Search Home : Computers : Software : Data Compression
- 1StepUnzip: Easy to use shareware tool for unzipping and installing your downloaded Internet files.
- 7-Zip: Command-line and Windows shell utility for manipulating ZIP archives. Supported formats: ZIP, CAB, RAR, GZIP and TAR.
- Archive Comparison Test: A set of benchmarks designed to show the state of the art in lossless data compression, by Jeff Gilchrist.
- Automatic File Archiver by JSPayne: Does automatic archiving and backup of recently modified.
- BitJazz Inc.: Lossless compression for photoquality images. Cross-platform. SDK. Free reader.
- CAM Development - CAM UnZip: Free zip file utility, which allows you to quickly, open, create, and modify ZIP archives. In addition, CAM Unzip supports password protection, and can run an archive's Setup file automatically after it is unzipped.
- Cabextract: Portable UNIX decompressor for the Microsoft Cabinet (.CAB) format.
- CoffeeCup Free Zip Wizard: Free Zip/Unzip utility. CoffeeCup Free Zip Wizard has built-in E-mail and FTP functions, so you can Zip and send your files in one easy step.
- ExpressZIP: ZIP and UNZIP Management complete with built-in Wizards to walk you through creating ZIP and EXE (self extracting) archives.
- FilZip 2000: Free application to handle a variety of archive file formats, including .ace, .arc. arj, .cab, .gz, .lha, .jar, .rar, .tar and of course .zip. (Win 9x/NT/2000/Me)
- FlyZip - Elegant Algorithms: New patent pending data compression methods. FlyZip XR data compression utility for Palm OS.
- GZIPSite Website Compression: Tool that can help you make static HTML websites run 50% faster and save 50-80% of the bandwidth.
- Hifn Inc.: Designs, develops, and markets compression processors, encryption/compression processors, and software which provide alternatives for the implementation of high performance networks and tape storage devices. (Nasdaq: HIFN).
- Impact Labs Inc.: Develops Windows based compression and encryption software used for still images, documents, and streaming video.
- JET-Software: Software house in Germany, with compression products for mainframe, midrange and mini systems.
- Maximum Compression: Aims to show the maximum achievable compression ratio for several filetypes (text, executable). The best 80-100 programs for every filetype are shown in a table indicating compression ratio and switches/options used to achieve that compression.
- Official RAR archiver site: Downloads, Support, Tips, Tricks and Tools. The RAR format, like the other newer formats (bZip, and SIT) compresses files better than the popular, but older Zip algorithm.
- QccPack: Quantization, Compression, and Coding Library. C source code freely available.
- QuikCAT Technologies: Specializing in data compression software technologies for wireless transmission, Internet acceleration, Microsoft Exchange and Lotus Notes E-mail acceleration, and PDA video conferencing, using cellular automata transforms.
- RAR/WinRAR support site: A support site for RAR and WinRAR archivers.
- RARReg: Offers downloads, support forums and registration for RAR compression tools.
- RICAZip from CAPTEC: High performance lossless image compression applications, utilities and libraries.
- Rarissimo: Companion tool for WinRAR for preserving NTFS alternate streams.
- RemoteZip Zip File Manager: A ZIP File Manager that runs on a Web server and has a browser based interface.
- SHCODEC: A efficient static huffman coder. The package contains source code, test program and documentation..
- Smacker Video Technology: A compressor for video, animation and sound data includes video compression with twice the video quality and now uses the Bink audio codec for perceptually lossless 8 to 1 compression.
- SolutionSoft Systems, Inc.: E-Space, compression software for online archiving and disk space management.
- Spirit Corp: Offers MP3 codecs and voice compression algorithms.
- Tomeraidit: Creates compressed TomeRaider files, allows unsurpassed text compression (45%-60%), plus TR files are portable between platforms of Windows, PDA (palm, pocket PC or psion)
- USENET Compression FAQ: This URL takes you to a compression FAQ that explains compression to technical people as well as describing the various programs, and what they do to users.
- Video Compression Components: Third-party video compression software components for programmers.
- WarpZip: Data compression utility for the OS/2 family of operating systems. Extensive drag and drop implementation and speech enabled utility that deals with "zip" and OS/2 "packed" archive formats.
- Web-based Stuffit to Zip converter: Free web based stuffit to zip archive conversion.
- WinAce: Relative new though already used on many sites. When compared to WinZip the most important advantage of WinAce is better compression.
- WinRAR - deutsche Download- und Supportsite: German site for WinRar.
- WinZip: WinZip is a windows data compression utility that focuses on the Zip data compression format for windows users. It took the lead from PKZIP when windows was introduced.
- WinZip Splitter: Split and rejoin WinZip(R) archives for e-mail transmission in two mouse clicks.
- XMill: Compressor for XML data, available as source code and binaries for Windows and Linux. [Freeware]
- Xceed Software Inc.: Makers of Zip and Unzip data compression controls for Windows developers that use ActiveX, OCX, VBX and DLLs.
- ZBit Inc.: COM objects to Zip and Unzip files.
- ZipALot: Takes all the ZIP archives from one directory and extracts them to another one, allows you to handle more than one ZIP archive at once. Free open-source software for Win32.
- ZipMail: Compression for Lotus Notes, that automatically compresses attached files into ZIP files or self-extracting files. Features full integration with the Lotus Notes email client software.
- Zipbit: Works with popular archive types and has skin support.
- Zipsearch: Zipsearch is shareware to search compressed zip archives for files inside archives. The program finds text strings within the files for viewing and changes.
- Zzip: A compression tool under GPL. Zzip compression algorithm is mainly based on the Burrows-Wheeler Transform method developped by Mike Burrows and David Wheeler.
- x-PRESS: Delivers cross-platform data compression for data transfer, archiving, and retrieval.Part of the CoSORT family of sort and data manipulation solutions.
- zlib: A massively spiffy yet delicately unobtrusive compression library.
This category in other languages: