Search Home : Arts : Music : Styles : Folk : Record Labels
- American Melody: Award-winning recordings of folk, bluegrass, and children's music and stories. Website includes audio samples.
- AtlanticArtists.Com: Featuring the most popular recording artists from Canada's Atlantic coast.
- Azalea City Recordings: Takoma Park, MD folk label that permits artists to maintain the rights to their work.
- Black Hen Music: Independant Canadian record label. Details of current artists and news.
- Cimarron Records, Inc.: Americana Singer-Songwriter James Talley's Nashville based record label, which has released his recent tribute to Woody Guthrie, and will be releasing his future new releases.
- Elizabeth Records: Representing the New York folk scene, information and audio links through CD Baby are on the site.
- Foolish Records: Indie label with artists such as Laura Molinelli, Rick Redington, Jim Gilmour and the Huge Members.
- Hard Miles Music - Folk Music & Labor Unions: An independent record label devoted to restoring folk music and art to their rightful status within the labor movement.
- Icebird Record Company: Artist operated acoustic/folk label company. Featured work includes The Madrones, The Filucy Hootchie Kootchie Band (kidz music) and Steve and Kristi Nebel. Audio samples, performing information and purchasing links are provided.
- M W Records: Mexico City independent record label, supports bands and new talents from Mexico and Latin America in a great variety of styles that go from rock and pop to New Age and prehispanic music.
- Melody Meadows Records: Independent record label and recording studio in Newark, DE specializing in singer-songwriter artists & folk-rock bands.
- Minstral and Collegium Records: A straightforward listing of CDs, tapes, and LPs of traditional folk music and Renaissance and Medieval music.
- Mother Earth Music: Independent folk and contemporary music label; details of artists and their recordings.
- Prairie Fire Records: An Independent Record Label: A small independent label focused on helping Midwestern acoustic artists record, release and promote an early or debut release that will gain the attention of a major label. Audio of currently signed artists is available on the site.
- Ranch Recording: Independent folk/alternative-country label based in Santa Barbara, CA. Includes artist profiles and merchandise.
- Rock Star Productions: Independent studio producing and managing artists, promoting CD releases, and supporting the efforts of independent musicians.
- Rocky Coast Music Inc.: Canadian independent folk music label. Also represent traditional maritime band McGinty. (based Nova Scotia)
- Rustic Records: Phoenix, Arizona-based label. Offers artist profiles, reviews and contact information.
- Salmon Brook Records: Independent label specializing in acoustic and traditional music. Includes artist profiles and tour schedules.
- Sonifolk: Independent record label from Spain that specializes in Spanish folk music.
- Sugar Babe Records: Home of Modern Bluegrass Band, The Dog Run Boys and Americana singer songwriter, Rick Malis
- TMOP Music: Label featuring the music of Mike Meltzer. His new album is titled "The Big Go-'Round" and features Syd Straw and Peter Case.
- Tangible Music: Indie record label focusing on folk, americana, alternative country and roots-rock. Includes audio samples and ordering information.
- Tara Music Company: Dublin-based producer of Irish/Celtic recordings for over 25 years. Includes artist profiles, photos and audio clips.
- Vanguard Records: Includes a label history, artist profiles and merchandise.
- Wild Boar Music: Belgium based folk label, including bands like Shantalla, Kadril, Lais, and Ambrozijn. Information for demo's, and on distribution and ordering.
- Wildplum Recordings: An indie label featuring Americana, folk, and other new acoustic music from the left coast; a remote recording service is also available.