Search Home : Arts : Literature : Reviews and Criticism
- A Book Lover's Book Reviews: Book reviews organized by author, title and category. Each review includes both a general summary of the plot or information (with a minimum of spoilers), and a personal review.
- Atu XVIII Book Reviews: Eclectic collection of uninhibited genre and literary book reviews.
- Beatrice: Ron Hogan interviews leading authors of contemporary literature.
- Berks Books: Reviews and profiles of authors from Berks County Pennsylvania and elsewhere.
- Between the Lines: Includes interviews, reviews, and new releases.
- Blether: Short reviews of recent fiction and non-fiction from a `group` of dedicated readers. The site also features discussion and an archive.
- Blown Fuse Reviews: Commentary from a `group` of bloggers interested in educating potential readers on more than what is written on the back of the book.
- Book Help Web: Book reviews, news, sales data, and author interviews.
- Book Lore: A non-commercial UK book review site featuring capsule reviews of popular titles.
- Book News: Short overviews of the latest books about science, technology, and medicine.
- Book Review Cafe: Offers down-to-earth book reviews, as well as author interviews. Includes an archive, awards, submission guidelines, and a young adult section.
- Book-A-Minute: Humorous lampooning of popular books via ultra-condensation.
- BookAngles: BookAngles is the conservative-values angle on literature for home and family. Their family reviews books to help you judge suitability for your family.
- BookBrowse.com: Features excerpts, summaries, reviews, and author biographies, including fiction and non-fiction bestsellers.
- BookReviewClub.com: BookReviewClub.com publishes book and e-book reviews online to benefit book enthusiasts and the writing community. They also publish a paid quarterly newsletter featuring self-help books.
- BookSpot.com Newsletter: Monthly newsletter features sites for book reviews, reading lists, bestseller lists, and author and publisher information.
- Bookideas.com: Reviews in all genres, from science fiction to cookbooks, with interactive "Favorite & Worst books ever published" lists.
- Bookmunch: Reviews, author interviews, literary rants, and contests.
- Bookreporter.com: Dedicated to book lovers and writers. Forums, author interviews, book reviews, reading `group` guides, and commentary all can be found here. New releases and perennial favorites.
- Books on Review: Collection of book reviews and author interviews covering a wide range of interests including literary and genre fiction, as well as non-fiction.
- Bookslut: Includes feature stories, author interviews, reviews, columns, and a weblog of book-related content.
- Bookz World: Reviews, commentary, and cover art of popular young adult and teen books.
- CBC Radio: Cross Country Checkup: Reading Lists: Reading suggestions from talk show host Rex Murphy, various authors, and callers. Compiled twice a year since 1995.
- California Literary Review: Original book reviews, essays and author interviews.
- Cambridge History of English and American Literature: Online publication of classic eighteen-volume work of English and American literary history and criticism.
- Complete Review: "A Literary Saloon and Site of Review." Includes brief reviews of a wide variety of books (which are also rated using "A+ through F" grades), with links to other off-site, online reviews of the same given book.
- CountryReader.com: ". . . has reviews for fiction and non-fiction books, links to online bookstores, links to libraries, and other resources for avid readers."
- Craig's Book Club: Book recommendations and reviews updated quarterly.
- Crossover Books: Reviews of books that have equal appeal for both adults and children, organized by author and title. Includes book finder.
- Crowyne's Reading Room: "Home of the Society of Aspiring Writers (SAW), site also includes book reviews, Women in Mythology project, Legenda listing of online articles (regularly updated), a Writer's Toolkit, and occasional commentary and musings."
- Curled Up with a Good Book: Book reviews and recommendations for new and backlist nonfiction and literary, mainstream and genre fiction.
- Dancing Word Book Reviews: Christian fiction, non-fiction, and children's books reviewed by site contributors with information on selected authors.
- Dindrane's Book Reviews: Reviews of classics, non-fiction, and popular titles.
- Discussing Books: Reviews of fiction and non-fiction books, both classic and contemporary. Also has literary quizzes.
- Electronic book review: Generally interested in promoting literary innovation on the Internet and reviewing books that address the electronic future of fiction, poetry, criticism, and the visual arts.
- English Literary Criticism: Project Gutenberg etext of the book by Charles Edwyn Vaughan.
- Essay on Novel: An essay on fiction, the reader and the publisher, especially the impact of publishing strategies on mass-market fiction.
- Fiatgirl Book Reviews: Over 500 books indexed by author and title, plus free New Reviews newsletter available via e-mail. Annotated links to book sites, including e-zines, e-mail lists, author sites, publisher sites, and fan sites.
- Funn at Finn's/Chapter & Verse: A family site with a page devoted to tongue-in-cheek book reviews on a range of (mostly recent) titles.
- Genre Bookshop: A review of new science fiction titles and contemporary fiction from the United Kingdom.
- Gumby's Bookreviews Index: A complete index with links to Gumby's bookreviews. All kinds of books much fantasy/sf-books, but also other kinds of books. (Computing and other topics). Also points to other books you might like if you enjoy a certain author.
- Helge's Notebook of Books and Arcane Trivia: Book reviews of fiction and non-fiction, articles on arcane trivia, and original fiction.
- Herbal Bookworm, The: Full length reviews, lists, and other remarks on herbal medicine books, by Jonathan Treasure, a practicing herbalist.
- INDOlink Book & Media Review: A review of titles by Indian and Indian-expatriate authors as well as works on Indian topics.
- Interrogation Reports: Brief reports and reviews on books and movies.
- Italics: Reviews classified by genre.
- Jason Jawando's Academic Resources: Discussions of William Blake's Poetery and films by Polanski and Singer.
- Just Book Reviews: Non-commercial online journal of book reviews by academics, as well as author interviews. Reviews and books for review accepted.
- Life Changing Books: Reviews and features about books.
- LiteratuReview: A review of new and old titles in fiction, travel, history, politics and other topics.
- MSRRT Newsletter: Library Alternatives: Reviews of alternative press books, zines, and other DiY media as well as information for library workers
- MWK's Book Reviews: Independent book reviews, updated weekly.
- Mac Tonnies Book Reviews: Reviews of a collection of books, from esoteric nonfiction to Philip K. Dick to William Burroughs.
- Metapsychology: Thoughtful and informed book reviews on mental health, psychology, ethics, and philosophy. Updated every month.
- MyShelf.Com: Book reviews, interviews with authors, top ten monthly reads, editorials, and monthly contests.
- Nabou.com - Book Reviews: Book reviews of selected classic and new titles.
- Necessary Prose: Reviews, essays, and writing on the crux of the Bible and Western European Literature.
- NonfictionReviews.com: Provides reviews of various types of books.
- Online Review of Books and Current Affairs: Focuses on reviewing independently published books. Includes reports on current affairs.
- Portalmania's Book Reviews: Book reviews, news, short author biographies, publisher information, and other-book related information.
- Positive Net Home Page: Books, Stories and Essays: The Positive Place on the Internet where upbeat and inspirational books, magazines, stories, and essays are reviewed.
- Reading and Reviewing: Dedicated to reading and reviewing almost every type of book: personal reviews and commentary.
- Realm Book Reviews: Book review site covering all genres of literature, along with author interviews, recommendations, and bestseller lists.
- Roundtable Reviews: Book reviews and author interviews for all genres.
- Scribbles in the Margins: Books reviews from an "anarchist" perspective committed to the idea that active learning is a necessary component of any movement for social change.
- The Book Blog: Readers submit reviews on both new and older fiction releases.
- The Book Review Blog: Includes commentary on comics, journals, novels, handbooks, and dictionaries.
- The Bookwyrm: Fantasy, science-fiction, and horror book reviews.
- The Compulsive Reader: Features reviews of literary fiction, author interviews, profiles, monthly contests, and literary criticism.
- The Cyberspace and Critical Theory: An overview of interrelations between cyberspace i.e., computer technology and networking, and hypertext, and critical theory.
- The Gaping Void: Essays and reviews in modern/contemporary European Literature
- The Harvard Book Review: Harvard University journal features over 30 reviews and original art by Harvard undergraduates. Reviews include poetry, history, fiction and satire.
- The Hyperborean Moose: Presents an avid reader's author information, book reviews, recommendations, small essays, and selective bibliographies.
- The Listology: A user-contributed, searchable collection of book lists.
- The Nature Pages: Reviews and news about current nature writing and natural history books.
- The Second Circle: A guide to contemporary literature, singling out contemporary novels of particular merit and featuring reviews, interviews, and a quarterly newsletter.
- TheBookHaven.net: Reviews, links and news about books and writing.
- Timeless Tales Book Reviews: Reviews for the discerning reader. Focuses on all aspects of fiction, with recommendations. Includes a message board.
- Tracy's Book Nook: Contains some short and some in-depth reviews of popular Christian fiction, children's books, and parenting books.
- berniE-zine: Book Reviews & More: A monthly online zine featuring fiction and poetry reviews, literary journals, fiction and non-fiction. Also features links to sites of literary interest.
- book-look: Detailed reviews of the top six best-selling books across a range of categories.
- culturevulture.net: Reviews of select books.
- e-boswell: An online journal of conversations with and lectures by prominent writers, artists, and thinkers.
- goodreports.net: Book site featuring reviews, news, and interviews from critic Alex Good.
- the boox review: Book reviews, author interviews and essays.
This category in other languages: