Search Home : Arts : Performing Arts : Puppetry
- The Puppetry Home Page: Dedicated to international puppetry and lists puppetry information and resources.
- Axtell Expressions: Puppets, magic, and ventriloquist supplies. Learn basic ventriloquism online. Huge list of links to other puppetry and ventriloquism sites.
- Ballard Institute and Museum of Puppetry: Located at the University of Connecticut and containing one of the most comprehensive puppet collections in the US.
- Bread & Puppet's 1998 Domestic Resurrection Circus & Pageant: Scenes of Vermont review.
- Can Titella: Puppetry links and information brought to you by two puppet fans.
- Center for Puppetry Arts: Largest organization in the United States devoted to the art of puppetry. Information on museum and education programs; performances; 1999 Festival; membership information; job opportunities; links.
- Columbia Association of Puppeteers: A puppetry guild in Portland, Oregon, USA with lots of puppet builders, teachers and performers. A Chartered guild of the Puppeteers of America since 1975.
- Dynamic New Animation: A performance company that uses puppetry to creates shows for children and adults, and teaches puppetry. Information about shows, education, history, and contact details.
- Greek Marionette Theater: All about marionettes in Greece and world wide. Videos, photos, links, and the marionette history.
- I Burattini di Mario Magonio: Information about the Puppet Theatre of Mario Magonio, of Genoa, Italy. Includes directories and links to puppet theatres, museums and other resources from around the globe.
- Il Teatro Calamari - Puppet and Mask Theatre: An international touring puppetry and mask troupe based in Portland, Oregon. Performs in street, schools, large and small venues, offers workshops and residencies and performs for video.
- Internationaal Poppentheater Festival: An annual puppet theatre festival held each summer in Dordrecht, The Netherlands. Includes program information and photos from previous years' events.
- International Marionnette Institute: The International Puppet Institute of Charleville-Mézières was founded in 1981. Together with its National School of Puppetry (ESNAM), both with a world-wide concern, it represents an unparalleled set of means and activities dedicated to puppetry and its promotion. The Institute deals with many fields: education, vocational and continuous training, courses, meetings, publishing, research and documentation, exhibitions. Site in French and English.
- Karagoz: All about traditional turkisk shadow puppets.
- New England Marionette Opera: New England Marionette Opera Theatre, Peterborough, NH, (90 minutes from Boston) America's only opera theater performed entirely with string operated marionettes. Classical puppet theater.
- Punch and Judy: A nice history of Punch and Judy.
- Puppet Explorer: Building, scripts, festivals, links, muppet central, theatre, chat, custom, news, and tips.
- Puppet Resources: Archive of free puppet skits, scripts and other resources.
- Puppeteers of America: National Association of Puppetry. Festivals, membership information.
- Puppetry by Gail Lang: History of puppetry, a puppetry tale and an excursion into puppetry.
- Puppets and Stuff: Virtual community for puppeteers or puppet enthusiasts from around the world. Free home pages.
- Puppets at KBOB: Helps you get started with puppets and puppetry, using puppets in children's ministry, and building your own moving mouth puppets. Includes reviews of available puppets, and puppetry resources.
- Puppets in Prague: Information about master classes and workshops on wooden marionette design and construction, taught by professional Czech puppet artists in Prague, Czech Republic.
- Puppets2000: An award winning, unique and highly interactive entertainment puppet site, containing "Behind-the-Scenes" and "How To" activities, as well as strong visual components with easy-to-use navigation.
- Push Puppets: An on-line gallery of both old and modern push puppets.
- Reima's Puppet Ministry: Dedicated to puppetry in Christian ministry and education.
- Scott Radke: Produces marionettes, drawings, and sand sculptures.
- The Great Shadow Play Nang Yai: An introduction to the classical Thai shadow play and the Nang Yai Conservation Project.
- The Jim Henson Foundation: Founded in 1982 by Jim Henson to promote and develop the art of puppet theater in the United States, the Foundation awards grants to American puppet artists to develop new works of contemporary puppet theater.
- The Mascot Organization: Mascot East: The Mascot Organization represents several artists dedicated to producing quality animal costumes & props. Many of us are also experienced professional costume actors. At Mascot East, we've specialized a bit by offering realistic "animal doubles" for film & video work. Featured is our Hollywood quality synthetic bear: "Burtram".
- The Punch and Judy College of Professors: UK organisation of leading professional Punch and Judy performers.
- The Puppeteers' Cooperative: Contains information on how to make giant puppets, parades, and pageants.
- The Puppetry Homepage: A puppet information `resource` including classifieds, events, workshops, techniques and construction.
- UNIMA - USA, Inc.: American Chapter of UNIMA, Union Internationale de la Marionette, the world's oldest theatre organization. It is dedicated to promoting international friendship through the art of puppetry.
- University of Connecticut Puppetry program: The University of Connecticut offers the only Puppet Arts Training Program in the United States in which students can work toward BFA, MA or MFA degrees in the Puppet Arts.
- Uwe Sörensen: Maker of character marionettes, portrait puppets based on photographs, and string puppets, located in Hamburg, Germany.
- World Wide Puppets: Photos and brief descriptions of works created for puppet theatre. See page two for information about "Reocurring Dreams", and how to participate in this new work for puppet theatre.
This category in other languages: