Search Home : Arts : Literature : Journals
- 580 Split: The Mills College annual graduate literary magazine is issued each spring and publishes experimental fiction, poetry and art work.
- Aesthetica: Literary journal publishing poetry, prose, drama, articles, and artwork. Submission information, excerpts, and news.
- Antithesis: Australian postgraduate journal of contemporary theory, criticism and culture.
- Appalachian Heritage: Literary quarterly presenting poetry, short fiction, essays, articles and reviews of recent literature by and about the people of the Appalachian South. Subscription information, instructions for contributors, and sample contents.
- Arethusa: Print journal of literary and cultural studies, published for 32 years. Archives available on the web and in PDF format.
- Bridge Magazine: Literature, visual arts, culture and critique publication.
- Chicago Review: The website of the University of Chicago magazine includes a table of contents for each issue, subscription and submission information.
- Cimarron Review: A quarterly journal that publishes fiction, poetry, essays, reviews and art.
- Comparative Literature Journal of the University of Oregon: Information about a journal which explores issues of literary history not confined to a single national literature and significant problems in literary theory.
- Contemporary Poetry Review: A British-based academic literary journal featuring articles, essays, literary criticism and book reviews of established international poets.
- Creative Nonfiction: This online site of the print magazine includes a small selection of the articles found in the print version.
- Delmar Magazine: A literary annual dedicated to innovation, craft, and the integrity of the individual voice. The journal features poetry, fiction, essays, and criticism.
- Euphony: Issue list, staff, and submission guidelines for a journal of literature and art at the University of Chicago.
- First Intensity: A Magazine of New Writing: An annual literary journal of poetry, prose, fiction, reviews, commentary, and art. Site lists current and back issues, as well as books available from First Intensity.
- Glimmer Train Magazine: Content lists and excerpts from the short-story journal.
- Gulf Coast: A Journal of Literature and Fine Art: A biannual journal featuring innovative fiction for the literary-minded. Published by the University of Houston.
- Highbeams: The online literary journal of Beloit College with poetry, writings, and reviews.
- Jane Austen's Regency World: Bi-monthly magazine about Jane Austen's life, literature, and the Regency period.
- Janus Head: A literary journal that places the emphasis on critical theory.
- KulturPoetik: Publishes essays in English, German and French on all cultural aspects of literature and on all literary aspects of culture.
- Land-Grant College Review: A literary journal based in New York City.
- Manoa: A Pacific Journal of International Writing: Literary journal published by the University of Hawaii Press; announces current and forthcoming issues and lists contributors.
- Many Mountains Moving: A literary journal of diverse contemporary voices.
- Mars Hill Review Theological & Literary Journal: Ajournal of provocative thought and transcendent stories. Publishes original essays, interviews, fiction, non-fiction, poetry and reviews of film, music, and books.
- Mesquite Review: International magazine featuring new paintings, poetry, photography, fiction, news and reviews.
- Mississippi Review: Online version of the literary magazine published by the Center for Writers at the University of Southern Mississippi.
- Monographic Review: Review of Hispanic literature.
- Natural Bridge Literary Journal: A journal of contemporary literature that publishes poetry, fiction, essays, and works in translation by new and established writers.
- NeoLit OnLine Internet Quarterly Project: Journal of the NeoLit Research Circle at the Institute of British and American Culture and Literature (University of Silesia, Poland). Dedicated to cultural and literary studies, the journal is free. Submissions are refereed.
- New Orleans Review: An international journal of contemporary poetry, fiction, nonfiction, art, photography, film, and book reviews, founded in 1968 at Loyola University in New Orleans.
- Nimrod International Journal of Prose and Poetry: Longstanding literary journal from the University of Tulsa. Subscription and submission information, awards, and featured issues.
- Orchid: A Literary Review: Champions new and emerging fiction writers with interviews on the craft of fiction and articles examining the role of short stories as literature.
- Oyster Boy Review: A quarterly journal of fiction and poetry.
- PEN America: A Journal for Writers and Readers: Online sampling from the literary journal of PEN American Center
- PMS poemmemoirstory: A literary journal of women writers, includes poems, memoirs, and stories. Alabama's first literary journal exclusively written and edited by women, published by the University of Alabama at Birmingham.
