Search Home : Arts : Writers Resources : Conferences
- Annual Ozark Creative Writers Conference: The official Web site of OCW, annual conference in Eureka Springs, Arkansas. Conference and contest information online.
- Annual Writers Conference: The Annual Writers' Conference began in 1980 at Eastleigh College to meet the needs of all aspiring and published writers in the UK. Since then it has become one of the UK's foremost writing conferences.
- Annual Writers Institute: An annual two day summer conference for fiction and nonfiction writers. Held on the University of Wisconsin-Madison campus.
- Bear River Writers' Conference: Four days of intensive workshops, talks, and readings in Northern Michigan's Hemingway Country. Sponsored by the University of Michigan.
- Book Expo America: Formerly known as the American Booksellers Association Convention & Trade Exhibit. An event serving the book market.
- Columbus Writers Conference: The annual conference presents an exciting range of fiction and nonfiction topics presented by writers, editors, and agents.
- Content Summit: Portal for the European Interactive Publishing Conference. To discuss publishing strategies. Workshops, expeditions and awards.
- Desert Dreams: A conference for writers of all levels of experience and various genres featuring in-depth workshops, and hands-on sessions. Sponsored by the Phoenix, Arizona chapter of Romance Writers of America.
- Eden Mills Writers' Festival: This year's festival takes place Sunday, September 8, 2002 in Eden Mills, Ontario.
- FirstNovelFest: Annual writing conference offering workshops designed to provide unpublished authors with hands-on experiences to enhance their writing skills and refine their manuscripts for publication.
- Frankfurt Book Fair: This year's Frankfurt Book Fair will take place from 9 - 14 October 2002.
- Hurston-Wright Black Writers' Week 2002: July 14-20, 2002 in Washington, DC. The Writers' Week is the nation's only multi-genre summer writer's workshop for writers of African descent.
- Imagination Writers Conference: This is a 5-day writing conference about strong, imaginative writing. Includes classes and workshops without genre bias or boundaries, courses about distinctive creative writing. Ohio.
- Indiana University Writers' Conference: "The country's second-oldest writers' conference (now in our 58th year) invites all writers for a week dedicated to quality poetry, fiction and creative nonfiction."
- Jerusalem Book Fair: The 20th biennial Jerusalem International Book Fair will take place from May 7-11, 2001.
- Knutsford Literature Festival: Held in Knutsford, Cheshire, England, end September beginning October each year.
- Lost State Writers Conference: Writers conference in East Tennessee featuring published authors, agents, editors and publishers. Workshops, panel discussions on fiction, non-fiction. September.
- Maui Writers Conference: Learn the craft of writing and screenwriting from best-selling authors and award winning screenwriters. Interact with top agents in film and publishing, while enjoying Maui's tropical paradise. Sept. 1st to 4th, 2000.
- Mendocino Coast Writers Conference: Workshops for writers of all genres. Meet literary agents and publishers, participate in a variety of intensive workshops, one-on-one conferences with writers and agents.
- New Orleans Bookfair: Official site. Held on the last weekend of October.
- North Carolina Literary Festival: A spring event with a goal to promote reading and writing and to spotlight the literature of the American South, especially North Carolina.
- Ottawa International Writers Festival: Ten day writers festival every September, in Ottawa, Ontario. The OIWF serves emerging Canadian talent by placing them on stage at the National Arts Centre with some of the world's greatest writers.
- Romancing the Rockies Conference: Bi-Annual conference in Denver. Information about workshops, editor/agent appointments, and critiques.
- SWA Annual Writers Conference: SWA sponsors a week-long conference in June every year on St. Simons Island. Workshop leaders are second to none.
- Santa Fe Workshops and Tours: Topics include memoirs, desktop publishing, spirituality in fiction, with published authors. Residential and 1-day workshops held in Santa Fe, N.M.
- Shaw Guide to Writers Conferences and Workshops: Detailed descriptions of hundreds of writing conferences, seminars and workshops worldwide. Searchable by state, country, specialty, keyword. Includes calendar of upcoming programs.
- SmallPOX: The Small Press in Ottawa eXpo's page and directory. Find out more about our annual indie books convention.
- Southern California Writers' Conference: 14th annual conference: Presidents' Day Weekend, Feb 18-21, 2000.
- St. Davids Christian Writers' Conference: St. Davids is a 44-year-old educational retreat for writers serious about their craft. The conference includes workshops, contests, tutorials, marketing consultations, meetings with editors. June 17-22, 2001.
- StoryCon: A multidisciplinary wealth of info on all aspects of story. Conference on the art, science and application of story.
- Surrey International Writers' Conference: October, 2002 with 45 presenters, 66 workshops, no charge agent/ editor appointment, 6 keynote speeches, and 5 banquet meals.
- TMCC Writers' Conference: Offers 2 and 4 day sessions, with workshops in fiction and poetry, plus lectures, readings, and panel discussions. March 27-30, 2003 in Reno, Nevada.
- The Creative Pen: Writers conference online. Stories, poetry workshops. David G. Low, The Mystic.
- The London International Book Fair: A major feature of the international publishing calendar. An event that is continually growing to reflect industry developments and attracting more visitors and exhibitors every year.
- The Publishing Game Conference: A unique conference for writers and small publishers. Top agents, editors, chainstore buyers, publishers, and TV producers share their expertise to help you market your book. Consults with experts, Exhibit Hall.
- The Winnipeg International Writers Festival: List of events, calendar, authors, tickets, history and sponsors.
- Toronto Small Press Group Fair: Group organises two small press fairs a year. Toronto, Ontario.
- Vancouver International Writers Festival: Festival ignites a passion for reading and writing by producing a number of special events and an annual festival that features writers from around the world. Granville Island.
- Wordsmitten: Monthly conference report finds and rates workshops and conferences where writers meet editors and agents. New, reviews, and interviews for publishing community.
- Write-to-Publish Conference: Focused for the Christian market, this annual conference offers classes for beginners through professionals, meetings with editors, manuscript evaluations and a tour of a publishing house. Faculty is mostly editors.
- Writers and Editors/ One-on-One: Features annual conference of Chicago Writers and Editors/ One-on-One conference.