Search Home : Computers : Data Communications : Wireless
- Ad-hockey: Wireless mobile network simulator.
- Apple Airport Base Station Page: How to repair common problems, configure a station, retrofit extender antennas, and add ventilation to prolong station life.
- BRYTE.net: Offers short articles on GSM, WAP, and IP telephony .
- Biological Wireless Projects: Information on prototype testing and evaluation of wireless instrumentation for ecological research at remote field locations. Features a brief tutorial on spread spectrum radio and its application .
- CDMA Tech Page: Information about CDMA and IS-95A. Also offers documents on topics ranging from ip addresses to cryptography.
- Community Wireless: Information designing and implementing community wireless networks. Lists current Wireless LAN projects.
- DECT Web: News information and comment on the Digital Enhanced Cordless Technologies standard.
- Elektrosmog: A discussion `group` for public, wireless access to the Internet over non-telecom networks, such as the Wireless LAN standard IEEE 802.11b.
- Folkstone Community Wireless: Issues, technologies, research, and examples are illustrated with annotated links.
- FreeNetworks: Voluntary cooperative dedicated to collaboration and advocacy of free networks, particularly wireless.
- Harris Corporation: Provides information on the development of a high-security wireless local area network interface card. Includes a product overview and data sheets.
- Hassan Zeino Wireless Links: Wireless Networking Links: Wireless LANs, Broadband Wireless Access, Cellular, Protocols.
- High Performance Wireless Research and Education Network (HPWREN): Information on this non-commercial, prototype, high-performance, wide-area, wireless network in San Diego.
- HowStuffWorks: How Wireless Networking Works: Illustrated unbiased tutorial describes the advantages and disadvantages of using a wireless network.
- IBM alphaWorks Wireless Zone: IBM's `resource` for Wireless emerging technologies - VoiceXML, Bluetooth, WAP, and WML.
- IEEE 802.16 Working Group on Broadband Wireless Access: Global, open standard for Wireless Metropolitan Area Networks.
- ITWorld Wireless: Wireless news, newsletters, white papers, and webcasts selected by expert guides for enterprise IT professionals.
- ITtoolbox Wireless: Offers forums for technical discussion, an integrated directory, white papers and daily news geared towards wireless professionals and users of Wireless products.
- Intertangent: Directory of news, information and resources for the developer, professional, and consumer of wireless technology products and services.
- LMSC, LAN/MAN Standards Committee: Information about the IEEE 802 standards and the committee who creates them.
- LaserBandwidth.co.nz: Laser building to building networking products and services. Information about the technology, products, services, and contact details. New Zealand.
- Linux and Wireless LANs: Information on wireless networking with linux. Includes detailed howtos, hardware support lists and links to the various pieces of software needed.
- Locust World: Wireless research site, providing free technology accelerators for wifi community networking and mobile data projects. From handheld mesh videophones to backpack mounted webservers.
- Mobile Mesh Networking: News and information on mobile mesh technology.
- Mobile Mesh Networking: News and information on mobile mesh technology.
- NeuralFibre Wireless Antics: Howtos and articles about wireless networks, includes photos.
- Nomaditel: This `resource` supports an "open spectrum" approach for creating wireless commons, where high-speed wireless access can become a reality.
- PaloWireless.com: A collection of wireless resources.
- Pixo, Inc.: Providers of application platform for wireless phones.
- PointServers.org: News, Opinion, and Vision for ubiquitous computing & pervasive wireless, focused on "Point Servers." Covers Bluetooth, Linux, UPnP, Java, Jini, and WinCE.
- Possio DevZone: Developer Zone for the Possio Wireless Routers. Learn how to develop wireless Java applications for the OSGi platform on Possio Wireless Routers.
- QuickSilver Technology: Offers digital integrated circuit technology and embedded mobile devices. Features technology overview, press releases and news coverage, and investor details.
- Scientific American: Last Mile by Laser: Article about using laser beams for last mile communications.
- Scientific American: Wireless Data Blaster: Article about the history of radio and wireless communications, including 802.11.
- Software Radio: Communications theory, digital signal processing, computer architecture and silicon engineering to create novel signal-processing solutions for wireless applications.
- The Wireless FAQ: Programmers for wireless devices discuss, share information and help one another.
- WLAN Forum: Discussion forum for wireless networks and related technologies.
- Wi-Fi Planet: Provides wireless news, tutorials, reviews and insights.
- Wi-Fi Technology Forum: Offers wireless information, news, reviews and discussion.
- WiFi FYI: WiFi news site, also contains books and forums.
- WiFi-Forum: Discussion forum dedicated to WiFi and Bluetooth communication enthusiasts and information.
- WiredCEO: The executive's gateway to the wireless web. Customizable news, stocks, and information for surfing wirelessly.
- Wireless Anarchy: Directory of wireless community and information links.
- Wireless Assist: Directory, free referral service, and resources for the wifi industry. Includes 802.11, Hotspot, WISP, wireless LAN, and related product & service information.
- Wireless Calculators: Offers calculators for wireless situations including Fresnel zones, free space loss and power budget.
- Wireless Data: A source for wireless data networking products and Services.
- Wireless Developer Network: An information `resource` for developers and managers interested in mobile computing and wireless data applications.
- Wireless LAN Weblog: Wireless LAN news and information.
- Wireless Links: A collection of wireless links.
- Wireless Network Tutorial for homes: Learn how to quickly create a home wireless network.
- Wireless Networking and Mobile IP References: Wireless Networking and Mobile IP References
- Wireless Networks Online: Information on standards, regulations and technical innovations shaping the industry.
- Wireless Ready Alliance: Uniting leading computer hardware and software vendors and wireless companies.
- Wireless Talk: Wireless blog with news and links.
- Wireless Wabbits: Provide wireless high-speed Internet network solutions to hotels, MDU's, hot-spots and conference centers
- Wireless networking with a PowerBook 1400: Step-by-step tutorial on putting an old Apple PowerBook online with 802.11b/Wi-Fi/AirPort wireless networking.
- Wireless.com: Information on wireless data for industry professionals and consumers includes articles and associations.
- WirelessNewsFactor: News and information about wireless computing.
- Workshop on Positioning, Navigation and Communication: Information about the workshop, committee and newsletters.
- developWorks: Wireless: Provides educational articles, news, and access to the most useful tools involved in wireless technology.
- microChasm: Blog about mobile computing and wireless technology.
This category in other languages: