Search Home : Arts : Writers Resources : Fiction
- A Bowl of Writers' Cereal: Writers tutorial, email list and articles. Created by Amy Kay Watson.
- Advice to Aspiring Writers: Practical advice to new writers of science fiction and other genres as well.
- All Game Guide Writers Forum: The place for All Game Guide writers to hang out, discuss our favorite games, contribute to the database, and earn extra income.
- Animation Writing and Production: Insight into writing and working at non-artist jobs in animation from someone in the biz. Archive of articles.
- AuthorFactory.com: Resources for readers and authors.
- Banshee Studios: Online forum and message board for fiction writers. Support, advice, and constructive criticism. Includes a calendar for upcoming events and competitions.
- BellaOnline: Fiction Writing: Apryl Duncan's articles, reviewed links, email newsletter and discussion forum for fiction writers.
- Broad Universe: Promotes women writers in the genres. Includes descriptions and reviews, online newsletter, and advice for new writers.
- Creating Convincing Characters: For writers interested in creating living, breathing and dynamic characters.
- Critters Workshop: An on-line workshop and critique `group` for serious writers of Science Fiction and Fantasy, or Horror.
- Debbie Lee Wesselmann's Tips for Fiction Writers: Instruction on characterization, plot, structure, language, dialogue, how to get published, and other topics of interest to fiction writers. Includes recommended reading and links to other sites.
- Eclectics.com: Includes a newsletter, message board and writing tips for the fiction and non-fiction writer.
- Eire Fury's Sanctuary: For fiction writers, offering articles on screenplay format, advice and tips for new writers, and a message board.
- Everyone Who's Anyone in Adult Trade Publishing: A free, annotated directory of 1300 literary agents, editors and publishers in the US, UK and Canada.
- Fiction Factor: Tips and advice on getting published, articles on the craft and business of writing, current paying market listings, free ebook downloads, author interviews, lots of writer's resources.
- Fiction Writer's Connection: A membership-based service featuring newsletters, a mentoring program and critiques. Also public writer's chat and message board.
- Fiction Writers Anonymous: Fiction Writers Anonymous provides news and information for writers at all stages of their careers. Newsletter or free email list.
- Fiction Writers Resource Page: This page contains valuable articles for beginning writers, along with good advice on publishing and links to literary agents. A no-nonsense, nuts-and-bolts guide, easily navigable.
- Fiction-Writing Articles: Directory to fiction writing articles.
- FictionAddiction.NET: Post your writing in the showcase, read book reviews, write your favorite author, take a writing workshop. Two free newsletters, one for writers and one for readers.
- Fictionette: Portal for short fiction people, featuring writers workshop, news and articles, discussion forums, events, competitions, interviews, and reviews.
- First Writer: Small press directory, writing tips, competition listings, literary agents, editorial services, writers' forum, writing links, geared to fiction and poetry writers.
- Flash Fiction Writing Workshop: Flash Fiction Online Workshop for serious writers of flash fiction (sudden, fast, micro, postcard fiction). Submit one manuscript each month and critique 4 to stay active.
- Imaginaries: Cooperative of WWW writers in science fiction, horror, and fantasy works. Online workshop.
- Indian Novel: Indian novel after Arundhathi Roy's "The God of Small Things." Synopsis and sample chapters.
- Infography about Writing Fiction: Sources recommended by a professor who specializes in the study of fiction writing.
- Inspiration for Writers Tip Series: Describes the life cycle of a character and how writers can make characters live and breathe.
- Interactive Fiction at Suite101.com: A new literary genre that originated in the 1970s and was made popular by computer games. By Mark Silcox.
- Part Time Writer: A site for writers, especially fiction writers and poets, who have to work at something else to make a living.
- Plotting and Editing: By Sherry-Anne Jacobs at Suite101.
- Practical Fiction: Bi-weekly column with links and a message board. Practical ideas for writing fiction.
- Prose-n-poetry: A community of poets and friends. You can post poems, stories, recipies, and books. Give and recieve helpful comments, and enter and create contests.
- Publish Your Short Fiction: Twice a month, I'll be adding a new article dealing with the subject of getting your short genre fiction published. From honing your craft to finding the right market to proper submission technique.
- Science Fiction Writers Resource Guide: A collection of mainly online references to material which provides useful information for writers - particularly but not exclusively science fiction writers.
- Sf-f.org: Finding articles of interest to writers or fans of science fiction, fantasy or horror. Weblog format.
- Short Stories: By Nicole Givens at Suite101. Writing short stories and getting published.
- Short Story Writers Group: The Short Story Group is a free, friendly critique `group` for dedicated writers, ranging from beginners to advanced professionals. Short Story Group is based in Uk though there are members from all over the world.
- SitCom: SitCom writers discussion list.
- Smudged Ink: Fiction writing community. An exercise and critique group, centered around writing prompts that are posted each week and month.
- So you Wanna Get a Short Story Published: Article on the process of getting short stories published, from picking a journal to writing a cover letter.
- SpecFicWorld.com: Free online `resource` guide for science fiction, fantasy, and horror writers.
- Strange Fiction: Non-profit email club where members can exchange written work and post reviews. Also offers research services, and collaborative writing projects.
- Suite 101: Writing Comic Books/Strips: About comic book and strip writing for fun and profit.
- The Alternative Reality Writers' Zone: An online community for writers and readers of speculative fiction. Mailing lists, forums and other resources for various genre of fiction writers.
- The Citadel: Forum for writers to role play.
- The Fiction Writer's Journey: Included here are sections for a beginning writer, working on a novel, and developing character and plot, writing exercises and an email list.
- The Fiction Writer's Page: Articles for beginning writers about irony, voice, scenes, character, and dialogue.
- The Writer's Web: Articles, discussion and a directory of links for fiction writers.
- The Writing Site: For fiction writers. Professional help for short stories and novels; how-tos on the basics; answers to submitting, agent, and publishing questions; discussion; good books, short story feature.
- Visual Thesaurus: Invaluable `resource` for the writer who knows there's a better word, but can't think of it.
- WebWeaving: How-to guide with tutorials and essays on writing, producing, and publishing online series or soap operas.
- Western Writers of America Official Website: The official website of the Western Writers of America, home of the Spur Award.
- Word Spinner's Ink: A worldwide `group` of professional, mostly-published, fiction writers with good connections to publishers and the writing world. Workshops and community.
- World Building at Suite101.com: No matter what genre you write for, you need to have a believable and interesting world for your characters to move through.
- Write Australian: Popular fiction writing from an Australian viewpoint. Learn techniques for fantasy, sci-fi, historicals, romance and children's books from an author who has written them all.
- Write21: A `resource` centre for writers in the 21st century. Various articles provide new writers with an insight into the world of fiction writing.
- Writer Support: Email list for fiction writers.
- Writers Write: Fiction Writing: Market listings, links and a discussion board.
- Writing and Marketing Quality Fiction: Articles for every fiction writer. Publishing, revising, cover letters, and literary journals. This is helpful to writers in all stages of development, and are written from past and current experience of the editor.