Search Home : Business : Biotechnology and Pharmaceuticals
- BioSpace: Up-to-date industry news, stock quotes, company information, job postings and industry resources for all publicly traded biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies.
- SciWeb Life Science Home Page: Resources for life science, biology, biotechnology, pharmaceutical, and medical diagnostic information.
- AMP-Lab: Provides marine natural products for drug discovery, a screening system for angiogenetic effectors, artificial media for cells and physiological characterization of recombinant enzymes and transgenic animals.
- Aastrom Biosciences, Inc.: Develops proprietary process technologies and devices for cell therapy applications, including stem cell therapies and gene therapy. (Nasdaq: ASTM).
- Agentase, LLC: Develops and implements biocatalysts used in such applications as pesticide remediation, water treatments, wound healing ointments, biosensors, and detoxification of nerve agents. Includes company overview and product list.
- Alfamedic Ltd: Importers and distributors of animal health products, health foods, disinfectants and household insecticides. Includes company profile and product database. Hong Kong.
- Amersham Bioprocess: Products and services include assays, DNA purification, proteomics, chromatography, imaging, protein analysis and enzymes. Includes news releases, searchable library and links.
- Amgen: Delivers important, cost effective therapeutics based on cellular and molecular biology.
- Antigenics, Inc.: Specializes in cancer vaccines and treatments, infectious diseases, and autoimmune and degenerative disorders. Includes information about ongoing and completed clinical trials.
- Aquasearch, Inc.: A marine biotechnology company for the discovery and commercialization of new medicines, food supplements, and natural animal feed additives. Products include high quality astaxanthin produced using patented photobioreactor technology.
- Arcadia Biosciences: Develops genetically modified food crops for increased efficiency and reduced environmental impact. Site includes list of key projects.
- Artesian Therapeutics, Inc.: A privately held drug discovery company developing new treatments for cardiovascular disease. Includes brief company description and careers pages.
- Atlanta Bioscience: News, events, and information about metro Atlanta biotechnology, pharmaceutical, medical device, and related bioscience industries.
- Atugen AG: Provide services to determine gene function and to validate drug targets and leads. Offers a selection of gene silencing tools. Main focus is siRNA therapeutics research. Includes discovery platform, investor relations, and careers.
- Australian Tropical Plants: Information about Australian tropical rainforest plants, available on CD rom.
- Battelle Medical Products.: Develops polymers, sterile disposable products, pulmonary delivery systems, 3-D CAD imaging programs, and reagent strip analyzers. Includes company and product information, conferences and publications.
- Benitec: Offers gene silencing platform technology. Including description of RNA interference, resources page and details of commercial licensing opportunities.
- Bio Matera, Inc.: Uses bacteria and agricultural products to produce biopolymers. Applications are for medical devices, anti-aging creams and food packaging. Explains the manufacturing process and advantageous properties of this type of polymer. Formally known as Novartem, Inc.
- BioCatalytics, Inc.: Established to help companies identify opportunities for the application of enzymes, and then rapidly develop and implement enzyme-based processes.
- BioCentury: A newsletter for biotech managers covering corporate strategy and management questions.
- BioOnline: A comprehensive site for information and services related to biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries.
- BioPartners: Specializes in accelerating the development and commercialization of high quality recombinant biopharmaceutical products through partnering and outsourcing.
- BioProgress: Develops non-gelatin films for use with pharmaceuticals, vitamins and supplements. Includes details of products and services, investor information and company news.
- BioProtein Technologies: Produces recombinant proteins in the milk of transgenic rabbits including monoclonal antibodies, hormones and vaccinating antigens.
- BioSeek Inc.: Develops high throughput biological systems for the validation and development of novel human therapeutics.
- BioTactics Reference Web: Tips, techniques, and links for marketing and business development professionals in Biotech and related markets, plus career management and networking tools.
- BioTech Navigator Investment Newsletter: Monthly newsletter providing analysis, interpretation, news, and commentary relating to biotechnology industry developments for investing in biotechnology and/or medical stocks.
- BioUpdate.com: Specializing in genomics and biotechnology research with particular experience in microarrays and instrumentation for high throughput molecular biology.
- Biocon, Ltd.: Produces industrial enzymes used to enhance food products, animal feed, detergents, leather, paper, starches, and textiles. Also, used for facilitating of creation of some health treatments. Includes product descriptions. Located in India.
- Biogemma: Specializing in the development of new tools contributing to the improvement of the agronomic performance and end use quality of field crops.
- Biohidrica, Biotecnologías del Agua Ltda.: Based in Chile. Provides bio-assays for evaluation of water quality and services for treatment and control of water pollution.
- Biological Browser: Subscription-based company research and business information tool for professionals in the biological product industry.
- Biologics Process Development, Inc.: Provides laboratory services in cell culture and protein purification and process development and scale-up.
- Bioportfolio: Information, networking, and promotion for the biosciences, life sciences, and biotechnology industries - based in Cambridge, UK.
- Biopract GmbH: Microbial preparations, soil remediation and water depollution.
- Biotech Industry News - Topix.net: News on the biotech industry continually updated from thousands of sources around the net.
- Biotium,Inc.: Develops and manufactures fluorescent reagents and other specialty biochemicals. Site includes detailed product descriptions, online ordering and distributor information.
- Cansera International Inc.: Manufactures sterile animal sera, fetal bovine serum, and cell culture products. Site includes details of products, services and laboratory facilities.
- Ceapro, Inc.: The company utilizes core technologies for the separation and formulation of natural extracts to benefit human and animal health.
- Celera Genomics Group: Mapped the human genome and develop new drugs based on their research. Features a range of corporate data, investor information, news, and career opportunities.
- Charles River Endotoxin Testing Services: Manufactures Limulus Amebocyte Lysate (LAL), an in-vitro test used in the pharmaceutical, parenteral, medical devices, and veterinary medicine industries for the detection of bacterial endotoxins.
- Chiron Corporation: Participates in therapeutics, blood testing and vaccines. Conducts research and development in the fields of recombinant technology, gene therapy, vaccines, small molecule discovery, and genomics.
- Chronix Biomedical: Identifies sentinel nucleic acid expression profiles for use in developing assays associated with the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of a variety of chronic diseases and catastrophic illnesses. Includes company history, staff and a list of current research projects.
- ClifMar Associates Ltd.: Commercializes life science and chemical research conducted at The University of Surrey. Site includes details of products and current research.
- Conference: Bioforum: Held in Milan, Italy, on 28-29 September 2005. Covers research, development, production, promotion and marketing, with details of participants and associated exhibition. [English and Italian]
- Cuban Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology: Offers assistance to commercialize Cuban biotechnology. Site includes research profile, news and links to other Cuban biotechnology sites.
- CuraGen Corporation: Simplifying in order to accelerate genomics based product discovery and development. Has created technologies to better understand the role of genes in improving human health, animal health and agricultural vitality.
- Cytos Biotechnology AG: Creates new technologies and products for broad markets by innovations in the biomedical sciences.
- DarPharma, Inc.: Researching drugs for the treatment of neurotransmitter related diseases such as Parkinson's, schizophrenia, ADHD.
- Delta Biotechnology: Supplies Recombumin (Recombinant Human Albumin), albumin fusion proteins, high-yield yeast expression systems and protein purification.
- Drug Discovery Online: Informative synopsis of news, product updates, discussion forums, and online chat regarding manufacturing, technology, equipment, and supplies for professionals in the Drug Discovery and Development Industry.
- DrugDev123.com: Clinical pharma research and development. Includes access to clinical trial listings, jobs and investigator training.
- Dyadic International, Inc: Develops biological products such as proteins, enzymes, polypeptides and small molecules for applications in large segments of the agricultural, industrial, chemical and biopharmaceutical industries.
- Enzymatic Deinking Technologies, LLC (EDT): Focused on commercializing enzyme-based and other new technologies for the pulp and paper industry.
- Enzymotec: AMIET technological platform offers an alternative to more costly and environmentally unfriendly chemical and organic synthesis. Also, enables the use of enzymes in hydrophobic environments and protects the enzymes so as to maintain their innate 3-D structure.
- Genencor: Offers products for the health care, agriculture and industrial chemicals markets. Includes outline of expertise, and facilities for production, administration, research and development in four continents.
- Genomics Collaborative, Inc.: Apply the science of human genetics to drug and diagnostic discovery decisions. Maintains a database of DNA, sera, and tissue samples, linked to clinical information from patients worldwide.
- Genomics One Corporation: Focuses on the development of technology platforms for genomic manipulations and gene discovery. Based in Canada.
- Genotypic Technology Pvt.Ltd.: Solutions for drug discovery and research and development for pharma, genomics & biotechnology companies. Site includes details of services and current research projects.
- Genzyme Australia: Uses a wide range of technologies to provide many human health care products and services.
- Genzyme Transgenics Corporation: Produces recombinant proteins and monoclonal antibodies for pharmaceutical use in the milk of transgenic animals.
- Hematech: Developing platform technology for the production of human polyclonal antibodies. Site features details of technology, publications and news sections.
- Innovative Research, Inc.: Provides researchers worldwide with high quality human and animal plasma for research use.
- Integrin Advanced Biosystems: Marine biotechnology company focused on three areas: research, technology transfer and scientific services.
- International Biotechnology Trust (IBT): The UK's first approved investment trust dedicated to the biotechnology sector. It offers investors the means to invest in a carefully selected and diversified portfolio of biotechnology companies. As part of its investment policy, IBT provides strategic and scientific support to the companies in which it invests.
- Knowledge Express Data Systems: Online information service for professionals in the bio-pharma and high-tech arenas.
- LifeSensors Inc. - Cell Based Biosensors: Utilizes innovations in human gene transcription technology to develop advanced ultrasensitive, high-throughput, cell-based biosensors.
- Longenity Inc.: Researching factors affecting longevity and therapies that prevent the detrimental effects associated with aging.
- Lorantis, Ltd.: Researching the mechanisms of immunosuppression and tolerance, to develop new medicines for immunological and inflammatory diseases.
- LumiCyte, Inc.: Provides biochips and information products.
- MWG Biotech: Products and services include molecular biology instruments, DNA sequencing, oligos, microarrays, and bioinformatics.
- MaxCyte: Develops targeted drugs and non-viral gene delivery systems. Also, specialized in enhanced oxygen to cells treatments.
- MediChem Life Sciences, Inc.: Offers contract services in the fields of genomics, combinatorial chemistry and biopharmaceuticals. Lists company information and publications.
- Meristem Therapeutics: Specializing in research and production of plant-derived recombinant therapeutic proteins.
- Monsanto Company: A large supplier of agricultural chemicals and biotechnology.
- Morphotek, Inc.: Uses morphogenics to expedite the evolutions of organisms, such as plants and yeast, to obtain commercially useful output traits.
- Nexgen Biotech: Develops and commercializes new recombinant proteins from transgenic plants.
- Nexia Biotechnologies: Uses transgenetic goats milk to produce therapeutic proteins and biomaterials to treat serious diseases. Located in Canada.
- Nordic Bioscience Diagnostics: Develops immunodiagnostic products to identify diseases affecting bone and cartilage.
- Novartis: Created by the merger of Ciba and Sandoz. Has core businesses in healthcare, agribusiness and consumer health.
- Novozymes Biotech, Inc.: Emphasizes research in identifying and engineering new industrial enzymes as well as improving the manufacturing process for new and existing enzymes.
- Novozymes.com: Creates bio-industrial products by using enzymes for such things as waste water cleanup, house cleaners and lawn maintenance. Provides contact information.
- Orchid BioSciences: Develops products and services designed to measure and use in pharmacogenetics and drug discovery.
- PCS Process Control Systems AG: Solution provider for the automation of biotechnological and pharmaceutical processes. Based in Switzerland.
- PTC Therapeutics: Focused on the discovery and commercialization of orally active small molecule therapeutics for human diseases.
- Pepscan Systems: Focused on the use of the knowledge of molecular recognition.
- Phage Biotech, Ltd.: Presents a valid biological solution to the chemical antibiotics crisis.
- Pharmaceutical Marketing Global Summit: Site provides details of conference proceedings related to biotechnology and pharmaceutical industry.
- Phycotransgenics LLC: Specializes in the development of transgenic microalgae to be used for animal health, animal feed, bioremediation, environmental monitoring and biopesticides. Includes information about the company and contact information.
- PinkCell Laboratories: An antibody developing company in the Netherlands, offering OEM products and antibody-developing services. Site includes details of products, services and positions vacant.
- Plant Research International: Offer research services in plant genetics and reproduction, crop physiology, agrosystems, soil fertility, and the optimization of plant health.
- PolyGenyx Inc.: Includes corporate profile, information about the technology used and how this can be applied. Features a slide presentation and links to press releases.
- Precision Therapeutics, Inc.: Focusing on the interaction of cultivated tumor cells with chemotherapy and immunology-based drugs.
- PrimeGen Biotech Corporation: Specializes in stem cell research The purpose is to rejuvenate tissues in the body by replacing them with undifferentiated germ cells. Lists news releases relating to the company and contact information.
- Prionics AG: Focused on developing diagnostic tests for prion diseases, and other neurological disorders.
- Procorde GmbH: Biotechnology research in heart disease.
- Prometic - Life Science, Inc.: Targets bioseparation and medical applications with its platform technologies, exploiting its proprietary synthetic ligands designed to effect very specific interactions with proteins.
- Protéus: Discovers biomolecules for large global markets.
- Research Point Corporation: Online `resource` and information tools for the scientific and pharmaceutical communities.
- Research Triangle Institute: RTI conducts health, medical, and pharmaceutical research, and offers innovative services encompassing drug discovery, development, and commercialization for worldwide clients in government, industry, academia, and public service.
- RiboTargets Ltd: Research and development of therapeutics to treat patients with bacterial infections and patients with cancer.
- RusGen: Offers services in the fields of molecular biology, endocrinology, physiology, immunology, cell biology, radiobiology and analysis tests of organic materials.
- SIGNALS Magazine: Online magazine for biotechnology, biomedical, and pharmaceutical industry analysis.
- Scigenic: Specializes in the incubation of lab-scale technologies with real market potential to deliver true commercial success.
- Sigris Research, Inc.: Utilizes biomagnetic mixing and bioseparation technology to isolate and extract genomic DNA, mRNA, and cell proteins.
- Synergene Biotech GmbH: Offers DNA sequencing services for the life science community. Site includes details of services offered, current projects and company news.
- The 3BS Project: Provides advice on creating and financing a biotechnology business and how to protect intellectual property.
- Topix.net: Biotech: News about the biotechnology industry, collected from various sources on the web.
- UC Discovery Grant: A cooperative research program for biotechnology. Provides details for sponsors and researchers at the University of California in Berkeley.
- Vitrogen: Vitrogen is a sterile solution of purified, pepsin-solubilized bovine dermal collagen. Site includes online ordering form.
- biogeek.com: Biology clip art and presentation templates.
This category in other languages: