Search Home : Computers : Programming : Games : 3D
- 3D Engines Database: Provides a comprehensive list of 3D engines and their features, along with reviews, ratings, and screenshots of each engine.
- 3D Graphic Engines List: A comprehensive list of free and commercial graphics engines
- 3D Graphics Math: A mathematical overview of computer graphics starting with model space and advancing down the graphics pipeline through world space, all the way to device space.
- 3D Graphics Pattern Recognition: Programming projects in OpenGL and Java3D that demonstrate artificial intelligence and pattern recognition useful in 3D games programming.
- 3D Rad: A programmable, user-friendly, 3D real-time engine which allows you to build interactive 3D worlds by simply placing animated and intelligent 3D objects into a virtual scenery.
- 3d engines programming in Java and MS-DOS: Information on programming various types of 3D engines (raycasting, indoor, landscape) in Java and MS-DOS. Source code available.
- Amp II: A 3D Game Design System that provides fast scene rendering with per pixel lighting, bump mapping, specular highlighting and stencil shadowing used to create stunning real time graphics.
- Aztica: Developers of 6DX, a DirectX 3D engine for Windows that can be used with C++, Java, Delphi and Visual Basic.
- Ben Woodhead: benwoodhead.com is an open source 3d game development resouce containing 3D engine source code and documentation.
- Bill's DirectX Site: Direct3D Immediate Mode Games Programming Samples with DirectX 5, 6, and 7, compiled in Visual C++.
- Chris Hecker/Texture Mapping: Perspective Texture Mapping by Chris Hecker
- DarkBASIC: BASIC Language for the PC used to create DirectX 3d games. (free trial)
- Desgraff: Tutorials on OpenGL and 3D Studio Max, links to games programming resources, home site of the Decoy3d Engine.
- Developing UTF & DGL Technology Presentation: Project description and goals, the objective is to build a game engine, that makes easy to program any kind of 3D game, on Visual C++ and OpenGL.
- Diesel Engine: An OpenGL Quake3 Arena Map Viewer, written in c++. It supports a variety of features including volumetric fog, portals/mirrors, items, basic entities, skyboxes/cloudlayers, videotextures and multitexturing for up to 6 texture units. [Open source, GPL]
- Elixys's Irion: A complete 3D game development framework (more than a simple 3D engine) and 3 plug-ins for 3DS Max.
- Excession Software.com: OpenGL based 3D wargame construction kit
- Fly3D Game Engine: Includes latest downloads, demos, and documentation (full reference, guide and tutorials).
- Golgotha Forever: the game, and I4, the game SDK.
- Havok: Software development kit for PC, PS2, and Mac.
- NemoX 3D Engine: A 3D engine written in Visual Basic. It provides fast methods to manage 3D geometry throught DirectX 8.1. The web site includes tutorials, demos, source code and downloads.
- Obsidian: An open source 3D virtual world for Linux and OpenGL.
- Opale.Soya: High-level, object-oriented 3D engine designed for 3D games in Java. Uses GL4Java to access native OpenGL. [Open Source, LGPL]
- OpenMind: An open source 3D game engine coded in Java and OpenGL. It features on high performance scenegraph on top of gl4java.
- Orion3D: 3D engine with a tutorial explaining how to use it, and other programs that will help you to build a library of objects and animations.
- Phil Frisbie's Programming Page: My personal 3D game programming pages. You will find several past and present projects, most with full source code.
- Ploksoftware ExNihilo 3d Engine: Web site of ExNihilo 3D engine Tutorial video demo source ...
- Power Render 3D Engine: Powerful 3D engine that combines indoor BSP and outdoor terrain levels. Includes Windows based tools and editors using DirectX 8's latest features. [Commercial, w/ demo]
- Programming Multimedia and 3D in Realtime: SouthGreece - the OpenGL Trender implementation; Trender SDL - a software-only realtime renderer of 3D Studio files; Earth - a Linux renderer that uses Voodoo cards to show a simple model of the earth and the sun; 3DEnvMap - a Real-time 3D Renderer with Gouraud-Shaded Environment Mapping.
- Revolution3D-Engine: 3D game engine. It uses DX9, and has 3D, 2D, Mouse, Joystick, Keyboard support.
- Serenity Engine: A suite of libraries and tools that provide solution for multi-platform game development on consoles and PC. Supports most major 3D packages.
- Simpren: 3D renderer DLL based on the Direct3D. [Only for testing]
- Sora Innosia Maze: Free 3D Maze Engine written in Visual C++ 6.0, with free game title Sora Innosia Maze. [Open source, GPL]
- Squarefly 3D Engine Toolkits: C++ libraries for 3D engine development.
- Subshock HQ: The headquarters of the Subshock 3D Games programming group.
- Superfluxus Media: A 3D audio tool, used to arrange sound spatially allowing new ways of audio programming. It is mainly based on Direct3d Sound and the EAX tecchnology of Creative. Extra feature: space morphing.
- Sylphis 3D: A 3d game engine, that supports per pixel lighting and shadows along with realistic physics.
- The Omicrone Engine Project: A multipurpose OpenGL game engine for Windows and GNU/Linux.
- Touchdown Entertainment: Tool set for developing 3D applications for the PC, Sony PlayStation 2 and Microsoft Xbox.
- Tremble 3D: A powerful Wolfenstein 3D style game engine written using for QuickBasic.
- Truevision3D: A 3D Engine, Media Engine and Net Engine for 3D game and application development using any major programming language.
- Yeti3D: A portable software based 3D engine. The engine design was inspired by the brilliant CUBE engine. [Open source, GPL]
- sbdev: A series of tutorials on raycasting and 3D Programming without a 3D API.