Search Home : Arts : Movies : Education
- Barry Casson: Motivational speaker on the topic of filmmaking. Seminar details, resume, testimonials, and contact information.
- City Eye Media Centre: Media centre as well as film and video workshop based in outhampton and Hampshire, United Kingdom.
- Film 600: Film classes and research material by professor Anatoly Antohin, University of Alaska Fairbanks, Theatre & Film Dept.
- Film Studio Faux: Self-training for filmmakers and aspiring or working directors, this parody of motion picture film studio training critiques film industry training materials, electronic and print.
- Fledgling Films: Vermont based nonprofit media arts education organization that produces dramatic and documentary films by teenage filmmakers.
- H-Net: Film and History: Exists to further the use of film in teaching and research, to disseminate information about film and film use, to work for an effective system of film preservation, and to organize periodic conferences and seminars dealing with film.
- Hollywood Seminars: Offers film workshops throughout the United States. Includes details about each type of seminar, testimonials, and contact information.
- HowStuffWorks: How Movie Projectors Work: Graphic explanation of the projection system that makes watching a movie at a theater possible. By Jeff Tyson.
- International Directory of Design: Directory of film and cinematography educational programs.
- KeyLightCompany: Offers consulting and seminars originally developed from graduate courses on psychology and film. Background information, staff, services, news, and upcoming events.
- Movie Emporium: Six-week hands-on training program from low budget director John Russo. Enrolment information, location, background, curriculum, testimonials, and links.
- Movie Extras Resources & Registration: Resources for potential movie and TV extras and actors. Join the Film Extras Coalition for casting tips.
- Movie in a Box: A one-day filmmaking seminar where independent filmmakers teach from their own films. Background, upcoming dates, syllabus, and links.
- On Camera Acting Intensive: Film and TV acting classes in Vancouver, Canada, offered by X-Files actor and feature film director.
- Robert McKee's Story Seminar: Three-day course covering aspects of storytelling. Background information, syllabus, seminar dates, famous graduates, registration information, and discussion forum.
- ScreenSite: Links to film education, resources, production companies, newsgroups and chat rooms.
- Shoot Out Online: A series of free online film seminars hosted by Peter Guber and Peter Bart in conjunction with their new book.
- Society for Cinema and Media Studies: Promotes the scholarly study of film, television, and video.
- Soyouwanna be a movie extra?: Explains the ins and outs of being a movie extra, including casting companies, unions, on-the-job dos and don'ts, the importance of skills and looks, and some important terms and concepts related to the job.
This category in other languages: