Search Home : Computers : Programming : Games
- Game Developer Magazine: A monthly publication that delivers technical, how-to articles
- NeHe Productions: OpenGL programming. Many tutorials, sample programs/games, and source code. A CD is available for order containing all of the site.
- 2DNow: A forum for people interested in independent 2D game development.
- 2Dgame.nl: Ten step tutorial for programming a 2-dimensional parrallax-scroller with realistic physics, sound, and music.
- 3Ddrome: News, tutorials, sample code, links related to 3D graphics and game development.
- 3rdlife.net: A game community driven game programming and modding website. Includes tutorials and articles, downloads.
- A Critical Look at Programming Languages: An article by Tim Sweeney on the evolution and future of programming languages as it relates to game development.
- AI Wisdom: Attempts to catalogue every game AI article ever written in game development books, magazines, and conference proceedings. All articles can be searched by topic, genre, resource, or date. It's a very focused site and a great place to find out what secrets game AI professionals have published.
- Action Arcade Adventure Set: The entire book by Diana Gruber describing how to make a side scrolling game.
- Amit's Game Programming Information: Descriptions of algorithms for artificial intelligence, path finding, game design, objects, hexagonal tiles, threads, and text games.
- Blitz Basic: A specialized version of BASIC designed specifically for game development. Includes features like custom types and functions. Code is compiled before execution to speed things up.
- BlueParrots: C, C++, Assembly source code examples for games, graphics, and sound.
- CFXweb - Demo and Game Development: Daily news, articles, art gallery, downloads, games, demos, demo scene news, forums, online irc clients, and source code.
- Cylinder Based Collision Detection: A game programming tutorial on Cylinder based collision detection and response.
- DIV Design Studio: Community site for programming with DIV.
- DXC Companion: Tutorials and resources for the DX-Creator.
- Daneu, Ales: AD Snooker and Briskola games with C++ sources.
- DevMaster.net: A game and graphics development site that provides resources, 3D engines database, articles, daily news updates, and a discussion forum.
- East Coast Games: training new programmers and to making great games, tutorials on C/C++, Java and DirectX, several games written for Windows (freeware).
- Exaflop: A programmers' `resource` with extensive resources related to graphics and games programming.
- Fy Software: Game developement, tutorials and sources. C++/OpenGL and Win32.
- GGD - Global Game Developer: Provides tools and knowledge needed to create and distribute games. Including tutorials, tips, downloads and books.
- Gamasutra: The Art and Science of making Games.
- Game Algorithms: Algorithms, source code and references.
- Game Development Search Engine, The: Web portal and search engine dedicated to game development. Links to articles, tutorials and source code that cover all aspects of game development. Read and post to game development newsgroups.
- Game LS: The game development `resource` community driven database of sites, articles, multimedia. Forums.
- Game Tutorials: Over one hundred tutorials in C/C++ for the beginning programmer.
- GameDev.net: Featuring a huge reference library and weekly interviews of professionals inside the industry. Participate in a public game development project.
- GameDeveloper.net: Good site with many tutorials. Subjects include 2D/3D, physics, and AI. Covers OpenGL, DirectX, game design, and graphic art.
- GameFurnace: Open source games, tutorials, game cheats and reviews.
- GameProgrammer.com: Game and graphics programming articles of interest to game programmers with all levels of experience.
- GameProgrammer.org: Game programming news, tutorials, codes. Downloads.
- GameProgrammer.org: Game programming tutorials, codes, news, forums, links and related downloads. Containing Direct3D and Win32 SDK Tutorials.
- Gamedev.org: Game development discussion forum.
- Games Creation Resources: Game creation programs for non-programmers.
- Games Research: Materials from, and links to resources related to, the Siggraph 2000 course "Games Research: the Science of Interactive Entertainment"
- Games++ Megasite: Game programming, online games, cheats, tutorials, references, Direct X, C/C++, and Java.
- GarageGames.com: An online game development community and `resource` center, keeping independent and professional developers connected to their peers, the industry and cutting edge information, tools and code.
- Gepard Studio: Downloads for game programming, along with some Java, Linux, DOS and Windows games.
- How to Start a Gameproject/Gamedevelop Company: Article from a swedish programmer. Also related links.
- Impacto: A tool to make games and multimedia applications.
- InTheory: A forum that encourages descussion about Game Theory, ideas and design. Covers all topics ranging from story to level design to 3d programming.
- Irt.org: Design challenges, tutorials, and articles on coding design.
- Knowledge Hound: Tutorials, tips, and how-to guides for game programmers of all types.
- Mappy for PC (DOS and Win95): A utility for creating flexible 'maps' for tile based 2D games (scrolling shoot-em-ups, or 8-way scrolling adventures, whatever).
- PC Game Programming Explorer: Book by Dave Roberts that takes readers inside the world of PC game programming and reveals the essential techniques to make game programming easy and fun.
- Paul Hsieh: Source code, tips, and tricks.
- Pixelate: An online gameprogramming magazine.
- Quake Developers Pages: Information and resources for quake developers
- RPG game programming page: Page related to RPG programming. Has a freeware game (not finished, but in development) w/ all its sources
- Ray Game Designer: Freeware 3D construction kit for Windows based on a RayCaster.
- Reprints of Works by Diana Gruber: Articles and book chapters by Diana Gruber on the subject of game design and programming.
- Repune: Multiplayer snake game with C sources. [Open source, LGPL]
- Rise Game Development Home Page: Tutorials on games and QBasic along with developer tools downloads.
- Simple Game Engine: Information, screenshots and downloads for Simple Game Engine (freeware) that enables you to write your own games using a definition language.
- SoftLight Development: Lots of programs and source code, development tools, Direct X examples, and killer links. With a Windows focus.
- The Game Programming Wiki: Game programming tutorials and source code.
- The Playground Project: Building computer environments for 4-8 year-olds to play, design, and create games. A playground is a place to play with rules not just by them.
- Toymaker: Aimed mainly at the new games programmer. It contains notes and answers to common questions with examples in C++ and DirectX. Resources. T2, a free terrain texture generation tool.
- Web Game Builder: Free `resource` for anyone wishing to write online games. Offering tutorials, forums and linking to member games.
- XDev.ru: Games development articles and tutorials. Game industry news.
- Xtreme Games: Free tools and source code and an offer to sign up new developers for joint ventures for a general pooling of resources.
- Zingtech Computer Solutions: Development site with tutorials, an introduction to DirectX and a game idea center. Also Allegro game programming library sections. Books. Links.
- Ziron Multimedia: Links to articles, source code, and tutorials.
- flipCode: Find articles, coding techniques, news, and interviews relating to Game programming. A fair number of specific tutorials as well.
- zstar: An extensible, distributed system for game development, consisting of an abstract game client, and a game server to which players connect to play games against other players or alone.
This category in other languages: