Search Home : Arts : Writers Resources : Self Publishing
- 21st Century Publishing Update: Practical publishing advice, and the latest news on advances in publishing technology, from Julie Duffy.
- 7 Unique Ways to Make a Profit from Your Ezine: Seven unique techniques to secure a profit from your ezine.
- A Guide to Self Publishing in the UK: A step by step guide to self publishing in the UK.
- A Zinesters Resource Guide: A site oriented around zines that has links to distros, zine homepages, libraries and infoshops, egroups, and webrings.
- Aaron Shepard's Publishing Page: Resources for self publishing and desktop book publishing. How to publish books with common software, online marketing, and print on demand.
- Advanced Newsletters: Tips on creating newsletters: design, medium and content.
- An Ezine Publishing Handbook: An ezine directory, free ezine builder tool, ezine tutorials including everything you need to know to start publishing an ezine or email newsletter. E-zinez also offers a News and Content provider service for ezine publishers.
- An Incomplete Guide To Print On Demand: A comparison of the services and packages provided by a number of Print on Demand publishers. It also features information on what to look for and what to avoid.
- Annie M's Self Publishing Web Ring: Resources for the self publisher from book design, editorial services and book printers to publicity, book reviewers and fulfillment services.
- CIPA - Colorado Independent Publishers Association: CIPA provides education, support, networking and nurturing to independent publishers and other related industry professionals.
- Chief BlackBear's Online Literature: Online literature of all kinds, with directory of links and free resources.
- Communication Creativity: Books, audio tapes and videos on publishing, writing, marketing and business practice for authors and self publishers.
- Doing Your Own Zine Guide: From Action Girl Newsletter by Sarah Dyer.
- EBookInterviews.com: Interviews with writers who have self-published in ebook form.
- EBookSubmit: Ideas for promoting your e-books and e-texts.
- EPIC: The Electronically Published Internet Connection (EPIC) is for published authors and industry professionals interested in ebook publishing.
- Ebook publishing for writers: e-books: self publishing for writers, software reviews and resources.
- Electric Pen: For writers of web-based fiction. Resources, ezines and story links.
- Electronically Published Internet Connection: Professional organization of published authors: membership and member information; events; and planned e-published books.
- Ezine University: Information, tools and products for ezine publishers. Featuring EzineUniversity Journal, EZU Tutor and free online training.
- Ezines at BellaOnline: Articles geared to ezine publishers.
- FANZINE-L: A discussion list for people interested im fanzines. Small presses, self publishing, writers and editors.
- Free story and book publishers: Web site for writers to publish stories and books free of charge. Members have their own page and accept full responsibility for the material they publish.
- Go Publish Yourself.com - Self-Publishing: Information for writers considering self-publishing. Writing and self-publishing articles and resources.
- Goddess Guild Publishing: Literary consultants for marketing and production of self-published books.
- Griffith Publishing: Information for self-publishing authors about writing, producing and marketing books.
- How To Achieve Success With Your Own Money - Making Newsletter: FFAMall web search article.
- How to Publicize Your Ezine: This comprehensive free guide provides ways for e-zine editors to publicize their work on the Web, including newsgroups and e-zine directories. Also some tips from Chris Pirillo, publisher of LockerGnome.
- IMN Inc.: Create and distribute interactive newsletters in the form of an email message and a Web page. Mainly business and professional newsletters.
- IbizNewsletters: Free newsletters with regular and original analysis of top email newsletters for webmasters, web designers and managers and other Internet professionals.
- IdeaMarketers: Writers may showcase their work, all for free. Build your own ezine on this site.
- Internet Authors Network: Provides free services, tools, and tips to help authors promote their books on the Internet. Includes a banner button exchange and webrings. No fees, no credits to earn.
- Late Bloomer Press: Home for self-published, vanity-press, writing including fiction, historical, non-fiction, poetry, and other prose. Open submissions welcome.
- MJ Rose: The Future of Publishing: Article about online publishers.
- Merry Bruns : Web Editors Toolkit: Resources for web writers and editors. Links to sources on writing, accessiblility, credibility, information architecture, accessibility, usability, style guides and reference sites.
- New Thinking: Gerry McGovern's weekly email newsletter focuses on the role of written content on the Internet. Archive of past issues on site.
- Newsletter Publishers Network: An open forum for newsletter publishers. If you publish a newsletter of any kind (profit or non-), feel free to post a tip, gripe, boast, or anything else you feel worthwhile to your peers.
- Newsletter-Publisher: This list is for writers and publishers of newsletters (hardcopy or softcopy). Tips for starting your newsletter, promoting your newsletter, desktop publishing programs, newsletter formats and mailing costs.
- Promotion for your speculative novel.: Page with tips on promoting your work online.
- Publishing Central: Articles and links related to the publishing industry and self publishing, including book, audio book, magazine, newsletter and electronic publishing.
- PublishingCentral.com: News and updates from the publishing industry.
- Secrets of Self-Publishing Success: If you're tired of publisher's rejection letters, you can learn how to publish it yourself. Join our on-line discussion board for information and assistance from some of the most experienced self-publishers on earth.
- Self Published Authors: Newsletter for self published authors, tips and articles on marketing, printing, publishing and distributing.
- Self Publishing 4 Profit: How to self publish using proven methods of development, production and marketing. Free newsletter.
- Self Publishing Information: Self-Publishing articles and resources to motivate and inspire.
- Self-publish your book at a fraction of the cost of traditional methods.: Guide to independent book publishing (also called self-publishing or alternative publishing) using new technologies to lower costs and reach readers more directly.
- Spinster's Guide to Writing for the Web: Guide to putting your writing up on a website. Mostly information about the Net and HTML.
- Subscription Website Publishers Association: Resources, tips, advice, and tools for publishers, editors, writers, and others involved in the world of content management and online newsletter publishing.
- Suite 101: E-Books: Archive of articles about e-books and e-book publishers.
- Suite 101: Ebooks For Profit: Archive of articles about creating, marketing and selling electronic books.
- The 21st Century Publishing Update: A `resource` for self-publishing authors, with an emphasis on the changing world of publishing and bookselling. Hosted by Julie Duffy, writer, journalist and former Director of Author Services at Xlibris.
- The Art of Electronic Publishing: Sandy Ressler's thorough introduction to electronic publishing, fully navigable online. A valuable `resource` for a review of all the fundamentals of the field.
- The Book of Zines: The Book of Zines site includes an Ezine and Zine Resource Guide with links to more than 100 handpicked zine and e-zine sites. Also articles about publishing your own zine/ ezine.
- The Digital Author: A masters thesis providing information and resources related to digital and electronic rights for authors, agents and publishers. Includes printed materials and interviews with links to intellectual property and copyright information, publishing and research resources.
- The Newsletter Resource: Newsletter author, George R Franklyn, uses his 30+ years of insider knowledge to identify the most useful newsletter resources on the web today.
- The Self Publishing Network: A guide to self-publishing, the process, CRC, common mistakes, benefits, and pricing information. Offers quotes, registration of bibliography and ISBN numbers, access to The British Library, copy editors, graphic houses, illustrators, online book store and shopping, typesetters, printers, web designers and distributors.
- The Small Press Comics FAQ Page: how to create and self-publish your own comics.
- The ZineZone: Time to make a zine/e-zine. If you would like to promote that zine/e-zine of yours you came to the right place. You will get a newsletter about the new and upcoming zines/e-zine.
- The alt.zines DMZ: The unofficial web counterpart to the newsgroup alt.zines. Includes how tos, the FAQ, a publisher's index, and tips and tricks.
- Through the Moon Editorial and Publishing Services: A single source for self-publishing assistance, offering professional editorial services and help with the easily overlooked details of self-publishing.
- TipsforTop: Help and advice to would-be e-book authors.
- UserFriendlyBooks: Resources for print and electronic self publishers. Offers help, tips, articles, free ebook, ezine and links.
- WOLves: The news from members of the WOLves program, which teaches basic promotion to writers.
- Wise Owl Books: Personal consulting service to self publishers from idea development to media coaching. Resources include articles, books, newsletter, links, speakers, tuition and workshops.
- WordThunder: Resource site and community for writers publishing and promoting online, including articles, software and template downloads and links.
- Writers Write: Self-Publishing: Articles, interviews, features and links to self-publishing resources.
- WritersWorld: An effective way to publish your written work on the Internet. Writers chatroom and newsletter for self publishers.
- Writing on your Web Site: Archive of articles about self publishing for web writers. By Jennifer Smith.
- Zine Club: Tools, tips and techniques for personal publishing. Easy and free ways to research, produce, publish, store, promote, and manage your creative projects online. Mostly applies to the Web but some material relevant to print.
- ZinePublishers: Talk about zines by zinesters and zinophiles. This is a club for zinesters to talk about the problems and joys of doing a zine, to trade zines, and discuss anything zine-related.
- Zinesters: E-mail list about and for people who make zines.
- eBook Crossroads: Offers tips, tools and techniques for writing and publishing eBooks and Audio Books.
- eBook Designer: Complete graphic design service for ebook authors and self-publishing writers. Resources include articles on ebook design, free advice and links.
- eBook Graphics: ePublishNow ebook software, free articles, free ebooks, HTML tutorials, graphics links, ebook publisher and marketing links for writers who publish online.
- eBook Search Engine News: Our purpose is to provide you with tips, tools and strategies for maximizing your eBook profits.
- eBooks n' Bytes: An ebook directory specializing in resources for ebook publishers, authors and readers. Offers regular email newsletter. The eBooks n' Bytes Informer is geared toward ebook publishing and includes ebook-related tips, news and reviews.