Search Home : Computers : Security : Authentication
- A Proactive Password Checker: Paper by M. Bishop, 1991. The author describes a technique, and a mechanism, to allow users to select passwords which to them are easy to remember but to others would be very difficult to guess. [Postscript]
- Ankari: Offers authentication, network security software, and IT security solutions. Includes white papers and introductory material.
- BioPassword: A software-based technology that learns and verifies unique typing patterns. Includes an introduction to biometrics and keyboard dynamics.
- Blockade Systems: Password synchronization and enterprise-wide access control management software. Includes a return-on-investment calculator.
- DigiGAN, Inc: Secure network gateway, web server and one time password solutions. Product information and company profile.
- Dos and Don'ts of Client Authentication on the Web: Paper by Kevin Fu, Emil Sit, Kendra Smith, and Nick Feamster. In the Proceedings of the 10th USENIX Security Symposium, Washington, D.C., August 2001. [PDF]
- Finally Software: Enterprise security solutions based on PKI and Kerberos. Also offer a secure terminal emulator for connecting to Unix servers from Windows. Product information and downloadable evaluation software.
- Flicks Software: Software password protects web content (Windows NT / 2000). Free trial downloads available.
- I/O Software: Provider of software solutions, including biometric solutions. Site includes product descriptions and technology licensing terms.
- IIS User Authentication Tutorial: Information on various methods for WWW password protection using Internet Information Server (IIS). Text-based tutorial with some screenshots.
- Intertrust Technologies Corporation: Develops general purpose digital rights management platform which serves as foundation for providers of digital information, technology and commerce services to participate in a global system for digital commerce. (Nasdaq: ITRU).
- M-Tech Information Technology, Inc.: ID-Synch, identity management software for managing user administration processes. Product information, customers, press releases and contact details.
- NMA, Inc.: ZSentry two-factor authentication solution. Product information, white papers and contact details.
- Open Systems Management: Password synchronization and role based access control across UNIX, Windows NT and resident applications. Site contains FAQs.
- Password Management: Paper by M. Bishop, 1991. Discusses problems of password selection and password management, and identifies relevant techniques. [PDF]
- Pluggable Authentication Modules: Sun's official PAM documentation. Programmer documentation and source code.
- RSA Security: Products include token-based one time password systems and single sign on systems. Site contains information on security.
- Remote User Authentication in Libraries: Comprehensive collection of resources for libraries and universities. Includes links to software and some links of interest to non-librarians.
- Secure Remote Passwords: Software integrates into existing networked applications. Secure telnet and FTP available. Open source. User and technical documentation as well as source code.
- SecureUser.net: Providers of tools to e-commerce developers. Site includes a technology explanation and case studies.
- Theory of Identification and Authentication: History and development of mechanisms and techniques.
- Unisys: Makers of several related products. Site includes rationale as well as comprehensive usage information.
- Vasco: Makers of both software and hardware systems. Demos, case studies and product information.
- iDEX Systems, Inc.: Java-powered iButton based personal identity management security services and digital certificate authentication for secure logon, secure messaging, and digital signatures.
- iisPROTECT: Functions with Internet Information Server to secure web sites. Includes live demo.