Search Home : Business : Healthcare : Economics
- Canadian Co-ordinating Office For Health Technology Assessment: Independent, not-for-profit organization providing unbiased, reliable information about health technologies.
- Centre For Medical Technology Assessment at Lindkoping University: The organisations objective is to carry out assessment studies of medical technologies from the medical, social, economic and ethical points of view.
- Commission for Health Improvement: Independent non-departmental public body aiming to improve the quality of patient care in the NHS. Provides details of the Commission, the results of investigations, studies, reviews and reports.
- Diabetes Health Economics Group: Seeks to enhance communication about economic issues in diabetes care, and establish collaborative efforts in the reporting and dissemination of related economics research.
- European Clearing House on Health Systems Reforms: Europe-wide network of researchers and policy analysts, providing a forum for exchanging information on health systems reform. A database of literature on European health systems reform, together with details of ongoing research projects.
- Financial analysis of the entire UK Healthcare industry: Commercial site advertising a publication which describes UK companies involved in the Healthcare industry.
- HEED Home Page: HEED is the Health Economic Evaluations Database designed by health economists for use by health economists
- HTA programme home page: Excellent resources for health economics in the publications section, especially recommended is the article about uncertainty in economic evaluation. State of the Art!
- Health Affairs: Health policy journal publishing original, peer-reviewed research and commentary.
- Health Economics (Journal): Publishers page which offers access to abstracts of the journal 'Health Economics'. Online full text for subscribers only.
- Health Economics - Places to go: Comprehensive listings of sources of health economics information.
- Health Reform Online Home: The World Bank's comprehensive online `resource` center on health sector reform efforts around the world.
- Health Technology Board for Scotland: Provides advice to the NHS Scotland on the clinical and cost-effectiveness of new and existing health technologies; such as medicines, devices, clinical procedures and healthcare settings
- HealthEconomics.Com: A world-wide list of resources on health economics, pharmacoeconomics, outcomes research, managed care, value in medicine, health-related quality of life, performance assessment, and quality of care.
- Heccon Services Kenya: Health Economics Consultancy based in Kenya and offering services to Developing Countries, especially African.
- IFS: Health Issues: The Institute for Fiscal Studies (IFS) is an independent research organisation aiming to provide high quality economic analysis of public policy with a section on UK Healthcare Provision and wide ranging economic analysis, including econometrics and international issues.
- International Health Economics Association: iHEA has been formed to increase communication among health economists, foster a higher standard of debate in the application of economics to health and health care systems.
- Journal of Health Economics: Full text now available of this very influential health economics journal.
- Millbank Quarterly: A uniquely in-depth assessment of the social, legal, and ethical dimensions of health care policy.
- NHS CRD Database of Reviews of Effectiveness: Databases of Reviews of Clinical and Cost-Effectiveness. Authoritative reviews of Journal Articles in Health Care and Health Economics
- NHS Centre For Reviews and Dissemination: Information on how to undertake systematic reviews, together with databases of review appraisals.
- National Institute of Clinical Evidence: The National Institute for Clinical Excellence is developing a series of national clinical guidelines to secure consistent, high quality, evidence based care for patients using the National Health Service in England and Wales.
- Nordic Cochrane Centre: The Nordic Cochrane Centre is part of The Cochrane Collaboration, an international network of individuals and institutions committed to preparing, maintaining, and disseminating systematic reviews of the effects of health care.
- Office of Health Economics: The Office of Health Economics aims to commission and undertake research on the economics of health, collect and analyse health and health care data from the United Kingdom and other countries and disseminate the results.
- Resources For Health Economists: Links to Journals, some with full text, which are relevant to Health Economics.
- StatNotes: Online Textbook in Statistics: Good information for Health Economists on different methods of qualitative regression techniques, including multinomial dependent variable methods.
- Strained Mercy: Textbook on health economics, written within the Canadian context.
- The British Medical Journal Health Economics Collection : Health Economics: A collection of articles, references and methodological papers in the general area of health economics.
- The Rand Organisation: Seminal information about health care in the USA and its financing. The Rand organisation is concerned with a wide range of Health Economics Research.
- USA Office of Technology Assessment: Lists of U.S.A. OTA publications, arranged alphabetically, chronologically, and topically. All the official OTA assessments from 1974-1995 are archived at this site, along with many background papers and other documents.