Search Home : Arts : Movies : Education : Film Schools
- Action/Cut Directing Seminars: Directing film and TV workshops: weekend workshops with director/writer Guy Magar on the directing process for filmmakers, directors, writers, producers, actors, editors, cinematographers, production staff, and film students.
- Addarin Entertainment: Offers a feature program for first time filmmakers as well as a music video production track.
- American Film Institute: AFI's Center for Advanced Film and Television Studies features graduate programs in cinematography, directing, editing, producing, production design and screenwriting.
- Art Institute of Chicago - Film, Video And New Media Department: Read descriptions of the graduate programs in film and video. Take a virtual tour of the school or view the work of faculty members, students, and alumni.
- Asian Academy of Film and Television: Offers courses to those aspiring to a full time career in film and television production.
- Australian Film Television and Radio School: Australia's premier film school with 100s of pages of information on courses and services, online library, and Quicktime movies.
- Bond University - Centre for Film And Television: Centre offers program of subjects at undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- Brighton Film School: UK-based theory and practice of film production. Filmmaking and moviemaking courses, advice, techniques on how to make, produce, direct, shoot, light and edit films and movies.
- Brooklyn College Department of Film: Offers a B.A. program in film production, screenwriting, film studies, producing and film marketing; 2-year Certificate program in film production.
- Cape Town International Film School: School information, courses, fees, application information, and related links.
- Center for Digital Imaging and Sound: This private college in Vancouver offers diploma programs, certificate programs and part-time courses in 3D animation, recording arts, digital film, visual effects, new media, video game production, web design and video production.
- Chapman University: School of Film and Television: Information for students, alumni, and parents.
- CinemaSpace: UC Berkeley's site for Film Studies.
- Cityvarsity TV and Multimedia School in Cape Town.: Established to promote the development of design and production in film, television and multimedia.
- Colorado Film School: Offers facility, faculty, class and student information.
- Columbia College - Hollywood: Offers Bachelor of Arts degrees in Cinema and in Television/Video Production. Programs, admission information, tuition, and background information.
- Columbia University - School of the Arts: Features program and course information, faculty, biographies, an events calendar, and application information.
- Concordia University Cinema Department: The Mel Hoppenheim School of Cinema at Concordia University, Montreal, Canada, offers three main areas of study: animation, film production, and cinema studies.
- Conservatory of Improvisational Cinema: Organization dedicated to fostering education and personal growth through the cinematic arts. Located in San Francisco.
- DV Dojo: Digital filmmaking and television school in New York City offering full-time, evening and weekend workshops.
- Dave Hardy's Motion Picture Workshops: Covers 16mm cinematography, film editing and Final Cut Pro computer nonlinear editing.
- Digital Film Academy: Offers workshops in screenwriting, directing, camera, and editing; includes course, staff and contact information.
- EICAR Film School: A private college, situated in Paris, offers a curriculum based on state-controlled educational programs for the advanced study of cinema techniques.
- FAMU: The Academy of Performing Arts in Prague
- FSU Film School: The official web site for the Florida State University School of Motion Picture, Television and Recording Arts (The Film School).
- Fairleigh Dickinson University: film movie video arts computer graphics
- Film & TV Connection: Flm Schools on the actual movie set or video studio.
- Film Program Cannes: Professional film school located in Cannes, France. Curriculurm, tuition details, calendar, lodging information, application form, media, and links.
- Film School Online: Learn filmmaking with online courses in screenwriting, directing, cinematography, editing, producing and digital video.
- Film Studies Division--Univ. of Utah: The Film Studies Division at the University of Utah offers B.A. and M.F.A. Degree programs with courses in film/video production, computer animation, screenwriting, and Film History.
- Filmmaker's Central School of Cinema: Provides details of the courses, news and information on this school based in California.
- Flanders Script Academy: Belgium's premier training facility for both professional and amateur scriptwriters for film and audiovisual production.
- Global Film School: Online university dedicated solely to the art of filmmaking. Courses, seminars, resources, and enrolment information [requires Flash].
- Global Media Adventures: Journalism and documentary filmmaking program in Samara, Costa Rica,.
- Gulf Islands Film and Television School: This hands-on residential media training centre is located on Galiano Island, BC. Detailed school information is available, as well as registration help, student films, resources for filmmakers and GIFTS merchandise.
- Hawaii Filmmakers Initiative - Maui Film Institute: Learn about educational opportunities to study filmmaking in Maui, Hawaii. Browse course listings and register online.
- Hollins University Film and Photography Department: Course offerings, major requirements, faculty listings, facilities, exhibition, and internship information for this University in Virginia.
- Hollywood Film Institute: Independent film school offering courses for both industry professionals and neophytes. Curriculum is designed to build upon the core 2-day film school program.
- India, Foundation Institute For Learning Media: Offers courses in directing, camera, editing, and acting.
- International Film Seminars: Presenters of The Robert Flaherty Film Seminar in New York. Provides information on the seminars, scholarships and archive of their projects.
- International Film and Television Workshops: Education in film, video, digital media, directing, editing, producing, screenwriting, documentary, and cinematography. Workshops, Master Classes, and professional training.
- LOAFS: The Library Of Annotated Film Schools: Contains actual reviews from past and present film school students.
- London Film Academy: Industry professionals teach courses in this vocational approach to filmmaking. Graduates can earn a Film-Making certificate.
