Search Home : Arts : Literature : Children's
- 19th Century Girls Series: Features author biographies and bibliographies of 19th-century series books. Includes excerpts from early books and articles related to authors and their works.
- A Pocketful of Rhymes: Features original, rhyming stories and poems for kids that promote self-esteem and individuality.
- A World of Imagination: Provides book reviews and links to author homepages. Also links to other child's literature .
- African Children's Literature: Features an introduction to African children's literature, authors, bibliography, and links.
- Alice and Beyond: English Children's Books: Online exhibit featuring books and original artwork from the Free Library of Philadelphia's collections. Features the work of Lewis Carroll, Kate Greenaway, Arthur Rackham, and John Tenniel among others.
- American Juvenile Collection: Research bibliography of children's books published 1910-1960.
- Author Spotlight: Biographies of and interviews with children's writers whose work has been published by Houghton-Mifflin. Also includes book summaries and suggestions for studying works in the classroom.
- Carol Hurst's Children's Literature Site: Includes reviews of great children's books, classroom activities, lesson plans, and professional topics.
- Centre for International Research in Childhood: Literature, Culture, Media: British facility offers information on programs and events, news updates, discussion forum, and links.
- Children's Bibliographies: Provides categorized bibliographies of children's books.
- Children's Book Council of Australia: Offers support to authors and illustrators, annual awards, and events. Includes calendar of events, tips on getting published, and a quarterly journal.
- Children's Book Links: Includes links to the best sites for children's literature from around the globe.
- Children's Books Central: Collection of organized, annotated links to children's literature resources available on the web and by e-mail.
- Children's Classic Books Fleet: Features discussion forums and live chats pertaining to classic children's books and authors.
- Children's Fiction: Reviews on children's books written by consumers at Epinions.com.
- Children's Literature Connection: Encourages networking and collaboration among writers, illustrators, teachers, librarians, booksellers, publishers, and parents in upstate New York and Western New England. News, calendar of events, and membership information.
- Children's Literature Council of Southern California: Promotes literature for children and encourages excellence in the production and selection of books. Newsletter, calendar of events, award information, and speakers list.
- Children's Literature Foundation of New Zealand: Promotes children's literature and supports writers and illustrators. Calendar of events and membership information.
- Children's Literature Network: Organization of those in Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Upper Michigan, and Wisconsin who have a professional interest in children's books, reading, and publishing. Includes a directory of authors and illustrators, upcoming events, reading lists, volunteer opportunities, membership information, and a members' area.
- Children's Literature On-line Lectures: A set of lecture notes for an children's literature course by John Corbally. Notes provide insight into what makes a classic.
- Children's Literature Web Guide: Internet resources related to books for children and young adults.
- Children's Picture Book Database at Miami University: A keyword-searchable database of over 4000 picture books; includes abstracts, subject classification, and Web links.
- Childrens Literature: A Guide to the Criticism: Features searchable annotated bibliography which draws together significant articles, books, and dissertations of children's literature criticism.
- Cynthia Leitich Smith Children's Literature Resources: Includes children's and young adult literature bibliographies, author-illustrator interviews, publishing and library news, curriculum information, and state awards.
- DLTK's Children's Book Breaks: Free printable instructions and templates for crafts, coloring pages, and other activities to accompany favorite children's books.
- DeGrummond Collection of Children's Literature: Children's literature research center specializing in American and British children's books.
- Edmonton Children's Literature Roundtable: Calendar of events, membership benefits, and award information. Canada.
- Fairrosa Cyber Library: Offers a wide range of information on children's literature
- Frank Rogers' Guide to Children's Literature on the Web: A guide to Internet resources dealing with a wide variety of children's literature.
- International Board on Books for Young People: International network of those who are committed to bringing books and children together. News and information about activities.
- Junior Great Books: Develops children's critical-thinking skills, and encourages a life-long love of literature. Structured discussion for students.
- Kay Vandergrift's Children's Literature: Discusses children's literature and its impact on the lives of children.
- Nursery Rhymes of England: Compilations of nursery rhymes published in 1846, with some examples of even earlier collections.
- Surfing the Net with Kids: Banned Books Week: The best sites for kids and teens in celebration of Banned Books Week, rated and reviewed by San Diego Union-Tribune columnist, Barbara J. Feldman. From 1998.
- TeacherVision.com: Literature: Provides enrichment activities and Internet links related to popular children's books.
- The Foundation for Children's Books: Works to help teachers, librarians, and parents select and use quality children's literature. Calendar of events, information about programs, newsletter, and award information. Boston, Massachusetts.
- The Horn Book Virtual History Exhibit: History of the Horn Book Magazine, from 1924 to present.
- The Newbery Library: Interactive site created by school children lists Newbery books, provides summaries and quizzes, and offers short biographies of some authors.
- The Word Pool: This UK children's book site provides book reviews, author profiles, ideas for reluctant readers and information for children's writers.
- Vandergrift's Special Interest Page for Children's Literature: Contains articles on several topics related to children's literature.
- Wally's Children's Literature: A syllabus for a course on children's literature including many links to reviews of over 30 classics.
This category in other languages: