Search Home : Arts : Music : Styles : Jazz : Record Labels
- 1201 Music: Independent label offering CDs of contemporary, classic, and new-age jazz. News, artist and CD listing, MP3 downloads, and shop.
- ASV/Living Era: Features recorded music, on compact disc, from the early days of jazz and other popular music. Extensive catalog includes hundreds of selections.
- Accurate Records: Long standing jazz indie in Cambridge, MA. Artists include Medeski, Martin and Wood, and Jazz Mandolin Project. Discography, sound samples, ordering information.
- Acoustic Records: Norwegian label offers photos and profiles of Scandinavian artists whose recordings are available for sale.
- Alf Records: Independent Belgian record label, specializing in boogie and jazz.
- Amayana: German label run by former agent Heinz Ulm. News, information on represented artists, and contact information.
- Apio Music: Venezuelan based label with a roster of new and unknown artists and from Latin America.
- Arbors Jazz: Contemporary traditional jazz on compact disc and video. Features many live festival recordings. Also includes schedule of jazz parties and festivals, as well as articles on traditional jazz.
- Arkadia Records: A NYC multi-Grammy nominated jazz/world music label/distributor. Home of Joanne Brackeen, Benny Golson, Dave Liebman, and Billy Taylor. The label aims to integrate media and marketing to realize its artists' full potential.
- Artegra: Jazz, classical, and folk recordings, conceived by the musicians themselves. CD and artist listing, MP3 downloads, and shop.
- Ayler Records: Swedish label specializing in modern improvisational jazz, featuring Noah Howard, Peter Brötzmann, and John Stevens. Includes artist biographies, reviews, and online ordering.
- Beegum Records: The home page for Beegum Records, offering "Monk/Not Monk" by Brubeck and Widelock D° Brubeck, jazz cello, and David Widelock, guitars)
- Black Hat Records: Acoustic modern jazz record label from the San Francisco Bay Area. Latest release is Searching by Cooke Quartet (CQ). This site contains CD information, streaming audio samples of our records, MP3s, reviews, and press kit.
- Black Jazz Records: Jazz on compact disc. Black Jazz Records was introduced, in the early 1970s, by jazz pianist Gene Russell. Site features artist biographies, discographies and merchandise. Flash and non-Flash versions of the site.
- Blacksaint.com: Production and export of jazz , improvised, and avant garde music. New releases, catalogs, distributors, and press reviews.
- Blue Jackel Entertainment: Record Label specializing in World and Jazz music. Based in New York.
- Blue Note Europe: Click on flags to find tour dates of Blue Note artists by European country. Links to alphabetized artist pages.
- Blue Note Records: Web site for the legendary American record label that's released most of the major jazz artists since the 1950's. Find out about new releases and tour dates for all Blue Note artists.
- Chiaroscuro Records: Producing mainstream jazz recordings for more than 25 years.
- Concord Records, Inc.: Grammy-winning company lists awards, new releases, news, labels, history and tour dates, and offers artist search and online catalog.
- Cornucopia: Recordings and distribution for UK jazz pianist John Law.
- Corridor Records: Independent jazz blues record label with releases by organist Lyman Woodard and guitarist Robert Tye.
- Criss Cross Jazz: Fully indexed catalog of CD albums issued on the label.
- DSM Records: Canadian jazz label.
- Double Time Jazz: Jazz recordings on compact disc. Online catalog offers thousands of titles, including imports and hard-to-find recordings.
- Double Time Records: Offers a listing of artists and recordings, with detailed descriptions and audio clips, CD ordering, and a newsletter.
- Downtown Records: Independent Swiss Jazz label specializing in traditional and piano Jazz.
- ECM Records: Premier independent European label with more than 700 releases over 30 years. Longtime home to Keith Jarrett, Jan Garbarek, Ralph Towner, a.o. Site includes complete catalogue, online shopping, tours and news.
- ENJA Records: Production and publishing company distributing modern jazz, world music and blues worldwide, established in Munich in 1971. Artists profiles and tour dates.
- Edgetone Records: Independent record label, producing experimental work in free jazz, contemporary chamber, and electronic music.
- Edition Orix - Musikverlag und Musikproduktion: German swing, jazz, and instrumental label. Also produces classic and jazz music transcriptions for saxophone ensembles. [Site in English, German and French]
- Effendi Records: Canadian jazz label. Biografies of artists Yannick Rieu, Thuryn von Pranke, Fact, and Greg Amirault. Buy CDs online.
- FMR - Future Music Records: British based Future Music Records was formed in 1988 to promote contemporary music. With over 100 cd releases the label specialises in Jazz, improvised, electronic, experimental and contemporary music.
- Fantasy, Inc.: Site holds the catalogs of Fantasy, Prestige, Galaxy, Milestone, Riverside, Debut, Contemporary, Jazzland, and Pablo all released through the OJC - Original Jazz Classics series.
- Fiasko Records: An independent record label founded by Finnish musicians. Includes bands and artists listing, catalogue, and shop.
- Four Leaf Clover Records: Swedish jazz label in business for 25 years. Recordings from European, and American jazz musicians.
- GM Recordings: Jazz catalog includes a diverse range from ragtime to avant-garde, and includes recordings from Eric Dolphy, Ed Schuller, Paul Motion, Ran Blake and label owner Gunther Schuller.
- GRP Records: Smooth jazz label. Includes tour dates, soundclips, artists information and full discography.
- GemTone Records: Label featuring jazz and blues artists from Southern California, including Edmund Velasco, George Matoian, Ken Schoppmeyer and Len Rainey. The site features audio, video, pictures, biographies, and gig calendars.
- Giglaeoplexis: Focuses on electric fusion jazz. Artists include LiveArt, and Muchehatminteyfresh.
- Global View Records: Independent jazz label featuring jazz/world-fusion `group` Clayton Englar and Equinox, and the eclectic Windmill Saxophone Quartet. Site features RealAudio samples, reviews, and links.
- Green Hill Music: Featuring a wide variety of musical styles including light jazz, piano, classical, celtic, guitar, new age, and big band.
- Hao Records: Devoted to the music of five ECM influenced jazz musicians from Japan.
- Heart Music: Independent jazz label, specializing in instrument virtuosity. News, artists listing, and ordering.
- Heat Records: LA based contemporary jazz label.Includes artists' biographies, catalogue, online shopping, audio samples, and news.
- HeavenHotel: Musicians and visual artists from Antwerp, Belgium. Includes recording artists Kiss My Jazz, Goreslut, Rudy Trouve, Sue Daniels, and Lionel Horrowitz Combo. Audio, news.
- Hi-Di Music: Small bebop/mainstream Norweigian label with online shopping, MP3 samples, artist information, CV's, reviews, tour dates, concert guide, and links.
- Hidden Beach Recordings Homepage: Independent label with commitment to cultivate and distribute new soul music through Sony or Epic.
- I-I-I Records: Promoting Jazz and Avant-Garde music. Artist and order information.
- Impulse Records: Classic jazz label founded in the 60's. Recordings include those by John Coltrane, Charles Mingus, Albert Ayler, Pharoah Sanders, and others
- Internal Bass: News plus artist and release information from this UK jazz/soul label.
- Invisible Music: Independent jazz record label featuring the works of Northern New England jazz artists. Sound clips, biographies, reviews and secure online ordering.
- JSL Records: Compositions and recordings by Judi Silvano, and Joe Lovano.
- Jazzical Music: Has a reputation for "hand-crafted" state-of-the-art recordings of Jazz and Classical Music. It is the exclusive producer and distributor of music and CDs by Joe Lewis, legendary jazz saxophonist and composer.
- Joken Records: Featuring releases by Ben Riley, Sumi Tonooka, Bill Barron and others.
- Juniper Records: Alternative jazz record label, run by musicians based in New York City. RealAudio clips, upcoming gigs, and CDs for sale. [Flash]
- Justin Time Records: Canada's largest world renowned independent jazz label.
- Kali Records: creative music: Kali Records features modern recording artists like William Parker, Joel Futterman, Edward "Kidd" Jordan, and Jimmy Williams.
- LJ Records: Focuses on modern and fusion jazz music from Sweden.
- LadyBird Productions: Swedish jazz label -- site is in English and Swedish.
- Level Green Recording Company: LGRC publishes jazz and avant-garde CDs. Artists include Ted Curson, Tim Berne, Hank Roberts, Chris Jarrett and others.
- Ma Recordings Online: Recordings in natural acoustic spaces of noted performers.
- ManKind Records: Ron Brown and the Urban Jazz Network featuring Kirk Whalum, Jonathan Butler. Smooth, funky, gospel flavored Jazz.
- Mix House: A Brazilian Label with a branch in USA to bring the best of the best in Brazilian Jazz, Brazilian Acid Jazz, Latin Jazz, Classical and Popular music. Among our artists are Paquito D'rivera (Grammy awarded), Raul de Souza, Conrad Herwig, between many others.
- Moo Records: Southern California label featuring jazz artists Otmaro Ruiz, Hideaki Tokunaga, Bruce Saunders, and others.
- Music In the Vines: Featuring San Francisco area jazz artists. Bookings, and CD purchase.
- Neoga Records, Inc.: The official website of Neoga Records, Inc., the Joe Parillo Ensemble, and the Joe Parillo Trio
- Nuscope Recordings: Label founded by producer Russell Summers in 1998 to document the daring and life-affirming musics of musicians whose goals are to stimulate, mystify, and move. Features artists such as Fred Van Hove, Georg Gräwe, and others.
- OdemRecords: Swiss based jazz/jazz rock label
- OmniTone: Focuses on younger, non-mainstream jazz musicians. Artists and CDs, press reviews, and store.
- OriginArts Records: Seattle based jazz label focused on the promoting of great Northwest musicians and their music.
- Past Perfect: jazz, big band and swing era nostalgia and music digitally remastered as cds - featuring Glen Miller, Duke Ellington, Fats Waller, Billy Holliday amongst others.
- Pi Recordings: Independent label mainly dedicated to the work of Henry Threadgill. Site includes catalog, samples, and ordering information.
- Playscape Recordings: Label conceived/mananged by guitarist/composer Michael Musillami. Artists include Thomas Chapin, Mario Pavone, and Marty Erlich. Site includes Real Audio/MP3 soundclips and online purchasing.
- Pocket Jazz Records: Label based in Newbury Park, CA., featuring Jazz Trespassers, Heidi Lyn, and Pocket Rocket. Company information, release and promotional catalogue, and links.
- Quetzal Records: Belgian jazz label featuring Toots Thielemans, Bruno Castellucci, Jean Pierre Catoul, Charles Loos, John Taylor, and Carnet d'Emeraude.
- Random Chance Records: It releases jazz and blues from artists like Yank Rachell, Little Arthur Duncan and the Bill O'Connell Latin Jazz Project. Online ordering and audio samples.
- Rent Control Records: Label dedicated to improvisational music, both acoustic and electronic. Recordings, MP3 and loop downloads, ordering information, and links.
- Rhombus Records: Founded in 1986, offers mainstream and fusion jazz, blues, world beat, and rock. Information on artists and CDs, and audio track samples.
- SOS Music Austria: Small, independent jazz-label, featuring younger, modern style musicians.
- Sanctuary Records Jazz: Run by pianist Mitchel Forman.
- Satchmo Jazz/Satchmo Jazz Records: Jazz record label and online, Spanish language, music store. Features compact discs, DVDs, videos and books about jazz.
- Satellites Records: New York based contemporary jazz label and artist/owner Ryo Kawasaki's multimedia home page. Including Ryo, Kimiko Itoh, and the late Richard Tee.
- Seeley Music Productions: Bill Chase and Bud Brisbois.
- Sharp Nine Records: Features sound bites, ordering, reviews, and news.
- Songlines Recordings: Specializing in cutting-edge jazz (with new music/world music influences) from New York's downtown scene and other centres of creative music
- Soundies: Chicago based label with a range of archive recordings from the golden age of American entertainment.
- Swing Cat Enterprises: Offering a catalog of old swing jazz, Mexican music, and old time fiddle breakdowns. Order and contacting information.
- Symbol Records: an independent featuring new UK jazz recordings
- Tantara Productions: Specializes in the progressive big band music of Stan Kenton.
- Timeless Records: Features an extensive catalog of early and traditional jazz on compact disc. In addition to its own label, the site offers selections from the Jazz Oracle label. Both labels are known for their meticulous restorations (normall
- TransAtlantic Radio: Releases digital restorations of jazz and hot dance music from the 1920s and 1930s on compact disc.
- Traumton Records: Based in Berlin, Germany. Specializing in audiophile quality, recordings of jazz, world and ambient/avantgarde music.
- Twinz Records: Label and recording studio dedicated to showcasing New York metro area musicians in collaboration with established artists. Featured artists, and ordering information.
- Verve Music Group: The Web Home Of Verve, GRP, Blue Thumb, and Impulse! Records and the artists that record there. Thousands of Album and Artist Pages, over 24,000 Soundclips.
- Vintage Music Productions: Early jazz and dance music from the 1920s to the 1940s, digitally restored to compact disc. Many rare and hard-to-find artists.
- WATT XtraWATT: Devoted to composer/musician Carla Bley's record company which is comprised of two labels called WATT and XtraWATT. Steve Swallow and Karen Mantler are both featured at this location.
- WorldView Music: World-beat jazz record label. Albums feature warm coastal jazz, African persussion, acoustic guitar, and world-beat blues.
This category in other languages: