Search Home : Arts : Writers Resources : Non-Fiction
- A Writing Journey: Creative writing and journaling articles, resources and links.
- American Society of Business Press Editors: Founded in 1964, the American Society of Business Press Editors (ASBPE) is the professional association for full-time and freelance editors and writers employed in the business, trade, and specialty press.
- ArticleIdeas: Article ideas to keep you writing. Never run out of article ideas again.
- Basic Guide to Essay Writing: A step-by-step guide to writing a basic essay, along with links to other writing resources.
- Become a Food Writer: Guide containing the experiences of a newspaper food critic, as well as insights from other successful food writers and editors. Sample from an ebook.
- CantuHumor: This is a nuts and bolts how-to ezine on creating and delivering humor effectively and professionally.
- Construction Writers Association: A non-profit, non-partisan, international organization for professional journalists, writers, editors and publicists serving the information needs of the construction industry.
- Education Writers Association: The Education Writers Association, the national professional association of education reporters, was created in 1947 to improve education reporting to the public.
- Essay, I Say: Practical articles on essay-writing, for students who write essays to fulfill class assignments and for those who write essays for other reasons.
- Flash Memoirs: An online writing workshop for short, creative nonfiction (1000 words and under).
- FoodWriting: Whether you write about food exclusively or wish to explore it as a writing niche, join in discussions on food writing ideas, markets, books and support on making our way in the food writing world.
- Garden Writers Association of America: The Garden Writers Association of America (GWAA) is an organization of over 1500 professional communicators in the lawn and garden industry.
- Guidelines for Presentation of Papers: Guidelines on writing literary essays, comparative papers, correct citation and quoting poetry.
- Health Writers' Hangout: How-to writing tips, inspiration and resources for beginning and experienced health writers. Market newsletter, book catalog, articles, updates, and writers' links.
- How To Write A Book Review: Unlock writing markets, earn by writing, world-wide openings.
- Kurt H. Hackemer: Guide to writing research papers and book reviews.
- Memoirs: Reading and Writing: Article by Su Wright.
- Mrs. Beachy's Writing Essays Page: Examples on how to write different styles of essays. Styles include cause and effect, character sketch, comparison, definition, descriptive, and literary.
- National Resume Writers Association: Organization of professional résumé writers.
- Niles Online: Interpreting statistical information for professional writers.
- PROSwrite: Not for novices. This list is for professional writers, experienced (+5 years) contributors of Non-fiction to print newspapers and periodicals: for magazine staff, independent contributors, and those with editorial expertise.
- Pegasus Writers Stable: An online organization of professional freelance writers of non-fiction. The website also features reference and research links of interest to writers of any genre.
- Philadelphia Sports Writers Association: A voice for the media concerning working press conditions as well as providing fraternal activities for members.
- ProfNet: A collaborative of public relations professionals linked by Internet to give journalists and authors convenient access to expert sources.
- Professional Association of Résumé Writers: Dedicated to elevating the skills, credibility, visibility, and profitability of specialists in the fields of résumé writing, career coaching, and career counseling.
- Profitable Pen: Focuses on creating a writer's journal and mining ideas for articles, stories and books from it.
- Rhetoric Email List: Manipulating public opinion and propaganda of power.
- SportsEditor.com: Online sports editors, producers and writers. Online forum and job listings.
- The Guild of Health Writers: A `group` of journalists dedicated to providing accurate, broad-based information about health and related subjects to the public.
- Trade Writer's Resource Center: Trade magazines and job listings for trade writers.
- Write a Business Plan: Writing tips, examples and advice on preparing business plans for potential investors.
- Write an Essay: Offering tips and step-by-step instructions.
- Writing "How To" Reports And Make Money: Anyone can produce a How To Report and if it is something that you know people will want. This article is a guide to writing one.
- Writing It Real: Online magazine on writing from personal experience. Articles, resources for writers, and exercises.
- Writing for Niche Markets: This guide will detail the steps necessary to break into specialized markets. Email list and directory of resources.
- Writing for Radio: To provide creative suggestions and ideas to radio news reporters, writers and anchors.
- Writing for the Health of It: Writing has been long thought to have beneficial effects on health.
- Writing for the Web: How should journalists change their writing styles to ensure that webusers engage with their work?
- You Can Write: Explains what (and who) gets published and why. How editors and agents make decisions, and exactly what you have to do to get their attention.