Search Home : Arts : Music : Styles : Blues : Record Labels
- Ace Records: UK label specializing in reissues. Searchable database and links to music sites.
- Adelphi Records: Delta and country styles as well as blues-rock. Roy Bookbinder, Paul Geremiah, Chris Smither, The Nighthawks, Catfish Hodge, and collections of classic artists featuring photos and detailed bios.
- Alligator Records: View artist biographies, liner notes, and shop their catalog online.
- Antone's Records: Austin label online with artists Snooky Prior, Kim Wilson, Sue Foley, Lou Ann Barton, Gary Primich, and Angela Strehli. Contests, tour dates and online ordering.
- Arcola Records: Online orders of recordings from Furry Lewis, Bukka White, Henry Townsend, Big Al Calhoun, and Babe Stovall.
- Armadillo Music Ltd.: Supporting US and European artists Eugene 'Hideaway' Bridges, Daryl Davis, Larry Johnson, Micky Moody, The Nimmo Brothers, Kevin Thorpe's Out Of The Blue, and Wammajamma with tour dates, photos, and audio samples for some releases. [Adobe Acrobat Reader required to view artist bios]
- Artemis Records: Artist roster includes Jimmy Vaughan and the North Mississippi Allstars.
- Atlantic Records: Offers information and links on their artists.
- Atlas Records: Macon, Georgia label offering guitar-driven blues rock, with artist bios and reviews.
- Atomic Theory: Various musical genres, including contemporary urban blues: the excellent Lamont Cranston Blues Band, Hoopsnakes, and James Solberg.
- Bad Daddy Records: An independent label specializing in blues, jazz, and roots music.
- Biograph Records: Working to preserve old blues, jazz, and ragtime music for over 30 years. Artists include Son House, Skip James and Blind Willie McTell.
- Black & Tan Records: Netherlands label with European and American distribution. Also Crossroads Blues Agency.
- Blind Pig: Many "one-off" recordings by a wide variety of long established artists (Luther Allison, George "Harmonica" Smith), plus a roster of newer artists (Chris Cain, Tommy Castro) Most albums have soundclips and cover art.
- Blue Collar Music: Live recordings with no overdubs. Run by and for musicians. Featuring Kim Wilson and Fred Kaplan.
- Blue Loon Records: Texas Red, R.J. Mischo, Joe T. Cook, Mojo Buford.
- Blue Movie Records: West coast independent label specializing in blues, soul and rhythm & blues. Featuring John Broadway Tucker, Bill Heid, and Dave Workman.
- Blue Rock'it Records: Releases by Chris Cain, Andy Just, Charles Ford Band, and Ralph Shine.
- Blue Soul Records: Home of Timothea, New Orleans singer, songwriter, and producer as well as Cajun bluesman Amedee' Frederick.
- Blue Storm Music: Sound clips, newsletter, artist bios.
- Blue Suit Records: Includes profile, catalog, and pictures of blues artists.
- Blue Thumb Records: Featuring releases from Lucky Peterson, Robben Ford, Clarence "Gatemouth" Brown.
- Bluescat Records: Specialising in blues, jazz and gospel CDs from the 1890s to the present day.
- Boosweet Records: Independent record label from California, featuring Vernon Neilly and Stan Patterson.
- Burnside Records: Portand, Oregon independent label with acoustic & electric releases from North West and National artists.
- Buttermilk Records: Houston, Texas independent featuring blues and jazz.
- Cannonball Records: Offers artist roster plus tour dates, online store, catalog and mailing list submission form.
- Catfish Records: Large online CD catalogue of American roots music.
- Cathouse Records Ltd: Representing artists from around the globe plus a catalogue of re-issues. Find artist list, online store, and links.
- Choctaw Creek Records: Independent Texas label featuring bluesman Texas Johnny Brown. Includes artist bio, tour schedules, and information for ordering CDs.
- Continental Record Services: Rounder Europe, The Netherlands.
- Cool Buzz: Based in Amsterdam with artists and bands from the Benelux and the USA. Musician and CD information plus audio samples.
- Cordova Bay Records: CDs available online.
- DWM Music: Independently produced releases.
- Delmark Records: Chicago-based label recording blues & jazz since 1953. Includes an online catalog, MP3s and audio reviews, label history and an email newsletter.
- Dialtone Records: Texas blues, jazz and gospel featuring The Bells of Joy, The Texas Trumpets, and Ervin Charles.
- Doc Blues Records: Austin, Texas independent and distributor. Artist links, audio samples, photo gallery, and news on upcoming releases.
- Document Records: Large catalog of pre-war blues, jazz, gospel, spirituals, and North American old time music.
- Ecko Records: Memphis R&B Recording Studio.
- Electro-Fi Records: CD reviews, tour dates, and bios for Mel Brown, Little Mac Simmons, Curly Bridges, and Fathead.
- FTRC Records: Home of country blues artist Richard Johnston. Order CD, hear audio samples, see tour schedule, photo gallery, and booking information.
- Fat Possum Records: Raw and unpolished blues. Artists include R.L. Burnside, Junior Kimbrough, T-Model Ford, Elmo Williams, Hezekiah Early, Hasil Adkins, Neckbones, 20 Miles, Robert Cage, Cedell Davis, Jelly Roll Kings, Robert Palmer, Paul Wine Jones, Johnny Farmer, Frank Roach, Super Chikan, Country Teasers, ...
- Faust Records: Independent label in Prague, Czech Republic with its own recording studio and offering video and multimedia production.
- Fedora Records: Information on new releases, catalog, and an email mailing list.
- Fuel 2000 Records: Find artist bios, news releases, MP3s, tour information, or register for access to download artist press kits.
- Great Gull Records: Independent original blues and folk.
- Havic Records: Artist bios, pictures, links, ordering information.
- Hi Records: Home of Al Green, Ann Peebles, and Willie Mitchell. Label history, blues and Memphis links.
- HighTone Records: MP3s, photos, and tour dates for Geoff Muldaur, James Armstrong, and Chris Smither or shop for CDs. Reissue catalog includes titles from Testament Records and High Water Records.
- Hip-O Records: The compilation label of Universal Music Group, featuring numerous reissues from classic blues and rhythm and blues artists.
- Hottrax Records: Atlanta, Georgia independent label.
- King Snake Records: Audio samples, CD on demand for complete catalog.
- Landslide Records: From Atlanta, Georgia, home of Sean Costello.
- M.C. Records: American roots music, including Odetta, R.L. Burnside, Big Jack Johnson, Sleepy Labeef, Luther "Guitar Junior" Johnson.
- MW Records: Netherlands based label available in English.
- Malaco Records: Includes artist biographies, discographies and online store.
- Mapleshade Records: And studio, plus Wildchild Records. CDs releases by Sunnyland Slim, The Blue Rider Trio, Drink Small, and John Dee & Fris. Also a selection of audio products and an email mailing list.
- Messaround Records: San Francisco style blues-Gary Smith, John "Broadway" Tucker, Jerry Miller, and Charlie Musselwhite.
- Mocombo Records: John Juke Logan, Doug MacLeod, the Delgado Brothers, ...
- Moorafa Records: Owned and operated by Seattle, Washington independent singer/songwriter Michael Guthrie. CD, bio, and audio samples available.
- Mountain Top Productions: CDs by West Coast artists Gary Smith, Mark Hummel, Clarence "Guitar" Sims, and R.J.Mischo as well as harmonica instruction videos.
- Mystery Media Inc. Records: Reviews, links, MP3 downloads.
- Nightfly Music: Independent from Hendersonville, Tennessee with bios, audio samples, and tour calendar for artist roster.
- No Cover Productions: Independent label from Detroit. Releases range from traditional delta and Chicago styles to contemporary "rocking blues" sound.
- NorthernBlues Music, Inc.: Canadian label featuring Otis Taylor, Harry Manx, Rita Chiarelli, and Paul Reddick+The Sidemen. Artist bios, tour dates, reviews, and online ordering.
- Oh Papa Music: Audio and video, tour schedule, photos, press kit, and message board for acoustic musician Scott Perry.
- PacificSol: Northern California based, featuring new, original blues and R&B artists. Audio samples and online retail store available.
- Provogue: Specializing in blues rock from Walter Trout, Dave Hole, Bobby Mack, Omar and the Howlers, and Mason Ruffner.
- Random Chance Records: Independent label specializing in artists whose work is otherwise no longer available, as well as new artists. Roster includes mandolin player Yank Rachell and harmonica man Little Arther Duncan. Online orders and bios.
- Razor and Tie Records: "From the Vault" series of reissues features blues and rhythm and blues artists such as Arthur Alexander, Irma Thomas, and John Lee Hooker.
- Red House Records: Independent acoustic specialists whose roster includes Guy Davis, Paul Gerimiah, and Koerner/Ray/Glover. Online order form. [Printable catalog requires Adobe Acrobat Reader]
- Reverential Records: Manchester, UK independent label for acoustic blues.
- Rhino Records: Specializing in reissues, including collections and box sets of classic Albert King, Elmore James, John Lee Hooker, Buddy Guy & Junior Wells and the "Blues Masters" series of compilations.
- Roesch Records: Featuring Matt "Guitar" Murphy, Eddie King, Jesse Austin, and the Blues Brothers Horns.
- Rooster Blues: New releases and reissues from a roster of traditional blues artists such as James "Super Chikan" Johnson, Lady Bianca, and Larry Davis. Also tour info, mailing list, and blues links.
- Rounder Records: American roots music in a variety of genres, including blues and rhythm & blues, plus distributor of various small blues labels. Catalog is searchable by artist, genre, or album title and site includes tour information, sound clips, and artist pages.
- Ruf Records: Artist discographies, biographies and tour dates. Releases from Luther Allison, Eric Bibb, Larry Garner, Trudy Lynn, The Nighthawks, and Walter Trout.
- Rykodisc: Artist roster includes Mem Shannon, Robert Cray, Odetta, Kelly Jo Phelps, and Taj Mahal.
- Serapis Records: Official site of Zach Parrish. Includes music samples, images, tour dates, bio and press.
- Severn Records: East Coast independent label promoting blues and soul. See tour schedules, photos, purchase CDs online. Artist roster includes Louisiana Red, Darrell Nulisch, and Roy Gaines.
- Shanachie Entertainment: An independent record and video company with a contemporary blues roster that includes Anders Osborne, Debbie Davies, Duke Robillard, Curtis Salgado, and Mem Shannon as well as reissues from musicians from Scrapper Blackwell to Michael Bloomfield.
- Silk City Recording Company: A small indie label specializing in blues and other roots music.
- Smithsonian Folkways: Archival recordings of early country-blues artists: Rev. Gary Davis, Big Bill Broonzy, Leadbelly, Lightnin' Hopkins, Elizabeth Cotten, and Brownie McGhee and Sonny Terry.
- South Side Records - Strictly Blues: Los Angeles recording artists Mary Dukes and South Side Slim. Photos, schedules, newsletter, discography, bios, and MP3s.
- Speakeasy CDs: Independent Canadian blues label.
- Stony Plain Recording: Canadian independent featuring Billy Boy Arnold, King Buscuit Boy, Maria Muldaur, Duke Robillard, and Rosco Gordon.
- Taxim Records: German specialist in roots music; blues, folk, country, roots-rock, and all points in between
- Telarc International: Printable catalog, online orders, MP3 downloads. Roster includes Tab Benoit, Lady Bianca, James Cotton, Luther "Guitar Junior" Johnson, Robert Jr. Lockwood, and Son Seals.
- Texas Music Forge: Austin based label offers Texas roadhouse R&B, acoustic blues, folk, and country. Mp3 downloads.
- Timbreline Records: Part of Bayou Mountain Music, a BMI publishing company and home of Kahl-Reece Studio.
- Tone-Cool Records: Represents John Brim, Johnny Hoy & The Bluefish, Mark Hummel, Kid Bangham & Amyl Justin, Little Anthony & Sugar Ray, The Love Dogs, Dave Maxwell, "Earring" George Mayweather, The James Montgomery Band, Rod Piazza & The Mighty Flyers, Paul Rishell & Annie Raines, Terrance Simien, Susan Tedeschi, Toni Lynn Washington, Monster Mike Welch, and Tony Z.
- TopCat Records: Texas indie offers some audio samples and links.
- Trainwrecords: Indie blues label. Sound clips, online orders.
- Tripping Tree Music: Victoria Warne Band, Rick Austin, Ken Serio. Band bios, gig dates.
- Twll Du Records: Wales, UK musicians collective producing music based on punk blues.
- Verve Interactive: New releases, catalog, and tour information for Verve artists.
- Vestige Records: Featuring releases from blues rock guitarist Sean Chambers and delta blues guitarist Rocky Lawrence.
- Winner Records: Includes CD information, videos, and ordering information.
- World Talent Records: Label based in Atlanta, Georgia USA. Artists: Guitarist/Songwriter Forrest McDonald, Raymond Victor
- Yazoo Blues Mailorder: CDs, Videos, and archival prints. Many of the earliest blues recordings ever made, by Charlie Patton, Skip James, Blind Lemon Jefferson, Memphis Minnie, Mississippi John Hurt, and Scrapper Blackwell.
- Yazoo Records: An independent record and video company dedicated to making available classic performances of early blues, rural American and ethnic music at the highest standards possible.
- Yellow Dog Records: New music from emerging artists deeply rooted in American musical traditions - Blues, Folk, Appalachian, old-time Country, early Jazz. Based in Memphis, TN.