Search Home : Arts : Writers Resources : Young Writers
- Advice to Young Writers: An article by Marion Zimmer Bradley.
- Childrens Express: A national news agency, where young people aged 8-18 produce articles on issues that are important to them but of interest to everyone.
- Creative Writing: Children aged 5-11 will find this page very useful in jumpstarting their creativity. A number of ideas which can be used as a stimulus for creative writing lessons.
- Creative Writing for Teens: Find tips, a selection of young authors' works, plus creative writing and homework help.
- Dawn of Day: Young readers and writers club. Company promotes child authors.
- Fallout League of Adolescent Writers: Writing from all genres by people between the age of 13 and 21. Info about writing techniques and what makes good writing.
- Kids Online Magazine: A how to for kids who write. Book reports, articles, spell checking and general tips. You can also submit your writing to the magazine.
- Kids on the Net: A place where kids can post book reviews and opinion pieces, participate in interactive stories, and write cyberpoetry.
- Kidscribe: Publishes the poems, stories, and jokes of children and teens. In English and Spanish.
- Listen and Write: Provides poetry writing activities and interactive writing tools. Write your own poems and submit them for posting in the site Showcase. There are structured writing activities, audio poems that progress in difficulty and useful writing tips. From BBC Education.
- Megan's Place: For artists and young writers.
- Millennium Philcon Teen Conference: Archive from the conference, which had a science fiction and fantasy focus for young writers.
- Monte Sol Workshop: Two-week summer writing workshop for high-school students, hosted by St. John's College in Santa Fe, New Mexico.
- Potluck Children's Literary Magazine: Publishes poetry, stories, book reviews and artwork from writers/ artists 8 - 16. Creative articles to help young writers expand their writing abilities.
- Practical Advice On Writing And Publishing For Young Writers: From Elizabeth Winthrop, author of more than forty books for children, including The Castle in the Attic and its sequel The Battle for the Castle.
- Scriptorium Scribbles: Practical advice on writing, publishing and finding new markets. Young writer's `resource` webzine.
- Suite101: Young Writers: A site for college and high school students interested in creative writing and writing for publication.
- Teen Writer Coffee Shop: For any teen who likes to write. Post your work, get help when you've got writers' block, or just hangout, relax and read others' work.
- Teen Writer's Dream: Teens may submit to TWD's print magazine or "poetically correct" anthologies. Site includes message boards and chat rooms.
- Teen Writers: A how to for teen writers. Feature articles and message board at Suite101.
- Teen Writers: This is for any writing teens to share their writing with other people and talk about what they like.
- Teen Writers Network: Place to see or show-off other teen writers work. A Yahoo Club.
- TeenLit.com: TeenLit.com is dedicated to publishing teen writing, as well as book reviews by teenagers. Teachers and parents of adolescents will find useful information. Teen and teacher discussions, author home pages, and more
- The Iowa Young Writers' Studio: A summer camp specifically for high school students who want to improve their writing. Intensive classes offered in poetry, fiction, and essay writing.
- The Poised Pen: Resources and reference for young writers and information on writing workshops.
- The Teenage Writers Club: A community for teens who write and want to share tips and critiques. (Yahoo group)
- The Windows Project: Poetry workshops in schools and the community, advice on such workshops and assistance with writing.
- The Write Stuff: Creative writing club for aspiring authors and poets ages 13-23.
- The Young Writers Club: "Aims to encourage children of all ages to enjoy writing as a creative pastime by getting them to share their work and help each other improve their writing abilities."
- Write Away!: Creative writing and children's literature site for teachers and students aged 7 - 14. Includes writing competitions and exercises, author features, reviews and teachers' notes.
- Young Authors Workshop: Children in grades 4 to 7 are taken through the writing process in a step-by-step fashion, beginning with how to find ideas for stories and continuing through finding online markets for publishing those stories.
- Young People's Press Online: Hooking up young writers, keeping it real, getting folks published electrizonically and in print.
- Young Writer Online: An international magazine for young people's writing fiction and non-fiction, prose and poetry. Writing features, tips and competitions.
- Young Writers' Clubhouse: Encouragement for young writers by Deborah Morris, author of the Real Kids, Real Adventures series.
- Young Writers: Speculative Fiction Forum: Open forum for young writers of science fiction, fantasy and horror. Site provides the opportunity for writers to critique each other's work, and announces new markets and contests.