Search Home : Arts : Music : Resources
- Glossary: Concise definitions of musical terms including form and theory, composers, instruments and historical eras, with RAM audio examples and purchase links. From Essentials of Music, online companion to the Essential Classics series of books published by W. W. Norton.
- Harmony Central: News, reviews, articles, forums, guitar tablature files, classifieds and extensive links to sellers of guitar, bass, keyboard and drums as well as software, MIDI and studio recording gear.
- A2Gmusic.com: Resources, tips, news, classifieds, forums and music related databases. Includes information about copyrights, trademarks, marketing and locating a record label.
- American Hit Network: Reviews, release dates, music news, concert dates and reviews, music history, games and web radio.
- Auralgasms: Biographies, discographies, sound samples, tour dates and user comments focusing on new artists.
- Bands On The Web: An all-music site for musicians and fans.
- Big Island Music, Inc.: Features a biography of Stan Zabka, co-composer of the original Tonight Show theme, and a catalog of creative projects in music, film and television production.
- Burn-One.com: The evolution of live music. Bands can record live shows and sell CDs. Fans can listen to music before they buy.
- Business for Musicians: Simple guide shows how to write a resume and create a brochure, and explains the importance of self-promotion. Statistics and graphs on musical employment, especially in classical music.
- CD Art: Features non-specific CD covers for your music compilations. Includes minidisc and tape covers.
- Come As You Are Music: A `resource` designed to help the working musician get contacts in the music industry.
- Definitive Audio Web: Audiophile site with reviews, articles, columns, news, classified ads, equipment and tweaking information, directories and a forum. Available in Chinese and English.
- Digitalis: This MP3 digital rock music project is looking for artists who would like to contribute vocals, songwriting or instrumentals.
- Disc-O-Logue: Catalogue of French language songs from Canada, France and other parts of the French speaking world, which were available in Canada on LPs and 45rpm records from 1962 through 1979.
- Fabrizio Ferrari's Musicians Page: Free sheet music, musicians search engine, musical software tools, services and resources.
- FourFront Media and Music: Ideas for promoting and marketing independent music. All articles were written by music business veteran Christopher Knab.
- Futuresonic: Ambient sound site which is a forum for the presentation of audio media for digitally enhanced forms of expression and communication.
- GeoTunes: Purchase CDs and tapes. Find MP3s, software and sheet music.
- Gigpad.com: The emphasis is on bands from Asia, but it is a `resource` for everyone. Includes equipment reviews, interviews, hints and tips, free e-mail, forums and classified ads.
- Global Alliance of Performers: Non-profit 501(C)(3) agency made up of musicians, performers, producers, artists and journalists, dedicated to making a difference in society.
- Grove Music Online: The mothership of musical scholarship offers links to nearly 50,000 articles, images and sound files from 6,000 contributors. Access by paid subscription, free trials and reduced rates available for libraries and schools.
- Harding Bros. Music Resources: Includes a guitar note finder, chat room, live sound tips and links to MIDI, tablature, musical instrument and auction sites.
- Headbob: For independent artists distributing their music via MP3 format. They link radio stations and nightclubs in many genres.
- Hidden Song Archive, The: Access information, find titles, authors and backgrounds for hidden and unlisted tracks from dozens of rock, pop, and other albums.
- Indie Link Exchange, The: Contains a list of music people who wish to exchange links with other music related sites.
- IndieUprising.com: Resource for independent music with articles, interviews, reviews, artist profiles and free music.
- IndieVoice.com: Toronto's independent music `resource` for indie artists, their fans and the music community.
- Indiecentre: An independent label information site with a focus on releasing your own album on vinyl, cassette and CD.
- Johnny Mercer Foundation, The: A non-profit organization devoted to preserving and celebrating the Great American Songbook in the tradition of Johnny Mercer. One of their many accomplishments is helping the blind to read and play music.
- Just a Bass Player: A haven for bass players who maintain band websites.
- Live Club: Home to many up and coming bands. Features a gig guide, free linking and message board.
- Live Music Production: Community for artists and fans. Includes a forum, free e-mail, a studio webcam and links.
- MSN Music Guide: Includes news, reviews, charts and links.
- Making Music: Formerly known as The National Federation of Music Societies, they provide artistic information, training and support services to amateur and semiprofessional musicians.
- Marketing Your Music: An array of tips on how to call attention to your music.
- Motion: Interactive service for new music. Includes daily reviews, features, videos, interviews, news and resources.
- Music Business: An educational and informational music business site, dedicated to building successful careers in the music and entertainment industry. Includes paid membership areas.
- Music Fan Clubs Organization: Fan-oriented site providing up to date information about your favorite singers, groups and bands.
- Music Helps Online Communities: Community building tools for music related sites. Features chat, webmail, webspace and shopping.
- Music Logos for Bands: More than 18 years of experience in design. The designers have won national awards for their work, including 5 first place awards at The American Graphic Design Awards competition in 1998, 1999 and 2000.
- Music Paradise: Built with the idea of bringing forth the blend of traditional and modern day music. Includes sound clips and information about different genres, instruments and their history.
- Music Player Network: A leading content source for musicians. Exclusive artist interviews, daily news, product announcements, gear reviews, professional forums and free classifieds. Covers guitar, bass, drums, vocal, recording and gigs.
- Music and Technology: Resources for the recording musician. Includes music and technology tutorials, message forums, industry book reviews, information and free musician classifieds.
- Music in The Big Sky: Training musicians in Montana, church musicians and otherwise. Offers music events and help from trained musicians.
- Music-Atlas: Portal offers hundreds of artist and band biographies with links to official sites, news, polls, top ten lists and musician jokes.
- Music-tips.com: Offers tips about equipment, production, performing and recording.
- Music.com: A large `resource` for news, reviews, interviews, free downloads, audio and video, concert listings, contests and merchandise.
- MusicEffect: Information about popular bands, including lyrics, pictures, biographies, discographies, MP3s, guitar tablature and message boards.
- MusicResource.com: Musical instruments, vintage nstruments, articles, information on amps, and Chicago musical events.
- Musicfaqs.net: Contains answers to questions about musical instruments, bands and other music-related subjects, and provides a feature for posting a question to get answers from other users.
- Musicians Answering Service, The: Diary service for London's top musicians, with biographies and photos.
- Musicians Gallery: Profiles, photos and biographies of musicians and related services worldwide.
- Musicians National Referral: A fee based service helping musicians and bands to connect locally, regionally, nationally and globally.
- Musicians Network: Offering a means for networking and mutual support to musicians and people in the music industry. Free online bulletin board and e-mail list.
- Musicians and Injuries: Instrumental musicians are a special risk `group` for repetitive motion injuries. This page addresses that issue.
- Musicplasma: This metasearch engine with a visual display will find artists who fit any musical taste, if you supply an example. Click on any of the names to see other related artists.
- Net Live Music: Free MP3 download and music exchange `resource` catering to small bands and independent artists. Includes information about band and artists, registration and services offered.
- Netmusicians.org: Free online community for musicians which is aimed at promoting the members' music and encouraging creativity. They provide free web hosting and design for those who do not have their own sites.
- Newbands.ca: Canadian-based free band web hosting. Includes ability to provide downloadable MP3s and listeners to rate songs.
- Nightwatch Recordings: A directory of musicians and bands specializing in Renaissance and early music. Includes news, reviews and sound clips.
- Northwest Music Network: An online guide to musical happenings in the Pacific Northwest and British Columbia. Includes acts, venues and events.
- OrangeSpot.com, The: An online `resource` where artists can sell their music and network with industry professionals.
- Outer Sound: Independent music community, with reviews, feature stories, how-to articles, industry databases and band sites.
- Oyster River Tone Woods: They process top quality woods for use in the construction of musical instruments.
- PRB Productions: Publisher of early and contemporary music for voices and instruments. Music typesetting. Located in Albany, California.
- Patrick Woodroffe Lighting Design: His work encompasses the worlds of music, dance, fashion, art and architecture. His clients include ABBA, the Los Angeles Philharmonic Orchestra, Bob Dylan, Van Morrison, Elton John and the Rolling Stones.
- Peoples Entertainment Project: Created to bring entertainment and other services to people who can't get to them for any reason and to provide opportunities for artists, musicians and others to use their talents in service to their communities.
- Performermag.com: Offers musicians an online `resource` for information about the art and business of the music industry.
- Players-Server.com: Provides an online music distribution service for independent artists, unsigned bands and others. Features anti-copy protection and secure payment mechanisms.
- Promotion Alley: A music network where artists, club owners, producers, advertisers and fans can exchange ideas and resources. Includes a message board, chat and classified ads.
- RainMusic.com: Reviews independent music resources on the Internet.
- Rap Industry: A hip hop `resource` with music, videos, news, magazines, clothes and a playmate contest. The site contains some adult oriented content.
- Rapper Dentist Daddy and Hip Hop Dentist: When one of the mega-stars asked for a sparkling set of gold teeth with diamonds, they acquired those nicknames. Many of today's top pop artists have become their patients.
- Real UK Music: Music `resource` providing information, listings and links for various types of music. Including clubs, festivals, concert venues, news, reviews, performers, studios and teachers.
- Rock List: Discographies for rock artists and bands from 1954 through 2000, with thousands of records listed.
- Sai Fi Music Collective, The: Music services for the freelance Long Island, New York, Tri-State area musician. Created by musicians and producers. Includes band web page design and listings of freelance musicians.
- Schirmer Audio Dictionary of Music: One uses alphabetized index or search function to see and hear what is meant by musical terms such as harmony, intervals, phrasing and timbre. From college textbook division of the historic music publisher, now a part of Thomson/Wadsworth.
- Shavano Music Online: Information about band equipment, lighting systems, speakers and contracts. Also provides a way to find other musicians.
- Sheheshe Music Services: Radio promotion business for indie artists. Online newsletter, references, prices, and specials.
- Slipcue.Com: A guide to country, folk, power pop, melodic punk, Brazilian and Cuban music. Includes reviews, artist details and recommended albums.
- Sojournstar Music Ltd.: This `resource` for independent bands and artists includes a forum, classified ads and helpful interaction with website staff and surfers.
- Solo Performer: Includes solo guitar arrangements and lessons, a singer and songwriter workshop, studio/home recording advice and performance coaching. It also examines legal and music business issues.
- Song of The Salesman: Guide to music used in advertising, also featuring information on plagiarism and musical theft among artists.
- SongTrellis: Collaborative site offering chord changes to hundreds of tunes as submitted by contributors along with chat forums and FAQs.
- SoundRage: Provides musicians with a means to find local talent and advance their art through services, equipment, books and contacts. Includes several message boards.
- Sunset Venue Music and Media: Resource for independently released music in all genres. Includes artists' photos, biographies, lyrics, reviews, audio and video.
- Teach Me Pop Music: Free online music tutorials include theory, guitar basics, bass basics, how to improve your playing, playing with others, resources, FAQs, links and news.
- The Covers Project: Database of covered songs and artists, with a list of longest cover chains.
- Themefinder: Large searchable database of musical themes with the results displayed in written musical notation. It also lists links to other websites related to matched themes.
- Tonos: Features various opportunities for musicians. Includes a message board.
- Triple Cycle Theory: A comprehensive site covering the Northwest music scene, with information about bands, record labels and a list of studios. Includes a discography and history.
- Web Music Database, The: Fan based music database includes recordings, artists, trivia and reviews.
- Who Does That Song: Searchable database for songs and the artists who recorded them. You can search by artist or song title. Includes links between artists who have changed groups and artists who have changed names.
- Worldwide Music Resources: Extensive page of listings for music resources around the world.
- hd6.com: A complete `resource` offering a massive archive of music information from guitar tab search engine to instructional articles.
- ilikemusic.com: Online music magazine and directory where users can find, buy, make, mix and promote music. Includes information about music careers, shop, music biz guide, record label contacts, news, reviews, features, interviews, hardware/software, DJ equipment, unsigned acts soundstage, DJ area and turntablism page.
This category in other languages: