Search Home : Arts : Literature : Awards and Bestsellers
- American Library Association: Book/media awards and notables lists offered by various divisions, committees, and roundtables of the ALA. Links to awards pages, and to winners lists. Further links to other awards, grants, scholarships and honors offered by the ALA.
- BCALA Literary Awards: The Black Caucus of the ALA presents several awards each year for works relating to the African diaspora - fiction and non-fiction. There are special awards for first-time novelists and for outstanding contributions to publishing. Entry details and winners lists. Further links to the BCALA and its resources.
- Book Sense Bestsellers: From the American Booksellers Association, based on sales reported by independent bookstores in the USA. There are current lists for hardcover and paperback, fiction and non-fiction, and children's books. Further links to the ABA.
- BookBrowse.com: Provides hardcover and paperback bestseller lists from the USA, Canada and UK. Offers excerpts, reviews, interviews, reading guides, and author biographies.
- Discover Great New Writers Award: Annual presentation by Barnes and Noble, for exceptional new authors making strong literary debuts. One winner is selected for each of fiction and non-fiction. Judges comments, excerpts, and author profiles. Links to program details, and previous winners.
- Independent Publisher Book Awards: Annual awards for the best titles, in various categories, by independent authors and publishers, including university, small press and self-publishers. Links to guidelines and entry forms, and to IP Online resources.
- International IMPAC Dublin Literary Award: International literary award for new works of high literary merit in the English language. Managed by representatives of Dublin City, its Public Library System and IMPAC. Information on the award and its sponsors.
- Koret Jewish Book Awards: Annual presentation by the Koret Foundation, for new books on any aspect of Jewish life - biography, literary study, fiction, and philosophy. Special award for a new young writer. Current and prior winners. Further links to the Foundation and its initiatives.
- Lambda Literary Awards: Annual awards from the Lambda Literary Foundation, for excellence in gay, lesbian, transgender and bisexual publishing. Information on finalists, previous winners and sponsors; calendar and related links. Links to the foundation, its publications and activities.
- Lettre Ulysses Award: A new annual, international, multi-lingual award, offered by Lettre International, for the best published work of reportage writing, or 'creative non-fiction'. Books or outstanding magazine articles are eligible. Information on the conceptualisation, jury, organizers, and award timetable.
- Literary Award Database: Presents lists of winners for a selection of awards in fiction, non-fiction, mystery, science fiction, fantasy, and horror. Includes links to awarding bodies, and official award sites.
- Literature Awards: Searchable database. Browse by award or genre. Newsletter, awards calendar.
- NYFA Source - Literature: The New York Foundation for the Arts' searchable database of awards, services and publications, for literature. Various types of awards, international and by US state. Links to information on NYFA awards and activities.
- National Book Critics Circle Awards: Presented yearly for the finest books published in English, in five categories: fiction, general non-fiction, biography/autobiography, poetry and criticism. Winners, calendar, newsletter, information on NBCC, and links to related resources.
- National Outdoor Book Awards: Annual presentations for full-length books on outdoor adventure activities, nature, or the environment. There is a special award for books of lasting significance in the field. General information, winners lists and reviews, press releases, entry requirements, and application forms.
- New York Times: Best-Seller Lists: Current bestseller lists, and searchable archives. Covers fiction and non-fiction, hardcovers and paperbacks, childrens books, and links to business bestsellers. Detailed lists require NYTimes membership - free registration.
- Nobel Prize Internet Archive: List of Nobel Prize Laureates in literature, with associated links. Links to other Nobel Prize lists.
- PEN American Center: The American branch of International PEN - an association of writers and editors, offers a variety of prizes for excellence among American authors. Background and entry requirements for each award. Further links to PEN and its activities.
- PEN New England: Presents the Hemingway Foundation/PEN Award, for a distinguished first book of fiction by an American author, and the L.L. Winship Award. Winners, entry guidelines, and application forms. Further links to PEN-NE and their activities.
- PEN/Faulkner Awards: Annual prizes presented by the PEN/Faulkner Foundation, for the best published works of fiction by American authors. Winners, submission guidelines, and calendar of events.
- Poetry Society of America Awards: Presented annually for original poetry - includes awards for first books and small press, the Frost Medal for lifetime achievement, and the Shelley Memorial Award. Winners, guidelines, PSA activities, and various literary links.
- Prize Stories 2000: The O. Henry Awards: Article from Bold Type Magazine, on the annual prize for the best short stories published in American and Canadian magazines, by American or Canadian authors. Winners lists, winning stories, history, articles on previous years' awards, various related links.
- The Academy of American Poets: Awards, prizes and grants for poetry. Information and links for other major poetry awards. Also presents poems and poets, events and exhibits, discussion forums, and various related links.
- The Book House of Stuyvesant Plaza: Showcases various lists of bestsellers and recommended books, and links to information on a variety of book awards.
- The Bram Stoker Awards: Presented annually by the Horror Writers Association, for outstanding work in twelve different categories of the genre. History of the awards, and winners lists. Links to the HWA, other HWA awards, a variety of resources and literary links.
- The Dilys Award: Presented by the Independent Mystery Booksellers Association for the year's favorite mystery, as chosen by the IMBA membership. Lists nominees and previous winners. Links to fiction and non-fiction bestsellers lists, and the 100 favorite mysteries of the century.
- The Kingsley Tufts Poetry Awards: Designed to support the working poet. For original poetry in English by a U.S. resident. There is a special award for a first book. Winners and entry requirements.
- The Kiriyama Prize: International prize awarded each year by Pacific Rim Voices, for fiction and nonfiction books that contribute to understanding and cooperation among the peoples and nations of the Pacific Rim and South Asia. Winners, reviews, author biographies, articles, and rules.
- The Literary Prize Winners: Articles and discussions on literary prizes, prize winners, and their works, and links to various related sites.
- The Massachusetts Book Awards: Winners lists for the annual presentations by the Massachusetts Center for the Book, to books by writers from Massachusetts, or to works of significant thematic importance to Massachusetts. Prizes are given in fiction, non-fiction, poetry and children's literature.
- The National Book Awards: Presented annually in the USA, by the National Book Foundation, to recognise achievements in fiction, non-fiction, poetry,and young people's literature. Winners lists, biographies, excerpts, and entry guidelines.
- The Nobel Channel: Collaborative effort by Swedish Television and IMG/TWI. Variety of multimedia productions and archives on Alfred Nobel, the Nobel Prize and Laureates. Includes an Interactive Learning Studio, Laureate lectures, events calendar and related web links.
- The Nobel Prize in Literature: Official Nobel Foundation site, for literature. Awarded for an outstanding body of work 'in an ideal direction'. Presents Laureates and Symposia, articles and educational links, the Swedish Academy and selection process. Links to other Nobel Prizes.
- The Pulitzer Prizes: Annual awards by Columbia University. Prizes in Letters are for books published in the US - fiction, biography, general non-fiction, history and poetry. Searchable database, history of the prize, guidelines and entry forms, and related links.
- The Stonewall Book Awards: Formerly the Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgendered Book Award. Offered annually by the GLBT Round Table of the ALA, for fiction and nonfiction books of "exceptional merit relating to the gay/lesbian/bisexual/transgendered experience". Current and previous winners, award history, committee and selection process. Further links to the ALA and GLBTRT.
- USA Today: Top 150 best-seller list: Weekly updated list of 150 bestselling books based on sales, as reported by a number of booksellers. Includes fiction and nonfiction books - presents authors, titles, brief book descriptions, current and previous rankings on the list.
This category in other languages: