Search Home : Arts : Writers Resources : Screenwriting
- A Place to Pitch Your Reality Show: An online service to tv companies and producers dealing in the acquisition of all forms of reality-based programming created by writers.
- All About Screenwriting: Information such as plot structure, agents and clubs. Also includes several screenplays.
- AllExperts Screenwriting: Question and answer service with volunteer experts answering questions about screenwriting and playwriting.
- American Screenwriters Association: Non-profit organization supports writers through educational seminars, screenplay competitions, script critique service and industry contacts.
- BBC Online - The Writers' Room: Learn how to write for and submit scripts to the BBC.
- BlackScreenplays.com: A `resource` site on writing screenplays about the African-American community.
- Break into Screenwriting: A script marketing game plan for screenwriters. Articles, tips and resources to help get read, recommended, and sold.
- Canadian Screenwriter Magazine: Industry magazine published quarterly, with selected articles available on the site.
- Chicago Screenwriters Network: Chicago-based organization for local screenwriters offering industry networking opportunities and member evaluation of individual screenplays.
- CineStory: National non-profit screenwriter's organization that helps emerging screenwriters hone their craft and find alternative access to the screen.
- Cohort Productions: Work with screenwriters to develop, edit,package, and represent scripts for producers, investors, and studios. No fee to read your script.
- Comedy Screenplays: Free forum for screenwriters who specialize in writing feature length comedies.
- Creative Screenwriting Magazine: Selected articles from the publication, available online.
- Done Deal: Resources for script sales in Hollywood, along with interviews, advice, and contact information for agencies and production companies.
- Double ZZ Enterprises - Screenplays: Independent screenwriters, specializing in action- and adventure screenplays.
- Drama Garage: Los Angeles based showcase of emerging writers, dedicated to finding and developing new works from script to stage and screen.
- E-script: Meeting place on the web for scriptwriters of all kinds.
- EntertaiNet: Online directory of the entertainment industry. Includes professional and consumer listings, as well as a free billboard.
- EuroScreenwriters: Contains European screenwriter and film databases. Screenwriters may post their resumes and outline their work.
- Eye Spy Screenwriting Agency: Non-profit organization aimed at helping young screenwriters. Information, current projects and membership requirements.
- Hollywood Creative Directory: Contact information for the film, television and new media industries.
- Hollywood Dreams: Story of hope and faith and trying to sell a screenplay by Canadian writer Beverley Wood.
- Hollywood Literary Sales: Everything to help screenwriters sell to Hollywood. Free script listing service, interviews and articles and classes from industry pros, books, software, critiquing service, and postings from producers.
- Hollywood Script Formula Chart: Script chart compiling screenwriting formulas, superimposed on the three act structure.
- Hollywood Scriptwriter: The entertainment industry's trade paper specifically written for screenwriters. Subscription information available.
- How to Get an Agent: Provides tips and guidance explaining how to get a talent agent to read a screenplay. Contact information provided.
- InZide: Submit scripts online for free. Read interviews with industry professionals. Message boards to communicate with other writers. Stories of development heaven and hell. Get your questions answered by the people who know Hollywood.
- Inktip: Every week, up to eight screenwriters sell or option their scripts on our site. Sell your script. Get your screenplay seen by producers, production companies and literary agents.
- Interview with Script Guru Robert Mckee: An exclusive interview with screenwriting guru Robert Mckee.
- James Russell Publishing: A publisher of books and screenplays, also includes some advice for screenwriters.
- Jeff Kitchen's Screenwriting Seminar: Hollywood screenwriting seminar with extensive individual hands-on development sessions and state-of-the-art tools for the dramatist.
- Las Vegas Screenwriters Conference: Past conference details and industry guests, press releases, schedule, and travel information.
- Let's do lunch: Services and networking for screenwriters.
- London Screenwriters Workshop: The UK's only charity devoted to the promotion of new screenwriters. A writers' organisation run by and for writers.
- MakeIt Write: An interactive website designed for new writers who desire to craft for film and television. Free forums, screenwriting news and helpful articles.
- Mark's Screenwriting Page: A site for aspiring and experienced screenwriters seeking information.
- MovieAnalyst.com: Internet audio talk show that discusses and analyzes movies in-depth. Targeted towards movie enthusiasts and screenwriters.
- MovieBytes.com: Features a database of screenwriting contests, script sales, literary agencies, film producers, and publishes an email newsletter.
- Our Pitch Sessions to Star Trek: Behind the walls at Deep Space Nine and Voyager Pitches. Real insight into how the pitch process works.
- Projector Films: Resources and links for UK script writers.
- Qwertyuiop.net: Links and news for screenwriters.
- Screen Writers News: Free marketing news for aspiring screenwriters. Includes information about actors who own production companies and executives who read the works of new writers.
- ScreenTalk Magazine: Bi-monthly magazine. Articles, interviews, collection of scripts, treatment samples, links, and newsletter.
- Screenplace: Site to assist beginning screenwriters develop their trade. Site is from Sweden and has resources specific, but not limited, to that area.
- Screenwriter's Corner: Companion to Syd Field's official site offers free email, forums, chat rooms, tips, tutorials and online screenwriting classes.
- Screenwriters Daily: A `resource` website for screenwriters. Read Movie Reviews, get addresses to production companies, chat, visit our forums for screenwriting tips and to discuss the art of screenwriting.
- Screenwriters For Hire: Screenwriters can post their websites and contact information and find links to postings for Writers Wanted.
- Screenwriters Forum: Over 300 articles covering every aspect of screenwriting, including character development, selling your screenplay, and protecting your idea.
- Screenwriters Guild of America: A professional portal for working and aspiring screenwriters globally.
- Screenwriters Utopia: Providing market information, interviews, articles and workshops.
- Screenwriters at Scriptmania: Links to entertainment news, film festivals, screenwriting competitions, and software.
- Screenwriting Basics: Basic screenwriting information from Charles Deemer, author of "Screenwright: the craft of screenwriting."
- Screenwriting Links and More: An extensive guide on writing screenplays for film and television. Find writing tools, scripts, organizations, software, books, magazines, message boards, links, and contests.
- Screenwriting Secrets: Offers free eBook with tips and strategies for aspiring screenwriters.
- Screenwriting-on-the-net.com: Screenwriting Coaching. Acclaimed Free 7 Pt Scriptwriting course. Free-movie-scripts. Screenplay software.
- Screenwriting.info: Step by step guide from the mechanics of writing to style.
- Script Magazine: Screenwriter's resources, chats, script writing articles, online classes, screenplay links, supplies, and screenplay competition.
- Script Tips: Weekly email newsletter sent by working writer with BBC Radio and theater credits. Gives tips for individuals working on stage, TV, or radio scripts.
- ScriptFLY: Tools for beginner and advanced screenwriters. Many resources including script coverage and analysis, a spec script market, articles, links, and screenplays.
- Scripts-and-Coverage.com: Read screenplays and their professional coverage. Post your own scripts for others to download.
- Scriptwriting Secrets: Hypertexted writing guide covering the elements of a script, advanced formatting and what to do with a finished script.
- Selling to Hollywood Screenwriters Conference: Premier screewriting conference providing opportunities for personal pitch contacts with industry professionals, information on agents and producers, educational seminars and friendly learning environment.
- Showbiz Ltd.: A site offering up to date information for writers to reach top entertainment industry executives quickly and cost effectively. Resumes and work for writers.
- So You Wanna Pitch a TV Show: Step-by-step information teaching how to pitch a TV show, write a treatment, and meet the right people. Includes bulletin board.
- So You Wanna be a Sitcom Writer: A step-by-step guide to becoming a sitcom writer, including facts about the industry, creating an original story, writing a spec, and getting an agent.
- Southern Screenwriters Society: A meeting place for writers who are located east of the Mississippi.
- Story Bay: Membership-based, distance learning and mentoring program for aspiring screenwriters. Background information, library of member-written scripts, and membership information.
- Story Notes Newsletter: A free newsletter devoted to the craft of screenwriting, by Jeff Newman. New articles monthly, plus access to back issues on site.
- Storymind.com: Free resources including creative writing software, writing tips, and classes in Real Player format.
- Suite 101.com: Beginning Screenwriting: Focuses on aspects of writing a full length screenplay. Includes archive of articles.
- SydField.com: Syd Field, offers free email, message forums and chat rooms through his website and its companion site, ScreenwritersCorner.com.
- The Mad Screenwriter: Interviews with professional screenwriters, screenwriting articles, script sales, screenplays, and script reviews.
- The New York Screenwriter Monthly: Featuring interviews with successful screenwriters, agents and producers and a full line of screenwriters' essentials from cardstock to brads.
- The Rocliffe New Writing Forum: Discussion forum uniting actors, writers, directors, producers, and industry individuals using new writing as the medium. Includes events, forum, and notice board.
- The Screenplayers: A growing alliance of accredited screenwriters who are using the Internet to market their original screenplays.
- The Script Vault: UK based script service.
- The Scriptwriters Network: A non-profit organization aimed at helping emerging writers in television and film. General information, events, outreach programs, workshops, membership application, and tape library.
- The Television Writers Vault: Project database used by production companies and executives scouting original show ideas, scripts, and properties for development and production in all genres of televised entertainment.
- The Thinking Writer: Non-commercial website includes how-to columns, recommended reading, a creative word list, and links to daily entertainment news, current script sales, online screenplay repositories, and other screenwriter's resources.
- The Writers Channel: Includes a mentor program, screenwritings groups, hollywood executive pitch, agents and movie producers, writing classes, `resource` center, audio interviews, articles on classic movies, member contributed journals and creative exercises.
- UGO Screenwriter's Voice: Offers script reviews, interviews, film to script comparisons, counterpoints, classifieds, writer profiles, film reviews, and advice.
- Virtual Script Workshop: Listing of online internet screenwriting courses from around the globe, plus courses run in UK.
- VoyForums Comedy Screenwriting Guru: Message board for questions about comedy screenwriting for feature length films.
- WordPlayer: Simply put, this site gives away secrets. From working screenwriters Terry Rossio and Ted Elliott. Secrets weighted specifically toward selling scripts to Hollywood.
- Writernet: Information, advice, guidance and training for and about scriptwriters in theatre, television, film, radio.
- Writers Store eZine: A free, bi-weekly newsletter with articles, advice columns, screenwriting news from recognized Industry authors and educators.
- Writers Write Screenwriting: Online `resource` for screenwriters with site reviews, links to resources, links to movie producers and a message board.
- alt.screenwriters: Collected alt.screenwriters columns. Specifically geared towards screenwriters and the emergence of New Media.