Search Home : Arts : Literature : Periods and Movements : Surrealism
- A Sampling of French Surrealist Poetry: Works by Desnos, Eluard, Réverdy and Soupault in English translation.
- Exact Change: Publishes literary classics of surrealism, dada, fluxus, pataphysics, and other experimental art movements of the 19th and 20th century.
- History of the Cadavre Exquis: Brief description of this artistic technique.
- Magnetic Fields: Working `group` of surrealists in Minnesota.
- No More Words: A "non-glossary" including brief profiles of various surrealists and dadaists.
- Palimpsest by J. B. Sclisizzi: Collage poetry, short excerpts from books including Breton's Nadja.
- Paul Colinet: Selected Prose Poems: Belgian Surrealist prose poems, translated.
- Personal website of Eric W. Bragg: Features the art and books of this author and artist. Provides links to other pertinent surrealist sites.
- Reading André Breton: Discusses André Breton's prose poetry and his idea of linked opposites.
- Sightseeing in Paris with Baudelaire and Breton: A search for the historical meanings in Baudelaire and Breton's respective models of Parisian sightseeing.
- Surrealism and Beyond: Briefly chronicles Gerald Keaney's involvement with Surrealism.
- Surrealist Author Directory: Allows access to short biographies of various surrealist authors, usually including a sample or two of translated writings.
- Surrealist Love Poems: Three poems by surrealist writers, from the book of the same name.
- Surrealist Manifestos: Includes the translated Manifesto of Surrealism, Secrets of the Magical Surrealist Art, and A Surrealist Manifesto (written mostly by André Breton).
- Surrealist Resources and Links: Many contemporary, international links for surrealism and related movements.
- Surrealist Writers: Brief glossary of primary writers and precursors of the surrealist movement, with many links to sites on individual writers.
- Surrealist.com: Glossary of artists, history of the movement, and Breton's _What is Surrealism_ (in English).
- The Role of Automatic Writing in the Surrealist Movement: Article exploring the concepts behind "automatic writing" as it was embodied in Breton's texts.
- The Surrealism Server: Extensive collection including a bibliography, image gallery, surrealist games, and the Surrealist Compliment Generator.
- Uurealism: Contemporary blending of art and spirituality to create texts and performance art, influenced in part by surrealist methods.
- What is Surrealism?: Essay by Andre Breton.
This category in other languages: