Search Home : Arts : Music : Instruments : Winds : Bagpipe
- Bagpipe Journey: Reference material for pipers of all levels. Covers care of the instrument, history, competition tips, and information on bands and artists.
- Bagpipe FAQ and Resources: Questions and answers for common bagpiping questions for the rec.music.makers.bagpipe newsgroup.
- Bagpipe Paintings and Etchings: Featuring bagpipes in art through the centuries with medieval, renaissance and baroque images of the bagpipe in celebration and portraits.
- Bagpipe Tunes: Bagpipe and drum sheet music, chat, forums, free email, and guestbook.
- Bagpiper.Com: Events, product reviews, articles, bagpiper directory, chat room, and links.
- Bagpipes.co.uk: Information on Scottish bagpipes and pipe bands including reeds and accessories for all levels of piping experience.
- Caber Records: Record label dedicated to bagpipe music. Features a glossary, media downloads, and news.
- Canadian Bagpipe Links: Collection of links, including pipe bands, Highland games and festivals, magazines, retailers, humor, sheet music, and graphics.
- College of Piping: The oldest institution teaching Scotland's national instrument. Features include history, member and membership information, exams and competitions, and information on the activities and classes. Also find piping accessories and the opportunity to suscribe to the college's magazine.
- CuffeNet Bagpipe Links: Links to bagpipe bands in NY, NJ, Ireland, and school bands, to sites offering sheet music, and other piping related sites.
- David Daye's Bagpipe Page: Introduction to bagpipes, with photos, sound files, instructions, and links.
- De Nationale Doedeldag: The Dutch Annual Bagpiper's day is the main event for bagpiping in the Netherlands. With information on events, news and bands, as well as a forum. [In Dutch and English]
- Dutch Uilleann Pipers Club: Home of the Nederlandse Vereniging van Uilleann Pipers (NVUP). With news, schedule, and calendar of events.
- EZ-Piper: Free bagpipe tunes by Pipe Major Tommy Jackson. Reels, jigs, marches, and hornpipes. Piobmaster files available. Pictures and links to other piping sites.
- Ewan Macpherson's WWW Bagpipe Index: Pictures, MIDI files, associations, tips, publications, personal information, and manufacturers.
- First South American Pipe Band Gathering: Promoting the event held in Montevideo, Uruguay, in April 2004. Information about the place, bands and artists that participated.
- Galician Bagpipes: Information about the Galician Bagpipe.
- Great Highland Bagpipes for Beginners: Non-technical webpage for the Great Highland Bagpipes. Explains the pipes, practice chanter, and getting started in bagpiping.
- Hamilton International Tattoo: List of performers and directors, ticket details, contact information, and links.
- Ian Kinnear Small Pipes: Made in the tradition of quality Scottish instrument makers. Pictures, descriptions, sound files, and contact information.
- Introduction to Bagpipe Music: An introduction to bagpipe music for the non-piper. How to listen to and appreciate bagpipe music.
- John Leamy´s Website: Personal site with information about piping in Limerick, links and Irish news.
- Midipiper's MP3s: Digitally created MP3s that sound like actual bagpipes.
- Northumbrian Small Pipes: Biographies of Richard Butler, the Duke of Northumberland's Piper, and Jan Bennet, from The Border Minstrels. Features general information on bagpipes, and lists of publications and recordings.
- Northumbrian Smallpipes Encyclopaedia: Historical and technical articles on Northumberland's traditional instrument.
- Parade Shine: Dedicated to the Scottish style Drum Major, with information for pipeband drum majors, covering uniform, flourishes and competitions.
- Pibau Pencader: Traditional music Welsh bagpipe `group` and festival in Pencader, west Wales, UK. Meetings, schedule, venues.
- Pibroch.net: Promoting classical Gaelic piping to a global audience. Articles, CD recommendations, and links for piobaireachd.
- Pipes & Drums Webring: Links the sites of pipers and pipe bands. World-wide membership.
- Regimental Drum Major Association: Information to current and aspiring Drum Majors at no cost.
- Richard and Anita Evans: Makers of Northumbrian and Scottish smallpipes. Features information and pictures of each type of bagpipe, with sound clips, maintenance and reed making advice, and links.
- Ringo's Bagpipe Pages: Some pictures of classic pipes and a page with reviews to his book on care and maintenance of the bagpipes.
- Ross Bagpipe Reeds: Bagpipe reeds, zipped and clamped canister pipe bags.
- Sam's Bagpipe Link Homepage: Links to piping suppliers, pipe bands, and information.
- Scottish Piper: Free online bagpipe lessons, with free help and support from a qualified tutor. Lessons go from the basics to full tunes, including some musical theory.
- Steve MacLeod's Bagpipe Q&A: Offers articles and information about issues relevant to those who play the bagpipe, providing a balanced and detailed assessment. Also of use for those wishing to learn or hire pipers.
- Swedish Bagpipes: Information on the history of bagpiping in Sweden. In Swedish and English.
- Tenor Drummer: The home of pipe band tenor drumming on the web.
- The Bagpipe Web Directory: A comprehensive guide to bagpiping on the Web.
- The Poor Piper: Home of the budget-minded bagpiper. With tips, tricks, how-to's, forums, tunes archive, and a store.
- The Universe of Bagpipes: Photos and descriptions of over 30 kinds of bagpipes from many countries, history, sound samples, and construction information.
- The VOICE Online: The official online publication of the Eastern United States Pipe Band Association (EUSPBA).
- Tones and Drones: Radio program for bagpipe music from around the world, although mostly of Uilleann bagpipes (also known as the Irish bagpipe). Tune in, WZBC 90.3 FM Boston, or hear it online through the website.
- Uillean Pipes References: Listing of Uillean Pipes supplies, tips, music and links.
- Uilleann Pipes Obsession: Information about the Uilleann Pipes, and the Southern California Pipers' Club. With news, calendar of events, biographies of Uilleann pipers, links and a shop.
- Viper Piper's Bagpipe Tunes: Database of bagpipe tunes in different formats.
- Webpiper.net Bagpipe Forum: Forum for the discussion of the Great Highland Bagpipe and related issues.
- Welsh Bagpipes and the Welsh Pibgorn: Includes histories of bagpipes and hornpipes in Wales, details and pictures of instruments by maker John Tose, notated pipe music, and photos from the Gwyl Bibau Pencader festival.
This category in other languages: