Search Home : Business : Biotechnology and Pharmaceuticals : Pharmaceuticals : Research and Development
- APEX International Clinical Research Co., Ltd. (CRO): An Asia-Pacific based, ICH-GCP compliant CRO offering a complete range of Clinical Research and New Drug Development Services.
- Abbott Laboratories Online: Discovers, develops, manufactures and sells pharmaceutical and nutritional products such as drug delivery systems, antibiotics and prepared infant formulas. Includes investor an investor relations area, and a career center. (NYSE: ABT).
- Access Pharmaceuticals: A broadly based emerging pharmaceutical company, with a balanced technology pipeline of novel low development risk product candidates and longer-term major product opportunities.
- Aeterna Zentaris: Discovery, manufacture and marketing of products used in oncology and endocrine therapy, with development strategies and investor information. Quebec, Quebec, Canada. [French and English]
- Affymax Research Institute: Drug discovery and development company with peptide drugs to treat cancer and immune-mediated diseases.
- Albany Molecular Research: Fine chemicals catalog, technical reports and related resources for the life sciences and chemicals development markets. Contacts for research centers in New York, Washington and Mount Prospect, Illinois.
- Alchem Laboratories Company: Custom research organization specializing in synthesis of organic compounds, process and drug development and GMP manufacturing of pharmaceuticals and fine organic chemicals.
- AlteonPharma: Development of pharmaceutical products for the complications of diabetes and age-related diseases.
- Applied Genetics Inc., Dermatics: A private biopharmaceutical company focusing on DNA repair technology, dermatology, liposome diagnosis, skin cancer research and early cancer diagnosis and the lifestyle enhancement market.
- Arachnova, Ltd.: Virtual pharmaceutical discovery and development company. Specialists in outsourced project and technology management.
- Argenta Discovery: Argenta scientists work under contract to convert hits and leads from high-throughput screening into validated patentable lead series.
- Arrow Therapeutics: UK company dedicated to the discovery of novel drug candidates in the anti-infective area.
- Astex Technology: A structure-based drug discovery company pioneering the use of High Throughput X-ray crystallography (HTX) for the rapid identification of novel drug candidates through structural screening-based in Cambridge, UK.
- Bio-Logic Solutions: Biomedical research and development company exploiting the interrelationship between neuroendocrine and immune systems to identify biological response modifiers enhancing immune function for the treatment of cancer.
- BioCryst Pharmaceuticals, Inc.: Develops small-molecule drugs for treatment of immunological, viral, and cardiovascular diseases and disorders, using structure-based drug design. Includes programs, trials and investors' profile, with headquarters in Birmingham, Alabama. (Nasdaq: BCRX)
- BioStratum, Inc.: Outlines the company's lead drug candidates, technology and research. Also includes news of the company's latest developments in the field of basal lamina technology and target diseases.
- Biota Holdings, Ltd.: Biota is an Australian listed company, based in Melbourne and engaged in the management of research and development of human pharmaceuticals for the treatment of viral respiratory diseases.
- Biotron, Ltd.: Australian biomedical research company, which funds, manages, and commercialises diagnostic and therapeutic research projects including cancer diagnostic tests and antiviral agents.
- CNS Healthcare - Clinical Neuroscience Solutions: Advanced evaluations, treatments, monitoring, education, for those with psychiatric and neurological diseases.
- CSL Ltd.: Develops, manufactures and markets vaccines and medications of biological origin. Includes career and investor information, and details of subsidiaries. Parkville, Victoria, Australia.
- Calcigen Corporation: A privately-held company producing high-purity actives and intermediaries for the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries. Calcigen Corporation is also engaged in research and development of novel therapeutics and drug delivery mechanisms.
- Center for Drug Chemistry: Russian research Center aimed at creation of original medicinal preparations for prevention and treatment of cardiovascular, nervous and mental diseases and viral, bacterial and fungus infections.
- Centocor Inc.: Pharmaceutical company makes Remicade, new treatment for Crohn's Disease.
- Centre for Photobiology and Photodynamic Therapy: The Leeds centre brings together more than 40 experts in biochemistry, chemistry, physics, biomedical science and clinical medicine to develop the new technology known as 'Photodynamics'.
- Cerep: Provides services in pharmacology, in molecular biology and lead development, in toxicology, metabolism and bio-availability, in combinatorial chemistry, HTS, HTP, HTLD and computational chemistry.
- ChiRhoClin, Inc: Studies, publications, and news about the diagnostic drugs, synthetic human and porcine secretin.
- Chiroscience: Chiroscience Group plc is an emerging pharmaceutical company which uses its diverse technology platform to discover and develop novel medicines for improved healthcare.
- Coley Pharmaceutical Group (CPG): Developing innovative therapeutic and prophylactic products that harness the power of the immune system to treat cancer, allergy, asthma and infectious diseases, and help accelerate recovery of the immune system after cancer chemotherapies.
- Collagenex Pharmaceuticals: Discovering, developing and commercializing new therapeutic agents.
- Cranial Pain Research: A southwestern United States investigative site for pharmaceutical research studies, and a leader in dental pain studies for the past 11 years.
- Cytochroma, Inc.: Development stage pharmaceutical company focused on the identification of cytochrome P450 enzymes for development of drug candidates and diagnostics. Located in Kingston, Ontario, Canada.
- Cytopia Pty, Ltd.: Privately-held Australian drug discovery company with a focus on inflammatory diseases such as: Asthma, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Allergic Rhinitis (Hay fever), Food allergy, Inflammatory Bowel Disease, inter alia. Cytopia's first molecular targets are members of the JAK family of protein tyrosine kinases.
- Destiny Pharma, Ltd.: Pharmaceutical company specialised in photodynamic therapy (PDT). Destiny has a custom research service specialised in formulations, in phospholipids, liposomes and other solubilisation and suspension systems.
- Diagnos-Techs, Inc. - Clinical and Research Laboratory: Originators of clinical saliva testing for female and male hormones.
- Dr. J.R.K's Siddha Research & Pharmaceuticals Pvt. Ltd.: Indian Pharmaceutical company manufacturing, marketing effective & safe herbal products for PSORIASIS, VITILIGO and any other skin aliments.
- EUCRO European Contract Research GmbH & Co.KG: EUCRO - aims to supply companies with new product opportunities through own product development or co-development, globalisation of licences and trading of health care products.
- Elbion AG.: Discovers and develops new small molecule drugs for treatment of inflammatory and central nervous system diseases. Includes company news, projects and profile of key management in Radebeul, Germany.
- Eli Lilly Pharmaceutical: Eli Lilly Ireland, specialising in women's health, depression and schizophrenia.
- Equi-Tox, Inc.: Veterinary pharmaceutical research and development firm dedicated to solutions for fescue toxicosis and other animal problems, especially for equine.
- Eurogentec: Supplies components for genomic studies, and provides research, development and production services for clinical manufacturing. Includes details of products and technical resources. Headquarters in Liege, Belgium.
- First-Pass: Web-based tool that outlines a preclinical development plan that is comprehensive in its content and its consideration of issues that impact planning budgets and timelines.
- Flurizan (MPC-7869): Chemotherapy for prevention and treatment of prostate, colon, and other cancers. It has completed Phase IIa human clinical trialsite-from Myriad Genetics, Inc.
- Friedrich Schiller Univ., Dept. of Pharmaceutical Technology: Characterizing and developing conventional and novel drug delivery systems. Describes staff, research projects, courses offered, and publications. Located in Jena, Germany.
- Genentech, Inc.: Genentech's mission is to develop drugs to address significant unmet medical needs. Genentech manufactures and markets seven products that help save or improve lives every day.
- Gilead Sciences, Inc.: A biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops, manufactures and commercializes therapies for viral diseases, infectious diseases and cancer. It has research, development and manufacturing facilities in the U.S., and marketing organizations in Europe and Australia.
- GloboMax LLC: Pharmaceutical CRO and PDO based in Hanover, MD with worldwide affiliate companies.
- Guilford Pharmaceuticals Inc.: Develops and commercializes novel drugs for the treatment of neurological diseases and cancer. Information for patients and investors, with profile of company in Baltimore, Maryland. (Nasdaq: GLFD).
- Hauser Laboratories: A high quality research, development and testing laboratories offering a broad range of services to all phases of the pharmaceutical industry from early drug development through commercial manufacturing.
- Health Arising: RxIBR is bringing innovations, Targeted Biologic Therapy from the Institute of Biologic Research into commercial fruition.
- ICAgen, Inc.: Discovers and develops pharmaceutical products to treat medical conditions such as atrial fibrillation, urinary incontinence, central nervous system disorders, and sickle cell disease.
- IVS Technologies, L.L.C. Homepage: RUO kits for molecular diagnosis of leukemias, lymphomas and other neoplasms. TSO service for identification of leukemias and lymphomas. Proprietary technologies for in vivo cDNA synthesis and molecular diagnostics.
- Ichor Medical Systems, Inc.: Developing platform electroporation technology for targeted in vivo delivery of membrane limited therapeutic agents including pharmaceutical compounds and DNA-based therapies.
- Institute for Diabetes Discovery: Research company and institute dedicated to the discovery of novel drugs and therapeutics for diabetes, its complications, obesity, and related disorders.
- Integrated Biologics Research Laboratories: The use of zwitterionic technology to treat disease. Research and development of new therapeutic modalities for cancer, immunology and infectious disease.
- InterMune Pharmaceuticals: Develops and commercializes innovative products for the treatment of serious pulmonary and infectious diseases and congenital disorders.
- Isis Pharmaceuticals, Inc.: Biomedical pharmaceutical company working on new treatments for Crohn's Disease.
- Karo Bio AB: A drug discovery company focusing its research on the discovery and pre-clinical phases of drug development.
- Key Oncologics (Pty) Ltd, South Africa: Biopharmaceutical company with a focus on marketing anticancer pharmaceuticals, and conducting oncology clinical trials.
- MDL Information Systems, Inc.: MDL is a leading provider of integrated logistics and decision support systems that enable a high-throughput environment for research and development in the life sciences and chemical industries.
- MDS Panlabs: Provides pharmacology, lead discovery, HTS, metabolism, drug discovery, drug development, safety pharmacology, biotechnology, and biosafety contract research services.
- Maas BiolAB LLC: Developing treatments for CNS disease.
- Maelor Pharmaceuticals, Ltd.: Development and licencing out of novel presentations of off-patent generic pharmaceuticals and medical devices. Specialising in the fields of urology, intravenous fluids, woundcare and anaesthesia in plastic and flexible delivery systems.
- Mercodia: Specialising in the research, development, and manufacture of quality in vitro diagnostics products.
- Metabolic Solutions, Inc.: Services in support of Erythromycin Breath Test and mass spectrometry service for measuring stable isotopes.
- Mpex Pharmaceuticals, Inc.: Specializes in combining inhibitors of bacterial resistance with proven antibiotics to treat serious infections. Based in San Diego, California.
- Myriad Pharmaceuticals: Biopharmaceutical company focused on the development of therapeutic and diagnostic products using genomic and proteomic technologies. Services include drug discovery, gene discovery and genetic testing.
- NanoPharm AG: Develops novel carrier systems for the treatment of brain tumors and nervous system disorders using biodegradable nanoparticles. Nanosphere drug targeting systems allow any drug to cross the blood-brain barrier.
- NeuroTargets Ltd.: Discovery and marketing of medications for inflammation and neuropathic pain. Features company profile and details of technology platform. Guildford, Surrey, United Kingdom.
- Neurochem Inc.: Researches and develops compounds that inhibit the formation, deposition and toxic effects of amyloid fibrils within the body.
- Neurotech Co., Ltd.: Neurotech Pharmaceuticals, founded in Apr.1998, aims to develop and invent Novel lead compounds that will threaten diseases associated with brain disorders and mal-functional retardances.
- NovoBiotic Pharmaceuticals LLC.: Antibiotic discovery, using proprietary technology as a platform, for growing previously unculturable microorganisms in the laboratory. Includes publications, related news, and careers in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- Novogen Ltd.: Discovers, develops, manufactures and markets isoflavonoids for menopausal non-prescription drugs, and multiple signal transduction regulator drugs for cancer. Includes technological overview, and history of company, with offices in Europe and North America, and headquarters in North Ryde, New South Wales. (Nasdaq: NVGN)
- Oncopharm Corporation: Involved in research, development and production of new antileukemic drugs.
- Oscient Pharmaceuticals: Develops and markets new compounds including antibiotics. Features investor information and product details. Waltham, Massachusetts, USA.
- Oxford GlycoSciences - Corporate: An established proteomics-based drug discovery company founded by Oxford University to identify and analyse glycoproteins. OGS is today recognised as a world leader in proteomic technology and pharmaceutical glycobiology R&D.
- PPL Therapeutics plc: Application of transgenic technology to the production of human proteins and peptides. Includes news archive, technology, products and recruitment information.
- Palumed S.A.: Pharmaceutical company developing novel antimalarial drugs candidates against resistant strains of Plasmodium falciparum.
- PanTherix Ltd: Using leading technologies in structural enzymology to discover and develop drugs for fighting infectious diseases.
- Paragon BioServices, Inc.: A contract research organization providing products and research services in molecular biology, cell culture, biochemistry, and molecular histology to accelerate each client's drug discovery and preclinical development efforts.
- Perry Scientific, Inc.: A full service contract research organization, a member of AALAS following AAALAC and NIH guidelines. We can supply all the services you need for drug development; from in vitro screening through preclinical animal studies to low cost preliminary clinical trials coordinated and performed offshore.
- Pharmaceutics International, Inc.: Core business is formulation development together with clinical trial material manufacturing and commercial manufacture of low volume products.
- Pharmacopeia Online: Provider of products and services that accelerate drug discovery and chemical development.
- Pharmacyclics, Inc.: Develops and markets chelated products for possible use in combination with existing therapies for cancer and atherosclerosis. Includes product pipeline, technology and investor details. Sunnyvale, California. (Nasdaq: PCYC)
- Pharmadigm, Inc.: Pharmadigm is developing a new class of anti-inflammatory agent useful in the management of acute inflammatory responses associated with burns, asthma, major trauma, heart attack, & stroke.
- Pherin Pharmaceutical: Pherin Pharmaceuticals is focused on the discovery and development of vomeropherins, a new family of pharmaceutical compounds for the treatment of central nervous system and neuroendocrine system disorders.
- Porphyrin Systems: Research and development and production of new porphyrinic photosensitizers for photodynamic cancer therapy and other applications in collaboration with partners from institutes and universities throughout Europe.
- Prescription Dispensing Laboratories: Compounding and research pharmacy with a focus in drug delivery systems, primarily in the topical therapeutic application of drugs. PDL has developed several new compounds for the management of pain and nausea, especially for the terminally ill hospice patient.
- ProCertus BioPharm, Inc.: Developing products that: 1) Protect humans against the debilitating side effects of cancer chemotherapy and radiotherapy, and 2) Protect animals and humans against lethal gastrointestinal pathogens and carcinogens.
- Procyon BioPharma Inc.: A Montreal-based cancer therapeutics company focused on advancing several platform technologies that have potential to treat, diagnose and prevent cancer.
- Proneuron Biotechnologies, Inc: Developing therapies for neurological disorders such as spinal cord injuries, neurodegenerative diseases and glaucoma. Features explanation of technology and details of clinical studies. Los Angeles, California, USA.
- Reddy US Therapeutics, Inc.: Biopharmaceutical company located in Atlanta, Georgia. It is a subsidiary of Dr. Reddy's Group, Hyderabad, India. Our research focus is on discovering novel therapeutics that address unmet medical needs in diabetes, inflammation, lipid metabolism, oncology and cardiovascular disease.
- RenaSci Consultancy: Pharmaceutical research and development company focused on developing drugs to treat diabetes, obesity and CNS disorders.
- Rentschler Biotechnology: Your partner for contract development and production of biopharmaceuticals. The company is primarily engaged in development, clinical testing, production and analysis of proteins for human therapeutic or diagnostic use according to international standards.
- Research & Innovation: Research-based biopharmaceutical company seeking to discover and develop new healthcare solutions to treat and diagnose crucial unmet medical conditions in the neurological and oncological sectors. Padua, Italy.
- Rottapharm: Development and distribution of products for the treatment of major diseases, with company profile and research details. Milan, Italy.
- SERAF Therapeutics, Inc.: Early stage pharmaceutical company specializing in targeted delivery of therapeutic componds to specific immune cells as cost-effective therapy for inflammatory & autoimmune diseases.
- SLIL Biomedical Corp: A biopharmaceutical company discovering and developing new drugs to fight cancer.
- Samaritan Pharmaceuticals, Inc.: Biopharmaceutical company focused on saving lives utilizing Samaritan Laboratories, Georgetown University's School of Medicine, to identify and design drugs for Alzheimer's, AIDS, cancer and cholesterol and process resulting "drug candidates" through the FDA to obtain approval.
- Serono Pharmaceutical Research Institute (SPRI): A unique biotech leader, Swiss developer of pharmaceutical products.
- Shimoda Biotech: A South African biopharmaceutical discovery company that innovates therapeutic compounds in proprietary drug delivery systems, with cancer research as a primary focus.
- Shire Pharmaceuticals Group plc: Focusing on anti-infectives and treatments in the fields of oncology and neurology. Includes product pipeline and investor data, with international contact details and headquarters in Chineham, England. (Nasdaq: SHPGY)
- Speedel Pharma: Speedel's business objective is to acquire/in-license and develop innovative molecules through fast-track drug development and innovative technical problem solving in the drug development process.
- Strathclyde Institute for Drug Research: Early stage drug discovery opportunities, research expertise and facilities, and intellectual property available for licensing from the Strathclyde Institute for Drug Research, University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, Scotland.
- SynX Pharma Inc.: SYNX Pharma Inc. aims to be a leader in the discovery and development of diagnostics and business opportunities for applications in preventative medicine and disease management.
- The Degge Group, Ltd.: Our mission is to optimize the therapy and prevention of disease in populations in the US and abroad through regulatory support, innovative epidemiological research, education, and product development.
- The K-Genix Group: Manufacturer of chiral compound, active pharmaceutical ingredients, industrial enzymes, and pharmaceutical formulations.
- Tuberculosis Research Centre: Established in 1956 under the auspices of the Indian Council of Medical Research, the World Health Organisation and the British Medical Research Council, for obtaining unimpeachable information on the feasibility,efficacy and safety of domiciliary treatment for pulmonary tuberculosis.
- UCB Pharma: Development of drugs for treatment of neurovascular, respiratory and allergic disorders, with career and subsidiary information, plus international contact details.
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals International: Development and marketing of medications used in the fields of neurology, dermatology and infectious diseases. Includes corporate and production details. Costa Mesa, California, USA.
- Verne Mendel Medical Corporation: Developing cause-oriented treatment for Parkinson's, Alzheimer's, and Lou Gehrig's diseases based on preventing mitochondrial DNA damage, the earliest recognized event in these neurodegenerative disorders, with proprietary polyamine drug, Tetramine.
- Vion Pharmaceuticals Inc.: Researches and develops therapeutic products for the treatment of Cancer and Cancer related disorders. (Nasdaq: VION).
- Virginia Mason Research Center & Diabetes Research: The new Benaroya Research Institute at Virginia Mason is a state-of-the-art facility built specifically for collaborative biomedical research.
- ViroLogic, Inc.: Develops and markets innovative products to guide and improve treatment of viral diseases. (Nasdaq: VLGC).
- Wolfe Laboratories Inc.: A research and development company offering analytical, preformulation, formulation and stability testing services to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries.
- Wyeth: Research-based, global pharmaceutical company responsible for the discovery and development of medicines.
- Zonagen, Inc.: Develops an oral treatment for male impotency and researches and develops products related to contraception, urological diseases and prostrate cancer. (Nasdaq: ZONA).
- http://www.sirna.com/: Develops ribozyme-based pharmaceuticals applicable to a wide range of human diseases. [Nasdaq: RNAI]