Search Home : Arts : Writers Resources : Book Writing
- ACappela Publishing: Offers information on how to write, publish and market a book. Provides seminars on writing, marketing, publishing, short stories, and memoirs.
- Allexperts Book Writing Q&A: Veteran writers answer your detailed one-on-one question about writing books.
- Ask Alice Orr anything about the writing or the publishing business.: Ask Alice Orr, literary agent and author of No More Rejections: 50 Secrets to Writing A Manuscript that Sells (Writers Digest Books) anything about the publishing business.
- Australian Book Web: News about books, bookselling and publishing.
- Author-Created vs. Third-Party Book Indexes: Essay regarding the advantages and disadvantages of indexes developed by the authors themselves. Written by Seth Maislin, indexer and information architect.
- BRAINSTORM: The useful newsletter for writers and readers: Writers' resources newsletter with articles, and help for authors, writers and readers; includes tips on grammar and language, marketing, and writing conundrums.
- Best Book Links: Links, FAQ, banner exchange and calendar for writers publishing and promoting online.
- Book Writing : Helping writers, especially beginners who may have physical handicaps, learn to write as well as offering industry information.
- BookWire: Content includes timely book industry news, features, reviews, original fiction, guides to literary events, author interviews, thousands of annotated links to book-related sites.
- BookZonePro: Inside information, insights, tips, and guidance about book publishing and writing.
- How to Write a Book Proposal: Offers sample book proposals and a book on getting published.
- How to Write a Book with JoJaffa: How any one can write a book for fun and profit. How to stimulate the ideas, internet resources and ideas to inspire you to start writing.
- How to Write and Self Publish Ebooks on the Web: How-to resources for writers including how to outline an ebook, write, produce, market and sell it on the web. Includes interviews with successful ebook authors.
- Independent Editors Group: Service affiliated with New York City-based, freelance editors/book doctors/ghostwriters who work with writers, editors, and agents in trade book publishing.
- Novelists, Inc.: Dedicated to serving the needs of multi-published writers of popular fiction.
- Places for Publishers: Book industry information source. Includes a search engine for publishers.
- Publish a Book: Explains how the publishing industry works, how to prepare a proposal, all about agents (including finding, contacting, and choosing the right agent), and when to sign a contract.
- Suite 101: Novel Writing: Archive of how-to articles on writing novels. Offers tips, suggestions and interviews with published novelists.
- The First Novelists' Handbook: A short no-nonsense guide to writing the first novel by one who has completed the process.
- The Word Story: Editorial and manuscript assessment.
- Women-Ink: Book Coach for Women Writers: A service that helps women writers move books from the realm of imagination on to the finished page.
- Write A Book: A guide for new authors by O'Reilly, outlined like a book itself. Includes a variety of information on book writing.
- Writing Tips Depot: Tips that new writers never seem to learn on the first go round.
- Writing in a Nutshell: Creative writing course by email with personal tutorials and feedback.