Search Home : Arts : Writers Resources : Markets
- Absolute Markets: Paying market guidelines for freelance writers, writing contests, and interviews with editors, publishers, and agents.
- Alphabetical Paying Markets List: List of paying markets and writer's guidelines from Writer's Write.
- American Journalism Review: A large job link database, plus links to newspapers, magazines, resources.
- Author's Tavern: A place where small press and self-published authors can promote their book. Authors can also find resources and articles.
- Avalanche of Jobs for Writers: Employment opportunities for writers and journalists in reporting, feature writing, reviewing, editing.
- Bonnie Mercure's Guide to Writers' Markets: Market listings for speculative fiction, science fiction, fantasy, horror, slipstream, mystery fiction. Divided into paying/non-paying markets and print magazines/ezines.
- Elance.com: Freelancers can list a portfolio and bid on assignments.
- Events Quarterly: An entertainment magazine with a political edge. There is no payment, but your name and e-mail will be included with your published piece.
- FTP Directory of the news.answers/writing Newsgroup: Contains a listing of market information under Resources.
- Fools Motley Magazine: Fools Motley is a free internet magazine devoted to comedy themed science fiction and fantasy.
- Forwriters.com: This is an all-purpose site with links to such writer's resources as markets, agents, groups, conferences, forums, and workshops where writers can have their works critiqued.
- Gothic Revue.com: Gothic culture magazine that reviews CDs, video games, night clubs, bands and celebrities, articles on fashion and beauty, humor, and short stories/poetry.
- ITI's Literary Market Place.com: Searchable database of the book publishing industry. Search by subject, type of publication, city, state, zip, and even by number of publications issued in the past year.
- Jacqui Bennett Writers Bureau: For Writers Writing: Market information for UK publishers.
- Jobs For Writers: Sales & Marketing, Non-ficton, Business Communications, and Technical Writing jobs.
- Links for Writers: Resources for writers, including links to sci-fi, fantasy, and speculative fiction markets.
- MaxLance - Buy and Manage Services: Job board for buyers and service providers. Providers bid for projects. Contains links for copywriters such as web content, press releases, translation, etc.
- Media Bistro: A website connecting journalists and new media professionals to jobs and each other.
- Midwest Book Review - Book Publicity & Marketing: Links related to publicity and marketing; advice on marketing to libraries; and a directory of independent publicists.
- NWU Poets & Fiction Writers Market News: Monthly "Market News" columns containing paying markets for prose and poetry.
- NobleFusion: Produced by a `group` of writers committed to improving their skills, selling their work and making it easier for new talent to find their place in the science fiction/ fantasy/ horror writing community. Market information comes from published writers.
- Paula Fleming's Market List: List of markets for speculative fiction.
- Paying Markets: Paying markets for writers of science fiction, fantasy, speculative fiction, and horror.
- Paying Markets List: Search paying Writers Market List on Writers Write.
- PubLounge.com: A free information source for all writers, publishers, editors, producers, literary agents and anyone, who likes to show the world his/her works.
- Ralan's Webstravaganza - Ralan.com: Includes: Speculative Fiction, Humor, Anthology, paying, non-, and pro markets; publishers, response times, dead markets. Even contests and writing tips.
- RoseDog.com: Where unpublished writers showcase their work, and agents and publishers come to find new talent.
- Sally Stuart: Market guide targeted to Christian writers, including periodical, book, greeting card, poetry, and specialty markets. Also links to conferences contests, and agents.
- Sarah's Place in CyberSpace: Personal page with lots of links to writing markets and contests.
- Science Fiction, Fantasy, and Horror Writers' Resources: Links to fiction markets, agents, professional organizations and other resources. Includes a directory of non-fiction market information in print.
- Sell Writing Online: A place where writers can benefit from writing and publishing opportunities. Writers markets, articles, contests, author interviews, book reviews, ebooks and newsletter.
- SharpWriter.Com: Many resources for writers, including links to publishers and job market listings for writers and editors.
- SpecFicMe! Market Newsletter: SpecFicMe! is a bi-monthly, PDF market newsletter for science fiction, fantasy and horror writers. Every issue features over 200 markets, from e-zines to print magazines.
- Speculations: Market Archive: Archive of paying markets and news of updates, change of address, etc.
- Speculative Fiction Markets: Paying markets for short science fiction, fantasy, horror, and speculative fiction. Categorized by pay rate.
- Speculative Fiction Markets.: Links to Web pages of paying markets for short science fiction, fantasy, and horror stories.
- Steeds Bookstore - Writer's Market Guides: Source for print (book, book + CD) writer's market guides, general and special interest. Also offers print guides to literary agents.
- Submitting to the Black Hole: Links to science fiction/fantasy/horror magazine and book publishers including market information. Site reports statistics on average response times for submitted manuscripts, the theory being that markets with very slow response times are akin to black holes. Only paying markets are tracked.
- Suite 101: Literary Contests and Markets: Showing writers where to submit the work. Whether it be a paying market, nonpaying market or a contest online or off. They will also learn the how to's of submitting their work from query letter to agents.
- The Critter's Workshop Market List: Market list from Critter's Workshop. Targets science fiction, fantasy, and horror.
- The Fiction Writer's Page: Market Research: Advice on researching markets, publishers and agents.
- The Market List: "A `resource` for writers of science fiction, fantasy, and horror."
- The Paper Journey Press: Links to writer's guidelines for various literary journals.
- The Rose & Thorn Writer's Market Info: Paying and non-paying market listings; links to other sites offering market listings; on- and offline contests and competitions; links to additional market sources.
- The Write Jobs: Job listings for journalists, editors and writers.
- The Write Market: Online writer's market list, containing listings for print magazines, book projects, contests, webzines, and publishers.
- The Write Start: A website for new and experienced writers. Listing market information and guidelines. The site also includes links to freelance jobs, and poetry markets.
- The Writer's Nook Markets Page: Markets for writers in categories such as professional journals, greeting cards, syndicates, commercial magazines, small presses.
- The Writer's Notebook - Markets: Paying and non-paying markets. Publications listed have online writer's guidelines.
- The Writers Place: Market database, Chicken Writer daily cartoon and a humour column. Home page of the Writing for Dollars newsletter.
- UK Fiction Markets for Short Story Writers: List of UK magazines that buy short fiction; links to resources.
- Unofficial Canadiana: Canadian-based publications online.
- Welcome to the Writer's Resource Center: Articles include advice on finding markets.
- Where to Get Your EBooks Reviewed: From the Association of Electronic Publishers.
- Wooden Horse Publishing: A news and market `resource` site for nonfiction periodicals writers.
- Writer's Digest: Writer's Digest features daily writing and publishing updates, writer's guidelines, ranking of places to get published, courses and contests.
- Writer's Markets & Guidelines from Worldwide Freelance Writer: Global directory of markets for freelance writers.
- Writerfind.com: Global freelance and telecommuting jobs for writers.
- Writers Crossing - Markets for Freelancers: Categorized freelance writer's markets and book publishers.
- Writers Resource Center: Freelance job forum and employment center.
- Writers@Work: Job board and market database.
- WritersMarket: Market Watch: Searchable database of publishers and agents. Offers features such as the Submission Tracker, the Tips Library, Your Writer's Market, Web Resources, the Market Watch section, the Spotlight Market and the Ask the Agent column.
- WritersWeekly.com: Free listing of paying markets for freelance writers. Also includes links to various resources for writers.
- Zongoo: Writers submit their articles, publishers get their free content.
- eWork Exchange: Register as a member,set up a skills profile with your resume and look at the jobs listed. There are many creative and publishing jobs in the database.
- iSyndicate: The Internet Content Marketplace. Writers can sign up and have their content featured in the catalogue. If a site selects your content you are paid through iSyndicate.