Search Home : Computers : Security : Advisories and Patches
- CERIAS - Center for Education and Research in Information Assurance and Security: University center for multidisciplinary research and education in areas of information security. Provides hotlist covering all aspects of security.
- CERT Coordination Center: Studies Internet security vulnerabilities, provides incident response services to sites that have been the victims of attack, publishes a variety of security alerts, researches security and survivability in wide-area-networked computing, and develops information to improve site security.
- 2000Trainers.com - Security Alerts: Offers advice, ratings and direct downloads to the most recent security patches, hotfixes, and service packs for server operating systems and applications.
- Apache Week: Apache httpd 1.3 vulnerabilities: Includes an overview of published Apache 1.3.x security advisories and patches.
- Apache Week: Apache httpd 2.0 vulnerabilities: Includes an overview of published security advisories and patches for Apache 2.0.X.
- AusCERT: Australian Computer Emergency Response Team. Advisories and tools.
- Bugtraq: Independent source for security vulnerabilities, alerts, and threats.
- CVEbrowser: CVE browser is a Java Web search engine for the Mitre CVE vulnerability dictionary.
- Center for Internet Security: Non-profit enterprise whose mission is to help organizations reduce the risk of business and e-commerce disruptions resulting from inadequate technical security controls.
- Citadel Security: Vulnerability remediation software which prevents networked machines that have been off the network for some time from gaining access until the software has applied necessary patches. Also offer policy management and automatic logoff tools.
- Computer Incident Advisory Capability: CIAC publishes security bulletins and virus and hoax information. They provide computer security assistance to US Department of Energy (DOE) sites.
- DeepSight: Fee based security alert service by Symantec.
- FedCIRC: Federal Computer Incident Response Capability. Advisories and tools.
- ISS X-Force: Security alerts, advisories, and alert summaries from ISS.
- Makesecure.com: Network security news, alerts and updates
- Open Source Vulnerability Database: Searchable database of vulnerabilities. Offers data for download in XML format as well as via website. Details of how to submit new vulnerabilities, database schema and FAQ.
- OpenNet - Security: Database of daily updated security alerts.
- Patch Management Forum: Mailing list facilitates networking and information exchange related to patch management: announcements, testing, verification, operations processes, and vulnerabilities.
- PatchAdvisor: Patch alert service.
- PatchEasy: Patch management tool that helps secure systems by remotely managing service packs and hotfixes. Conduct research, take inventory, deploy updates and validate installations to networked machines.
- PatchManagement.org: Mailing list dedicated to the discussion of patch management.
- Patchcompliance.com: Offers patch management information and products.
- Patchlink Corporation - Patch Management: Offers fully Internet-based, automated, cross-platform, enterprise security patch management software so IT administrators can assess and resolve security vulnerabilities across operating systems and applications.
- Secunia: Provides security advisories and information about patches.
- Secureroot Advisories Database: Listing of security advisories and warnings.
- Security Corporation: Information on the latest security advisories, viruses, press releases, and whitepapers.
- Security Patch Notification Service: Keep system administrators fully up to date with the very latest patches that are relevant to devices and software.
- SecurityFocus: Bugtraq: Full disclosure computer security vulnerabilities feed.
- SecurityMetrics Bulletin Service: Security Bulletins that are compiled from multiple leading sources and condensed to reduce your efforts in reviewing them regularly.
- Sintelli Alert: Online service that notifies webmasters of new security vulnerabilities.
- Threat Focus: Threat Focus Diligence provides customized 24/7 vulnerability and patch alerts for more than 1,000 products, giving IT and network managers the security information they need to protect their assets.
- TruIntelligence: Actionable, risk oriented intelligence service from TruSecure Corporation.
- US-CERT: Provides a mechanism that allows citizens, businesses, and other institutions to communicate directly with the United States government regarding cyber security information.
- VulnWatch: Computer security vulnerability disclosure mailing list
- igxglobal.com: Provides daily reports on new Internet, network and application vulnerabilities.