Search Home : Arts : Online Writing : Journals : Resources
- Diarist.Net: The first site devoted to online journals. Weekly features, writers' tips and community news, and the largest diary directory on the web.
- About.com: Online Diaries: Coverage of online diaries, with the guide's picks in various areas.
- Affectionate Hearth at Suite101.com: Enhance holidays with artful ideas, creatively enfold loved ones, strengthen friendships and find deeper meaning in ordinary days. Writing on a personal level. Topic has been archived.
- BellaOnline: Journals: Reviews, articles, links and discussion about weblogs, online journals, garden journals, scrapbooking and resources for journal writers.
- Conversations Within: Free online seminar in journal working and personal growth.
- Creative Growth and Healing: Contains articles, annotated links, and book reviews about journal and memoir writing as well as information about how and why creativity heals. Email list.
- DavidRM Software's The Journal: Personal journaling system with many features.
- Daydreaming on Paper: Tips, prompts, and exercises for the creative journaler. Purple Ink.
- Diarist.Net Spark: A daily diary and journal writing prompt. A question or thought of the day to beat writer's block and keep the juices flowing. Includes a searchable archive.
- Diarist.com: Free, web-based e-mail for writers, diarists and journal keepers.
- Diary Door: Parents who keep diaries for their children connect with their inner wisdom and build their child's self-esteem by writing the ordinary/ extraordinary stories of daily life.
- Diarychannel.com: Read diaries, use the message boards without registration. No need to leave an e-mail. Just a place to sound off about Sports, music or whatever.
- EJournal Software: A journaling tool for writing and documenting your personal life story.
- EasyPicHost: Free journals/blog and picture hosting including SMS and e-mail submission. Free (with ads) or pay as you go for images.
- Echoing Whispers: The journal pages are dedicated to starting, developing, and maintaing journals and diaries. Muse pages are sources of journal writing inspiration.
- How to Develop A Spiritual Journal: Advice and suggestions for how to develop a spiritual journal. Includes how to begin, what types of things to write about, what devices to use, suggestions for other resources, and excerpts from the author's own spiritual journal.
- Inspired to Journal: Essays, prompts, quotes, personal entries, and a new workshop. Designed to inspire and advise journalers.
- Journal Writing: This site offers interviews with journaling experts, reviews of journal technique books, historical and private journals, a hints and tips section, book recommendations and links to other journal sites.
- Journal Writing at Suite101.com: Articles related to journal writing, as well as links to some of the best journal-related sites on the web.
- JournalMagic.com: Sue Meyn, M.C., Professional Journal Coach.
- Just Journal: Books and articles about keeping journals for personal growth and freedom.
- Life Tales: Information, newsletters and an e-zine about journaling, including writing exercises.
- LifeJournal: Personal journal writing software for the PC.
- Memoir Writers: Learn to journal with a sense of historical perspective.
- Memory Triggering Corner: Trigger autobiographical memories online, using techniques from the acclaimed Proust Press book. For scrapbooking, journals, writers and others.
- MindsView Journaling Software: Allowing the journalist to associate feelings and relations to journal entries. Easy to use reporting tool.
- New Life Stories: Help for writing your own life story.
- Open Journal: The simple Open Journal perl script will manage and maintain your Web-based musings and writings from a completely Web-based interface (say bye-bye to FTP, manual archiving).
- Personal Journaling: Part of the Writer's Digest site, a magazine for writing about your life. Newsletter, webrings, email lists, tips and advice.
- Portable Journal: Software for Windows, Palm and Pocket PC. Includes software features, free clipart for journals, and links to journals.
- The Center for Journal Therapy: A gathering place for those who know the power of writing for growth and healing.
- The Creative Notebook - JournalWriters: Offers quotes, writing prompts, keeping a writer's notebook, journaling techniques and methods, and weekly articles on journal writing.
- The Definitive Source for Online Journalers: There are so many journals out there it can be hard to keep up with all of them. The purpose of this site is to put all that information in one place.
- The Diary Registry: The largest directory of online journals and diaries with over 4,000 sites listed. Browse by title, author, location, and birthdate.
- The World Diary Project: An online project to collect and share diary entries from people around the world.
- Topics du Jour: Some topics du jour are from members of the ScribeTribe. Feel free to use them in your journal.
- Washington, DC Art Talk: Online journal that discusses Washington, DC art galleries, Washington artists and museums, as well as opinions and discussions and links to art criticism and stories from around the world.
- Weblogimages.com: Offering picture hosting for blog and journal users.
- Writer's Eye.com: WEAS is devoted to providing writing, journal-keeping and other resources for the writing and journaling community.
- Writing The Journey: An online journal writing workshop that presents journal writing concepts, tools, techniques, writing exercises, and links to supportive resources.
- Writing to Heal, Writing to Grow: Writing courses to examine and understand life's events, including Your Life in Essays, Writing About Cancer, Writing for Personal Caregivers, and Writing for Families.