- Louisville Film Institute: LFI brings hands-on filmmaking education to Kentucky. LFI offers a full 2-year film program as well as workshops and seminars in all aspects of filmmaking.
- Metro Screen: Metro Screen is a production and training facility catering to emerging film, video and multimedia producers. a non-profit organisation supported by the Australian Film Commission.
- Mini Mogul Enterprises: Home of the Lee Garmes Cinema Institute and Movie Pubs, Mini Mogul Enterprises trains and franchises film executives and producers for the future and for the digital-delivery entertainment industry upon us.
- Moonstone International: Training courses for feature film writers and directors in consultation with the Sundance Institute
- Motion Picture Institute of Michigan: History and information on the organisation as well as details of its one year program in Production and enrollment information.
- Motion Picture Pro: Direct, produce and write films using professional cast and crew to produce your project.
- Movie Boot Camp: Offers 8 week filmmaking courses.
- NYU Department of Film and Television: Provides information on the courses, details of staff, students and alumni, production resources available, special events and projects and admissions information.
- Nanaimo Film School: Offering intensive and weekend Master Classes; situated in Nanaimo, British Columbia.
- New York Film Academy: Film school offering intensive workshops and summer programs covering screenwriting, directing, cinematography and editing.
- New York Independent Film School: Provides information on the faculty, the courses and how to apply, as well as showing student work online.
- New Zealand Film Academy: Offers television production and filmmaking courses in Auckland.
- Northern Film School: Based at Leeds Metropolitan University, offering postgraduate courses in Film Production and Screenwriting. Provides information on the school, the courses, success stories, how to apply and FAQs.
- Northwest Film Center School of Film: Based in Portland, offering a range of courses and workshops. Details of each course are provided with an enrollment form, as well as information on the organisation, scholarships and equipment.
- Northwestern University - Radio, Television and Film: Read a description of undergraduate and graduate programs, faculty introductions and advising details.
- Oklahoma State University Film Program: Undergraduate and graduate programs in the history, theory, and aesthetics of cinema as well as its cultural and political impact.
- PCFE Film School: Describes film workshops, semester and year-long programs of the non-accredited film school in Prague.
- Panico London: London-based school offering courses in screenwriting and filmmaking. Also provides a `resource` base for filmmakers.
- Piedmont Community College: Film and video production program. Programs, projects, and contact information.
- Queensland School of Film and Television: Provides information on the school, details of the courses offered, enrollment request form, and an online screening room showing students' work.
- Rick Schmidt's Filmmaking Workshops: Details of the workshops as well as information on Rick's career in films, FAQs about getting into films and features on cinema.
- School of Communication Arts: Offers courses in filmmaking, special effects, audio and animation.
- Seattle Film Institute: Offers full-time and part-time classes in all aspects of film production, screenwriting, and digital video. Programs, faculty, student profiles, and registration information.
- South Seas: Film and TV school located in Auckland, New Zealand, offering several diploma courses.
- Summer School in Film making: Course details, prices and application form for this course taught at the University of Melbourne, Australia each January.
- Television, Film, & New Media @ SDSU: The television & film department at San Diego State University
- The College of Santa Fe: Moving Image Arts: Offers full film/video/digital production equipment and facilities, classes screen in 35mm, history, theory, critical studies, and writing.
- The London Film School: Registered charity offering two-year MA degree program in filmmaking.
- The Los Angeles Film School: The Los Angeles Film School offers a year long hands-on training course in filmmaking.
- The Storyboard School: Home instruction on methods in storyboard construction.
- The Studio Academy: Offers courses ranging from filmmaking to modeling. Located in San Diego, California.
- The USA Film School: A 40 hour, full immersion crash course in filmmaking. Weekend hours and for beginners, intermediate and advanced workshops. Make a class film with professional equipment. Free intern placement program.
- Tinseltown Online Seminars: Short courses on various aspects of the entertainment industry, including sending out a script and putting together a reel.
- Trident Technical College: Film certificate program offering several courses in production, filmmaking, and editing.
- UCF Film Program: The film program at the University of Central Florida offers majors in film production, screenwriting, and cinema studies.
- UCLA: Professional Programs in Screenwriting and Producing at UCLA is a graduate level certificate program. Course description, admission forms, and faculty.
- University of Media Arts: Offers long term and short term courses in India.
- University of New Orleans Film School: Course details, tour of facilities, jobs, and graduate school information.
- University of Southern California School of Cinema-Television: Offers information on admissions, academic programs, faculty, and resources for the undergraduate and graduate programs in screenwriting, producing, critical studies, and directing.
- Vancouver Film School: Vancouver Film School offers full and part-time courses in film, acting & writing for film & television, new media (including web site design, CD-ROM authoring, digital audio, video and graphics), 3D and classical animation.
- Victoria Motion Picture School: Vancouver Island's Premiere Training Facility for the Motion Picture Industry.Offering full-time courses in Film Production and Acting for the Screen.
- Virginia Commonwealth University - Department of Photography and Film: Offers a graduate & undergraduate film program in Richmond, Virginia.
- Westbridge Film School: Offers hands-on programs in Mexico City and in Paris.
- Whistling Woods International: Institute for Film, Television and Media Arts offers two-year diploma programs in Mumbai, India.