- Paradoxa: Studies in World Literary Genres: Abbreviated online version of the print publication which explores genre literature.
- Ploughshares: Abbreviated web edition of the literary journal.
- Poetry New Zealand: An international print journal of poetry and poetics. Website offers submission and subscription information, as well as links to writers' resources.
- Points of Entry: Cross-Currents in Storytelling: Offers writers and teachers in professional journalism models for storytelling by presenting literary journalism (creative non-fiction), short fiction and oral and Native American stories and scholarship.
- Prague Literary Review: Monthly journal of literature, essays, and criticism published in the Czech Republic with an international focus.
- Prairie Schooner: Abbreviated online edition of the print magazine; includes magazine history and subscription information, as well as samples from the latest issue.
- Prospects: Multidisciplinary journal of nonfiction and criticism. Information for contributors and subscribers.
- Quarterly West: Website for the print journal presents some selections online.
- Quick Fiction: Quick Fiction is a JP Press publication featuring stories under 500 words.
- REAL: The Journal of Liberal Arts: Publishes original fiction, poetry, and criticism. Full text online.
- RHINO: The Poetry Forum: Sample material and submission information about Rhino Magazine, a non-profit poetry journal based in Evanston, Illinois, with links to other poetry and arts-related sites.
- Rattapallax: A journal of international writing with CD featuring the poets reading their work.
- Sewanee Review: Online version of the print journal, publishing poetry, fiction and criticism.
- Shenandoah: The Washington and Lee Review: Website for the print journal includes subscription information, writers' guidelines, and sample excerpts of published material.
- Southwest Review: The fourth oldest, continuously published literary quarterly in the United States, is located on the campus of Southern Methodist University.
- Studies in American Jewish Literature: Scholarly journal focusing on historic and contemporary Jewish literary movements in the United States and Canada.
- Sycamore Review: Abbreviated web edition of the print magazine published twice annually by the Department of English at Purdue University, with subscription/purchasing information and an online archive of back-issues.
- The Anthologist: Literary and Fine Arts Journal of Rutgers College.
- The Central California Poetry Journal: Regional journal with essays and articles on poetry.
- The Common Review: Journal featuring original essays and articles about literature and culture. Includes excerpts, subscription information, submission guidelines and contacts.
- The Edinburgh Review: Scottish journal featuring essays, short fiction, poetry and reviews aimed at an educated reading public with an interest in critical thought.
- The Final Draft Literary Journal: Annual print and online literary magazine publishing established and emerging local and regional writers. A publication of the Literary Society of Durham Technical Community College, located in Durham, North Carolina.
- The Georgia Review: Online site of the Georgia Review, a quarterly publication of essays, short fiction, poetry, reviews, and art. This site also provides limited access to recent back issues.
- The Harvard Advocate Online: Harvard's undergraduate journal of fiction, poetry, art and criticism.
- The Iowa Review: Online publication of a literary journal carrying fiction, poetry, essays, and reviews.
- The Literary Review: Published quarterly by Fairleigh Dickinson University since 1957, it has introduced new fiction, poetry, and essays from many nations to English readers.
- The Little Magazine: A journal of ideas and literature, largely in translation from the South Asian languages.
- The London Magazine: Longstanding academic review of literature and the arts. Contains magazine and subscription information.
- The Massachusetts Review: The website for the respected print journal includes submission guidelines and subscription information, as well as samples and excerpts online.
- The Missouri Review: The extensive online version of the respected literary journal features highlights of the print version.
- The South Carolina Modern Language Review: An online journal for literary scholarship in modern foreign languages.
- The Vocabula Review: A monthly journal about the state of the English language. Articles, essay archive, and back issues.
- Wisconsin Review: Small page introducing the literary journal for University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh.
- YIP: Yale Italian Poetry: University journal of contemporary Italian poetry, featuring unpublished poems, poetry in translation, poetology, and reviews.
- Yale Anglers' Journal: Informative site with submission and subscription guidelines for this publication devoted to the literary and artistic aspects of angling.
- kunapipi: Bi-annual arts magazine of critical and creative writing with emphasis on the new literatures written in English.
This category in other languages: