Search Home : Computers : Internet : Searching : Search Engines : Google
- Google: Enables users to search the Web, Usenet, and images. Features include PageRank, caching and translation of results, and an option to find similar pages. The company's focus is developing search technology.
- Aaron's Photos: Trip to Google: Collection of thumbnailed photographs from an enthusiast's trip to the GooglePlex.
- Elgoog.nl: Categorised collection of links.
- Empirical Analysis of Google SafeSearch: Results of research conducted by Benjamin Edelman of the Berkman Center for Internet and Society, Harvard Law School.
- Exploiting the Google Toolbar: Security advisory documenting multiple vulnerabilities in the software. The problems have been fixed in versions after 1.1.58.
- Froogle: Google's product search engine and shopping directory. Presents photographs of products and links to the stores that sell them online. Options to narrow search by price range, and view results as a grid of images.
- Google Blog: Official blog.
- Google Catalog Search: Search and browse mail-order catalogs online. Focuses on standard U.S. mail-order product catalogs which have prices printed in them and are designed to help customers make a purchase immediately.
- Google Dance: Describes in some technical detail how Google updates its index.
- Google Guide: Interactive online tutorial on using the search engine includes tips and information on new services and features.
- Google Results: Bare-bones interface which returns only page titles.
- Google Watch: A criticism of Google; argues that Google's privacy policies are undermining the Web.
- Google Watch Watch: A criticism of the Google Watch site; argues that it was founded after its author failed to obtain a good PageRank for one of his websites.
- Google Weblog: Unofficial blog by Aaron Swartz.
- Google World: A categorized directory by Indicateur of links to information on Google, some to pages on Google.com itself, others external.
- Google and Dmoz - Are They in Love?: Jean Manco considers the relationship between the Web's most popular search engine and its largest, most comprehensive, human-edited directory.
- Google's Initial Public Offering Information: Press releases and documents relevant to Google's IPO.
- Google's Integrity: Covers Page Rank and how it's affected by page recency, the skewing of results by Web logs, and Google's marketing.
- Google's Pagerank Explained: Paper by Phil Craven, in which he provides theories on how PR is calculated and the importance of internal, dangling, inbound, and outbound links. With PR calculator.
- Google.public.support.general FAQ: Answers to questions that appear especially frequently in this newsgroup.
- GoogleGuy Says: Weblog collecting advice and comments from the Google spokesman.
- Googlewhack: Using Google to find fewer results, or exactly one result. How the craze began and how to do it. A list of the most recent successes.
- How Google Toolbar Works: Technical explanation of how the software works and the privacy implications associated with its usage.
- LawMeme: Google Replies to SearchKing Lawsuit: Analysis of the case and copies of relevant legal documents.
- Logoogle: Site dedicated to the collection of official and unofficial Google logos.
- Net Art: AdWords Happening: The author describes his attempt to use AdWords as a means to distribute poetry and how he was eventually thwarted.
- OddGoogle: Weblog featuring Google queries of interest to the author, many of which have been submitted by site visitors.
- On Google Scholar: Weblog by librarian T.J. Sondermann on Google's search tool dedicated to academic content.
- Page Rank Explained: Ian Rogers attempts to explain how Google PR is calculated with example to illustrate his arguments.
- PageRank Explained: Offering information and downloadable Excel spreadsheet to help visualize how PageRank is calculated.
- Pop Goes the Gmail: SMTP/POP server for Gmail. Requires Microsoft Windows and the .NET runtimes.
- Review of Google: Review and analysis of the search and display features by Greg R. Notess from search Engine Showdown. Includes information on un-indexed URLs and Boolean operators.
- Secrets of Google Revealed: Presents explanations of thirteen "unique features".
- Splode.com: Old Browsers: Collection of screenshots of Google in browsers such as Mosaic and WorldWideWeb.
- Survey on Google's PageRank: Information on the algorithm, how to increase PageRank, what diminishes it and how to distribute PageRank within a website.
- TechTV: First Look - Teoma Vs. Google: Three-part comparison between these search engines.
- TechTV: Use Google Better: Tips and tricks from Sergey Brin, Google's co-founder and president.
- The Google Dance Syndrome, Part 1: Examines Google's update process and its effects on search engine optimization.
- The Original Google Computer Storage: Photographs of the hardware used in Page and Brin's research, and an article explaining the search engine's history.
- Web Search for a Planet: The Google Cluster Architecture: Technical article explaining how Google responds to user queries.
- WebmasterWorld: Google: Pre-moderated discussion board that is frequented mainly by SEO professionals.
- Yahoo Groups: Google-Friends: Announcement list which is sent out monthly. Includes archives and subscription information.
- Yahoo Groups: GooglePress: Email distribution list for Google press releases and promotional events. Archives and subscription information.
This category in other languages: