Search Home : Computers : Software : Databases : Open Source
- ASP.NET Enterprise Manager: Download a web-based, open-source version of Microsoft's Enterprise Manager for SQL Server that can be used to administrate SQL Server and MSDE with a web browser.
- Anubisnet: Develops open source database (dBASE for Linux and Windows) applications and software for Multimedia (MPaxx, CMMS).
- Backplane, Inc.: Available to both open source and corporate developers, Backplane is a replicated, transactional, fault-tolerant relational database core. Currently supported on Linux and FreeBSD.
- ChurchInfo Church Database Application: ChurchInfo is a php/mySQL database to keep track of people, families, groups, pledges and payments, sunday school classes, etc.
- Clip: Object oriented, CA-Clipper and Xbase compatible compiler.
- Fast DB: Main memory object-relational DBMS featuring log-less transaction recovery, tight C++ integration, query language like SQL. Optimized for all data being held in RAM.
- ITTIA: Provides small footprint, high performance, and easy-to-use embedded database solutions. Also sells technical support and consulting.
- Index of Publicly Available Database Software: Comprehensive list of research and other free database systems. Also includes some benchmarks. Maintained by ACM SIGMOD.
- L.A.B. Project - Linux Advanced Business Tools: Provides small and medium sized businesses with advanced tools that can be used to build business applications.
- Mneson: Pure Ada database including library and tools for persistent graphs of basic values (integer, string, float).
- OSDB: The Open Source Database Network: News, information, and tools related to open source database platforms.
- Ocelot Computer Services Inc.: The Ocelot SQL DBMS adheres closely to the ANSI/ISO SQL standard. The site has software downloads, tutorial information, and reviews of SQL or general DBMS books. [Mozilla and GPL]
- Open Source Database Summit: September 23-25, 2001 in Providence, Rhode Island, for developers and IT professionals.
- Persistent Data Objects: A flexible, lightweight object oriented database system in C++ with an extensible back-end store design. MFC compatible version available. [GPL]
- Qt SQL Browser: A graphical front end for any ODBC compliant database [GPL]
- RDBMS Toolbox - version 1.1: Open source and free RDBMS software packaged in an ISO file.
- RekallRevealed: Rekall is an open source database front end, in the style of Microsoft Access. It is built on Qt and KDE and runs on Linux and Windows. Open source drivers available for MySQL, PgSQL and XBase (DB4 via a wrapper library) [GPL]
- SQLite: A complete SQL database engine in a C library. [Open Source, Public Domain]
- Seva Software - ArunaDB: Database server written in Ruby that supports tables, indexes, triggers, sequences, views, stored procedures, and transactions.
- SimpleSQL: Download an easy to use database featuring Java and C++ compliance, a transactional server, a server-free SQL component, and a 64-bit portable database file. Site also offers tutorials and installation instructions.
- SiteSure Software: Provider of database server software and online catalog programs.[Commercial]
- SourceForge.net Database Foundry: Project descriptions, news, guides, forums, and articles.
- The TDB Replication System: An open source suite of software that provides a high-performance, replicated, distributed peer-to-peer Unix DBM style database built on TDB.
- iSQL-VIewer: An SQL browser tool that works with any JDBC 2.0 or higher driver. [Open Source, MPL]
- picoSQL: picoSQL is a SQL-based, multi-user, client/server RDBMS, derived from a commercial project [GPL].
- tdbengine - The turbo database engine: tdbengine is a small but powerful RDBMS written in PASCAL. It runs on Linux as well as on Windows machines.
This category in other languages: