Search Home : Computers : Hardware : Historical
- Alan J. Flavell: A physics professor tells about some of the early computers he worked with.
- BESM-6 Nostalgia Page: Information about the late Soviet mainframe computer BESM-6, the last original was dismantled in 1995.
- Blinkenlights Archaeological Institute: The Institute was established in 1997 to excavate, preserve, research, and present interesting and historically significant computing devices.
- Charles Babbage Institute: CBI is a research center dedicated to promoting the study of the history of computing and its impact on society, and preserving relevant documentation.
- Classic 8-Bit Computers: Documentation and technical information for 8-bit home computer systems.
- Computer History Association of California: Chac is a nonprofit corporation, who safeguards and organizes the history of electronic computing, not only in California, but nationally and internationally. They collect and archive hardware, software and documents.
- Cosmac Elf: History of 1802-based computing and home of the TinyELF emulator for Palm OS handhelds. Documents, scans, message board.
- Development Of Digital Computers: Trace out the brief of what led to the invention and developments of Digital computers.
- Enigma Replica: Shows all processes involved Building a replica of the German M4 Naval Enigma.
- Historical Computer Society: International user `group` for old computer enthusiasts "old computers" and/or "old enthusiasts. Dedicated to preserving older and classic computer hardware, software, and literature.
- Ian's 'Naff Computer Pics Page': A page with some pictures of Honeywell-Bull mainframes and mini's (DPS-6 and DPS-7)
- John Elliott: Dedicated to computers and/or operating systems which some might describe as obsolete.
- Largest Classic Computer Documentation Archive: Thousands of scanned classic computer documents.
- MIXTEL: Site is dedicated to the first home computer that could be bought in the UK.
- Mechanical Aids to Calculation: History on the first automatic totalizer by Sir George Julius, mechanical aids to calculation - extracts of a paper presented to the Institution of Engineers Australia in 1920.
- PC - History: This is a site devoted to the history of the PC, covers all types of personal computers from 1970 to present.
- Retro Computer Gallery: Collection of pictures of old computers, consoles, handhelds and magazines.
- Russian Virtual Computer Museum: The gathering of information concerning the primary stage of origination and development of IT and computing, primarily in Russia and ex-USSR.
- Sos-hardware.windowstothemax.com: Specifications and known problems of old hardware.
- The Burroughs B-205 Computer: A mixture of science fiction and fact concerning the B205.
- The Computer Closet: Rescues classic microcomputers and video games from the junk heap.
- The Oldskool PC Shrines: Honoring personal computing in the 1980s.
- The SWTPC Computer Documentation Repository: Documentation for the SWTPC computer line.
- Unisys History Newsletter: Information and links to computer history.
- Video Genie System: A personal tribute to an early model PC.
This category in other languages: