Search Home : Arts : Writers Resources : Poetry
- 'A Poetry Free-for-all': Wide range of open forums where experienced and aspiring poets may submit their poetry for critical commentary and discussion.
- Aha Poetry: Post your poems and get instant poetry gratification with Ann Cantelow's Interactive Poetry Invention. Find books and magazines on, about, or of poetry. Advertise your book or books.
- AlienFlower: Essays, music, storytelling, editing, exercises, poetry, visual art, discussion.
- Alma Latina Cafe: A poetry Cafe driven by bilingual/bicultural Hispanic/Latino writers in the USA. MSN Group. [English/Spanish]
- Ariadne's Poetry Web: The craft of poetry creation (particularly through leverage and adaptation of classical forms and techniques) and how to find poetry publisher. Free exercises and tutorials.
- BellaOnline: Poetry: Articles, links and discussion about writing and enjoying poetry.
- Canadian Poetry Association Resource Center: Supporting poetry, maintains the Literary Listserv, Participoet Listserv, contests, anthologies, Poetry CDs, and National Chapters.
- Comprehensive poetry collection by various authors: Poetry submission, contests, publishing, personalized poetry products, poetic techniques
- Drowning Man: Directory of literary publications, from small presses up to the most famous with an emphasis on poetry links. Most pages contain submission guidelines and some contain additional links.
- For Poets and Readers of Poetry: Articles on poetry for those who love to read or write poetry, but who feel intimidated by the technical aspects of the genre.
- Hangtide Poetry Resources: Directory of online resources for poetry writers and publishers.
- Instant Muse Poetry Generator: This free writing prompt utility generates a first line of poetry at random, from which you can build a complete poem.
- Lectures by Eli Siegel: Aesthetic Realism Lectures by Eli Siegel, American poet and critic. Includes 'Poetry and Women', 'Educational Method Is Poetic', 'Poetry and Keenness' and 'Poetry and History'.
- LiteraryEcape.Com: Writer's Resources: Features writers resources with many ways to post and online publish poetry and other forms of literature. Online poetry lessons.
- Louie Crew's Poetry Markets: Ongoing announcements of calls for manuscripts.
- Megs Corner: Have your poems posted online, and read other peoples poems.
- Moontown Cafe: Features contests, forums, ratings and resources.
- National Poetry Month: Glossary of poetry terms, biographies of notable poets, poetry for the seasons, poetry awards.
- North American Center For Interdisciplinary Poetics: A web-based forum for free exchange on matters pertaining to interdisciplinary creativity. Housed at York University, Toronto.
- Online Poetry Publishers: Lists email contacts for poetry publishers and indicates whether they are willing to receive manuscripts submitted electronically.
- Pathetic Poetry Society: Forums, contests and other resources for poets in this online community.
- Performance Poetry: A place to explore the work, ideas, and issues relevant to the art of performance poetry. Poetry and writing news and discussions.
- Personalized Poetry Calendars: Create a gift that gives all year long with your own original poetry calendar and your own special dates!
- Poem Works: Barbara Helfgott Hyett has conducted the Workshop for Publishing Poets at her home in Brookline, MA since 1982. The workshop is a gathering of poets who each bring work to the table for reading and critique.
- Poem in Making: Includes poetic tips for beginners and a collection of poems and links.
- Poetic Landscapes: A community for those who sincerely love poetry, with poetry forums, links, resources, tools, workshops, and challenges. Poems submissions.
- Poetic Minds: A place where poets and poetry readers can go to both read my poetry and get poetic resources such as rhyming dictionaries, thesauri, online dictionaries, publishing information, and contests.
- Poetic Muses: Online help for all writers, with emphasis on poets.
- Poetic Voices: Informational and educational site providing details of contests and awards, instructional articles, workshops, and publication opportunities.
- Poetry 201: Digging Deeper into the Poetic Toolbox: Focuses on the craft of poetry: line breaks, stanza breaks, voice, persona, diction, syntax, and revision. Taught by poet Scott Wiggerman, the course employs a combination of lessons, assignments, and workshopping.
- Poetry Doctor: Providing poetry lessons, advice, editing, performances, books and writing services. David B. Axelrod, director.
- Poetry Express: An interactive site featuring activities and advice for making, sharing, revising, and editing poems. Highlights include e-muse, a poetry generator, and 15 poems you can write now.
- Poetry Magazine.com: International digest of world poetry. Features contest listings and discussions for poetry writers.
- Poetry Magic: Guide to the writing, theory and appreciation of poetry.
- Poetry Power: Tips for poetry writing and publishing. Free software for poets.
- Poetry Super Highway: A major `resource` for online poets and writers featuring hundreds of categorized links to poetry/writing related websites as well as two new featured poets online each week. All past poets archived online. A poetry chat room. Contests. Poetry Classifieds, and a bookstore.
- Poetry Talk: A forum for exchange. Read poems, post some poems. Tips and information for when your well runs dry.
- Poetry Therapy: The act of writing and reading poetry creates a sacred space in which we can grieve, heal, rejoice, play, rest, plan, reconsider. Archive of articles.
- Poetry from the Heart: This site includes creative writing for all ages as well as a chatroom to share ideas, and tips with one another.
- Poets Online: A site of poetry inspiration with a biweekly writing prompt, model poem, and the opportunity to submit your response for possible posting in the extensive poetry archives.
- Poettext.com: Featuring writers workshop, news and articles, discussion forums, events, competitions, interviews, and reviews.
- Publishing Poets: A place where published poets can meet and discuss topics that affect their writing life: online vs. print publication, zine reviews, publication pointers, copyright, good/bad publication experiences, and paying markets.
- Publishing Your Poetry: Covers the basics of submitting your poetry for publication. Site also has writing tips, exercises, poetry and books by poet Linda Sienkiewicz.
- Rhymster.com: Poetry writing contest, international free online poetry community for creative and romantic personalities from all over the English speaking world. Forum for writers.
- Romanceopedia: Essay offers beginner tips for crafting romantic poetry.
- SoYouWanna Publish your Poetry: The process of publishing your poems, from finding the appropriate venue to signing the appropriate releases.
- Sundance Creativity Guide for Poets: Dedicated to new and aspiring poets. This site will help find publishers, contests and workshops on the web, and points to the best Usenet groups, books and magazines for poets.
- Taverner's Koans: A poetry `resource` for poets of all experience levels, including writing exercises, essay on poetics, profiles on underrated poets, a free critique workshop, and a poetry zine.
- The Poem of Quotes: A dedicated `resource` of poetry and quotations which also provides information about literature and help on writing.
- The Poet Sanctuary Poetry Forum: An online poetry forum where you can post poetry and receive reviews. Forum and workshop.
- The Poetry Kit: Poetry writers `resource` site. Various listings including publishers, competitions, courses, funding, events and magazine listings. Offers a critique mailing list.
- The Poetry Resource: A comprehensive `resource` for poets and lovers of poetry with poems by the webmaster, Patrick Martin.
- The Poetry Society: UK Poetry Society.
- The Poets' Place: An active community center for poets, poetry discussion and poetic forms. Created by Susan Katz.
- The Scroll: A community of authors of poetry and prose, dedicated the freedom of art in the pursuit of passion, brilliance, and insanity.
- Toolkit for Poets: Links to sites specially selected to be useful to the practicing poet who wishes to write well and be published.
- Unheard Words: An online writer's `group` for new writers of colour. A place to share work, thoughts and ideas, and to access writer's resources.
- WorkingPoet: An online newsletter which encourages poets to: do the writing, send it out and be an active part of the poetry community.
- World Congress of Poets Sydney 2001: The XXI World Congress of Poets will be held in Sydney in 2001. Featuring the many voices of Australian poetry with poets from around the world.
- Writers Write Poetry: Online poetry `resource` with chat, message boards, links to poetry resources, poetry literature and poetry books.
- Writing Poetry: Article about how to rhyme your thoughts and feelings as poems.
- Writing Poetry: A free, online poetry `resource` providing the famous poems by the World's most popular Poets.