Search Home : Arts : Music : Composition : Composers : Contemporary
[A : B : C : D : E : F : G : H : I : J : K : L : M : N : O : P : Q : R : S : T : U : V : W : X : Y : Z ]
- Center for the Promotion of Contemporary Composers (CPCC): Includes lists of opportunities, competitions, faculty openings, upcoming concerts, and links to other music sites. Provides a newsletter and custom web pages for members.
- 20th Century: 1900-Present: Introduction to recent compositional work from Essentials of Music. Linked to details on historical themes, musical context, style, and living or recently deceased composer biographies.
- A Musical Contrarian: Horizons '83 --- Since 1968, A New Romanticism?: An analysis and critique of the New York Philharmonic contemporary music "festival."
- American Music Center: Promotes creation and performance of American contemporary classical music.
- BUBL: Contemporary music resource.
- Composers Online: A forum where composers of art music can discuss, competitions, upcoming concerts, musicology, and everything else.
- Construal of Musical Process Architecture: The author presents his method of musical composition.
- Contemporary Music-making for Amateurs: COMA promotes participation, for musicians of all abilities, in contemporary music. Includes activities, library, and calls for pieces.
- DiGiorgi, Loren: Biography, CDs, music downloads,and news and events.
- Experimental Music Catalogue: Events, articles, history, and links.
- Forecast Music: A new music `group` presenting a series of monthly new music concerts in Brooklyn, NY. Events, venues, music, and biographies.
- Giombini, Pierluigi: Official site. Biography, songs, and news.
- How Should We Listen to a New Piece of Music?: Essay read at a program of unaccompanied violin music contrasting listening to new works versus ones previously performed.
- Israeli Composers: Short history of composition in Israel and several composers mostly born in the early 20th century, with biographies of each.
- KUNST DER FUGE. New fugue composers: Fugues and fugal compositions of living composers in sound files.
- Kunst der Fuge - 20th c.: Inclusive list of fugues and contrapuntal compositions written in the 1900's and links to classical musician pages.
- Music at UCC: Web resources: Contemporary music: various composers: Links to contemporary music resources from University College, Cork.
- Musical Patterns: Essay on ordering and structure in musical composition.
- On Complexity in Music: Discusses issues surrounding complexity and simplicity in composition.
- Paul James' Modern Music Review: A review guide to 20th Century Classical Music.
- Resources for Composers and Contemporary Music: Links to contemporary music sites.
- Sigma Alpha Iota Philanthropies: Composers Bureau: Foundation established by the international music fraternity in 1974 maintains pages submitted by contemporary American composers or their representatives. Sorted alphabetically, or by instrument or ensemble.
- Swiss Composers: Alphabetical index of several living composers, with short biographies (some in English, some in German or French) and worklists.
- The Music Division Collections: Musical documents donated to the New York Public Library for the Performing Arts, some of which are available for perusal online.
- synopsound: Musical designer and composer for multimedia, audiovisual, Flash integration, and audio synchronization.
This category in other languages: