Search Home : Arts : Literature : World Literature
- Voice of the Shuttle: Literatures (Other Than English) Page: Separate national, regional or ethnic categories (e.g., "Irish," "Australian," "Afro-American").
- Aladecuervo: Venezuelan book editorials and news.
- Babelguides: A guide to literature in English translation. Provides a cross-referenced database of books from 12 languages, reviews and a forum.
- Bartleby.com: The Harvard Classics Shelf of Fiction: A 20-volume set comprising works by 30 authors from 7 national literatures. Features novels and short stories with biographical and critical introductions.
- English translation of 'Bewnans Ke': A work in progress of an translation of Bewnans Ke, a recently discovered 15th century play written entirely in Cornish. The text is available only by a PDF download.
- Free Pulp Fiction: Full text from a variety of authors that emphasize the sensational.
- Gruppo04: Links to sites about European literatures, which include: Italian, English, French, German, Polish, Czech, Slovak, Polish, Spanish, Portuguese and Latin. Site maintained by a `group` of doctoral students.
- In Parentheses: Hundreds of works of literature in translation. Adobe Acrobat format.
- Khaled Hosseini: Provides information on the Afghan novel, The Kite Runner.
- Korean Literature Book Reviews: Very brief book reviews of modern Korean literature.
- Leiana S. A. Naholowaa: The Guamanian artist covers art, media, language, research and writing.
- Modern Writers: Publishes articles on various aspects of literature. Maintains an open call for submissions, a forum and a chatroom.
- Norton Anthology of World Literature: Provides links to anthologies that cover diverse timelines and cultures. Includes a section index, audio glossary, instructor resources, and quizzes.
- Powers of Literature: Course by Gary Gutchess covering major works of Western Civilization since ancient times. Instructor profile and course description, suggested readings, and illustrated lessons and analysis of readings provided online.
- SIIR PARKI: The Park of Poems: Photos of Turkey, selected poems by Byron, Keats, and others, and links to sites devoted to art.
- San Antonio College LitWeb World Literature Index: Outlines the works normally read in world survey courses, and provides links to external sites. Part of the Sac LitWeb project from the Alamo Community College District.
- Scripta Humanistica: A scholarly series established for the purpose of publishing significant contributions in the area of humanistic studies: literature, linguistics, philosophy, history, art, and creative writing in both prose fiction and poetry.
- Tashogi: New world literary fiction by Natalija Grgorinic & Ognjen Raden.
- The Center for Literate Values: Publishes Praesidium: A Journal of Literate and Literary Analysis, and offers links to classics in several languages.
- The Other Voices International Project: Poetry by a variety of creative artists.
- Trastevere Books: Specialties include fine art, literature, history, poetry and rare and collectible childrens items.
- World Literature Reviews: Reviews of some fifty works, by writers from a broad range of countries.
- World Literature Today: An academic journal that provides articles, reviews, interviews, poetry and fiction. Past issues are available in PDF file format. From the University of Oklahoma.
- World's Greatest Classic Books: Features a selection of classic books from the past 4000 years, and biographies of the greatest authors.
- Yasmina Salah: Algerian novelist, features basic information about writing.
This category in other languages: