides free Greek and Latin grammars, reading material, classical e-books and other learning resources and downloads.
- The Internet Classics Archive: Provides 441 online works of classical literature with a powerful search facility. A booklist links directly to relevant pages in online bookshops. Classical trivia questions can be posted and answered.
- Torrey Philemon's Muses: Articles on mythology and ancient Greek/Roman literature, and resources.
- Voice of the Shuttle: Classical Studies: A large index of links to various classical history, art, archaeology, language and literature journals, texts, syllabi, forums, and other resources. From the University of California at Santa Barbara.
- What Do You Want to Know Today?: Includes searches on indexes to scholarly journals, dictionaries, image archives, listserve archives, online translators, and Classics web search engines.
- Why Study Classics: Explains what a course in Classical Studies covers and its importance for modern life.
This category in other languages: