Search Home : Arts : Comics : Resources : Creating
- Balloon Tales: Online guide to comic book lettering and production. Features tips and tricks, articles and newsletters.
- Blambot Free Comic Book Fonts: Huge collection of free professional comic fonts and balloons. Pay for your own unique custom font. Also contains a higly visited message forum.
- Blambot!: Free fonts for comic letterers.
- Blazed Entertainment Comic Tutorials: Comic book writing, publishing, drawing, inking and coloring tutorials as well as message boards, art galleries and much more.
- Comic Book Fonts: Comic, cartoon, horror, gothic, fantasy, sci-fi and futuristic fonts in Type 1 and TTF font formats for Mac or Windows.
- Comic Book Inking Survey: Larry Dempsey asked 134 professional comic book artists (and counting) seven questions about inking.
- Creating Comics Resource Site: The `resource` source of information for comic writers, artists, letterers, and self-publishers.
- Digital Prepress for Comics: Information and sale of "Digital Prepress for Comic Books" by Kevin Tinsley. Also provides prepress and consulting services.
- Dreamer Design: A graphic design firm specializing in Comic book lettering and fonts.
- Funnybone Studios: Offers creative cartoon and promotional design for sales meetings, presentation and web sites. Broadcast toons and animations that move from storyboards to finished art that complete sales and tickle your funnybone.
- Hollywood Comics: Agency assisting comic-book creators in selling and negotiating the rights to their properties and services.
- Joe Kubert's World of Cartooning: Offers correspondence courses and a huge online supply depot.
- MacMerc.com: Adobe Photoshop Tip: Comic Art Effect: Photoshop Tutorial about changing a photograph to a colored comic
- Polykarbon: Comic, Manga Tutorials & Photoshop Tips: Tutorials on drawing males, females, mechs, effects and comics in general.
- Scott McDaniel: Includes recommended books, drawing exercises, and tutorials on topics such as cover design, studio gear and perspective.
- Small Press Comics FAQ: FAQ for self-publishing small press comics [minicomics].
- The Center for Cartoon Studies: The Center for Cartoon Studies offers a two-year course of study that centers on the creation and dissemination of comics, graphic novels and other manifestations of the visual narrative.
- Tools for Comics Creators: Tools for comic book creators, including the "Comic Ground" collaboration area, the Gutters and Closure mailing lists, and the FireBlade FreeForm.
- Visual Reference for Comic Artists by Buddy Scalera: A visual reference CD created by comic book writer Buddy Scalera
- WhizBang Comics and Comicbook Font: Whizbang is a computer font for professional comics lettering. Available in Type2 and TTF. From Studio Daedalus.
- Witzworx: Comic book shareware font.
- Witzworx: Download the shareware comic book font Witzworx in either Mac TrueType or Postscript format, or Windows TrueType format.