Search Home : Arts : Television : History
- 1950's British TV Nostalgia: Focuses on the "golden age" of British TV. Includes milestones, viewer memories, sound and video clips.
- Alexandra Palace Television Society: Preserving the history of television's pioneers.
- Baird Television: Focuses on the work and life of Scottish inventor John Logie Baird. Includes list of best and worst Web sites about the history of TV.
- Do you remember Visnews?: Collection of articles and pictures about the old television news agency. Includes details of the antennae, the building, and logos.
- Early Television Foundation: Early television hardware, restoration tips, database of prewar sets and historical TV information.
- Electromusications: Media news, articles, idents and broadcasting history.
- Farewell Analog: Remembering the early days of television as American stations move to convert to digital broadcasting by 2006. Includes test patterns, photos, logos, shows, biographies, and behind-the-scenes anecdotes of the days of analog.
- History of American Broadcasting: Bbroadcasting history, technical information and station listings.
- Independent TeleWeb: Explains the development and history of commercial (independent) broadcasting in the United Kingdom.
- Intertel: The international television history digest.
- MHP: Television nostalgia, the history of teletext, test cards and idents.
- MZTV Museum of Television: Online collection showing the development of television.
- Photomusications: Printed broadcasting history - schedules, newspaper cuttings and yearbooks.
- Richard Logue's IrishTV webpages: Information about the development of Ireland's national and regional television stations.
- Survey of Russian Television: Academic report on the history and development of television in the former USSR.
- TV Ark: Online museum of British television, including title sequences, channel identities, and presentation.
- TV Is The Thing: Illustrated essay on how television has shaped the world, and changed society forever. Includes collection of photos of memorabilia.
- Television History - The First 75 Years: Features technical information, program guides, timelines, hardware, TV facts and examples of early televisions.
- ULB History of Television: An online anthology of early texts about television.
- What's the story, Pinoy TV?: Philippine television history.
- When Baseball Met the Eye: Discussion concerning CBS' four year (1990-1993) stint as the exclusive network for Major League Baseball.