Search Home : Arts : Music : Instruments
[A : B : C : D : E : F : G : H : I : J : K : L : M : N : O : P : Q : R : S : T : U : V : W : X : Y : Z ]
- Musical Instrument Reference: From MusicArrangers.com. Resource for teachers and students. Modern musical instruments, transposition, concert pitch and best sounding range.
- Taxonomy of Musical Instruments, by Henry Doktorsi: Chart based on a 1914 scheme by Sachs and von Hornbostel classifies orchestral, folk, and electronic instruments into families. A second chart maps the free-reed family, which includes harmonicas and concertinas, supported by a scholarly history of free-reeds.
- Australian Aboriginal Musical Instruments: Descriptions and images of the didjeridu, bullroarer, gum-leaf, and clapsticks.
- CHICO Instrument Encyclopedia: Information categorized geographically and by type. Features histories and photos.
- Face Music: Traditional Instruments of the Mongolia People: Brief descriptions and photographs.
- Iberian Folk Instruments: Photographs, descriptions, and audio samples of traditional instruments and music-related images from the Iberian Peninsula.
- Lithuanian Instrumental Music: Photographs and descriptions of traditional instruments, article on ensembles, glossary, and bibliography.
- MFA: Musical Instruments: Photographs and information about instruments in the extensive collection at the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston.
- Mechanical Music Digest: Moderated forum about musical instruments that play themselves. Published daily on the Internet and distributed primarily by e-mail.
- Music Gear Review: Gear news, reviews, tablature and shopping. Covers guitars, basses, drums, keyboards, PA systems, effects pedals, amplifiers, software, accessories.
- Musical Instrument Information: Annotated internet directory, and a help desk for personal assistance with your questions.
- Musical Instruments - The Metropolitan Museum of Art: The Met presents an international array of musical instruments of historical, technical, and social importance, as well as tonal and visual beauty, from accordions to zithers.
- Musiciansnews.com: News for musicians about instruments, artists and competitions.
- Mxtabs: Over a thousand tabs (tablatures) for drum, bass and guitar for alternative, metal and rock music. Lessons, articles, links and site reviews, how to read tabs.
- NIU Musical Instrument Collection: Photographs and audio samples of instruments from around the world, organized alphabetically, geographically, and by type.
- Pro-Music-News: News from the music industry and professional recording and P.A. technology and well as keyboards and percussion product news. [English/Deutsch]
- Society for Self-playing Musical Instruments: Devoted to the devices and their use, design, history, and sale with links to museums and related organizations [English/Deutsch].
- The Classical Free-Reed, Inc.: Offers information about free reed instruments including the accordian, bayan, concertina, harmonica, sheng and reed organ. Includes definitions, descriptions, history, articles, reviews and a performers directory.
- The Institute Of Musical Instrument Technology: The main professional body covering the music industry. Features publication and membership details.
- World Musical Instrument Gallery: Descriptions, photographs, and some sound samples of instruments in Randy Raine-Reusch's large collection.
This category in other languages: