Search Home : Arts : Writers Resources : Playwriting
- Alliance of Los Angeles Playwrights: Support and service organization dedicated to addressing the professional needs of the Los Angeles playwriting community.
- Australian Script Centre: Collects, catalogues, promotes and distributes unpublished Australian plays and now holds hundreds of scripts.
- Charles Deemer: Playwriting Basics: Tips for playwrights.
- Dinger's Playwriting Forum: A forum to discuss all aspects of playwriting.
- Dramatic Exchange: Web `resource` for playwrights, producers, and anybody interested in plays.
- Greensboro Playwrights' Forum: A gathering of North Carolina playwrights, meeting once a month to discuss each other's work-in-progress and aid each other in getting produced or published.
- International Centre for Women Playwrights: To support women playwrights around the world.
- Jassin Office - Publishing and Theatre Law: Advice for writers and theatre workers on copyright, trademark, libel and contract law. Includes free "Helpful Articles" section.
- La Ronde: Playwright's webring; presenting the work of an individual playwright or groups of playwrights.
- Lazy Bee Scripts: Online publisher of pantomimes and plays. Site includes guidelines for authors and playwrights.
- Linda Eisenstein: Practical Playwriting: Excerpts from advice book for playwrights, including "17 Surefire Ways to Get Your Scripts Rejected."
- Moondance International Film Festival: To promote and encourage women screenwriters, playwrights, short-story writers, and women who make independent films.
- NY Play Development Lab: Serves and supports member playwrights in the creation of new stage works. Offers script labs, readings, and promotion.
- NYCPlaywrights: NYCPlaywrights is a nonprofit organization for writers. Meets Wednesdays in NYC for play readings as an aid to development. New writers welcome.
- Northwest Playwrights Guild: Forum for the exchange of information and ideas about playwriting for playwrights living in the Northwest.
- Performing and Writing Musical Theatre: A `resource` for professional and aspiring performers/ composers/ writers. Tips and tricks on the craft of writing and composing.
- Performingwrites.com: Library of online play synopses and scripts.
- Pier Playwrights - From Page to Stage: For playwrights run by playwrights. Membership is open to writers in dramatic all forms, resident in the South East of England.
- Playmarket: Agency and script advisory service for New Zealand playwrights.
- Playwrighting Resources: Directory of links, from Artslynx International Theatre Resources.
- Playwrights Foundation: West Coast Center for new play development - resources for playwrights and annual Bay Area Playwrights Festival.
- Playwrights Guild of Canada: Service organization for Canadian playwrights (formerly the Playwrights Union of Canada). Site includes searchable online catalogue.
- Playwrights at Suite101.com: Playwriting is one of the toughest fields to break into. The information in this topic, however, will help playwrights get better results and productions.
- Playwrights' Center: Minneapolis-based, The Playwrights' Center fuels the theater by providing services to support playwrights and playwriting.
- Playwriting Opportunities for the E-Merging Writer: Free listing of playwriting opportunities: retreats, workshops, contests, ongoing submissions, links and resources.
- Playwriting at Suite101.com: To assist playwrights throughout the life cycle of creating a stage play, from initial ideas to formatting to getting plays read by producers and publishers.
- ProPlay: Online publisher of professionally-produced stage plays. Full or partial scripts may be read free-of-charge at the site.
- Project Writers Unite: Bay Area writers club. Welcomes writers from all creative writing mediums, including playwrights.
- Resources for Teaching Playwriting Compiled by Adam Russell: Annotated bibliography of recommended texts.
- ScriptSeeker.com: Makes synopses of plays (and screenplays) available online, for a fee. Site includes "Script Tips," with advice for dramatic writers.
- Sheriffs Performance Writers' Group: Based at the Riverhouse Barn in Elmbridge, Surrey, U.K, the Sheriffs Performance Writers' Group aims to develop and write professional theatre for the stage and screen.
- Swan Playwrights: The theatre writers' `group` at Worcester Swan Theatre, UK.
- The Dramatists Guild of America: Professional association of American playwrights. The Guild protects the rights of dramatists in relation to producers and more recently Directors.
- The Playwright's Noticeboard: Notices of playwriting opportunities, updated regularly.
- The Playwrights Forum: The Playwrights Forum is a non-profit organization dedicated to the artistic development of talented playwrights from the Washington D.C. area.
- The Playwrights' Center of San Francisco: A service for playwrights, showing the schedule of staged readings of new plays.
- The Playwrights' Co-Operative: Promoting and publishing the works of new and established playrights. Full online or paper catalogue of acting scripts.
- TheatreUSA.com Playwriting Links: Education, organizations, support, and assistance for playwrights.
- Toscan's Online Playwriting Seminar: Comprehensive overview of the craft of playwriting, from Virginia Commonwealth University
- Will Dunne Dramatic Writing Workshops: Offers support for playwrights and screenwriters, including private consultations for dramatic writers anywhere in the world and an ongoing quarterly workshop program for dramatic writers in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Wrightofplay: A rest-stop for aspiring playwrights. Tips, tricks, and techniques. Articles, activism, and a few links.
- Write Angle Productions: Devoted to supporting work of member playwrights and developing new scripts for production. Includes ongoing Ten Minute Play contest.