Search Home : Computers : Software : Freeware : Music and Audio
- All2WAV Recorder: Allows one to record audio to WAV files from any source. [Win32]
- AmazingMIDI: WAV to MIDI converter for music transcription, chord analysis and making MIDI files.
- AmberRor Software: CDrun is a skinnable Audio CD player for Windows. It resides in a system tray.
- ArmadilloMP3: Windows 95/98/NT/2000 database builder to locate and classify MP3 files.
- Audiobliss: A MP3 to WAV decoder, WAV to MP3 encoder, and CD ripping software.
- Authentic Digital Player and Server: Records and plays back video in many different formats.
- AutoBPM: Windows program uses soundcard-wavein to count beats per minute in music.
- AutoMixer: A sound utility to automate control of volume level. [Win32]
- BestPractice: A tool to slow down or speed up music while keeping the original tune. Pitch shifting is also possible.
- Bucket o' Tab: Tablature editor for Windows 3.1/9x. 4-7 strings. Includes MIDI support.
- Burn4Free: Burn CD audio from WAV, WMA, MP3, OGG, CDA, and DVD.
- CD Burner X: CD burner program for burning songs from MP3 Wav or WMA files into an audio CD.
- CDRDAO: Disk-At-Once recording of CDs.
- CDrecorder: XWindows GUI for cdrecord and mkisofs for burning CDs.
- Caotica2: Creates new sounds and noises, and alters wave files using simple and complex mathematical effects. Application features audio synthesis and effects. [Windows/Linux]
- ContextMagic.com: InfoTag Magic is a Windows Explorer infotip extension that provides pop-up text containing ID3 tags information including the title, artist, album, and duration, when the mouse pointer is hovered over an MP3 file.
- CryptoSound: Software, articles, and resources for digital audio.
- Cumulus Project: CUMULUS is a free (GPL) software synthesizer for LINUX. It implements the AGS (Asynchronous Grain Synthesis), provides a convenient GUI (Envelopes for all parameters), is realtime capable and has a MIDI-port to controllerboxes and keybaords (or sequencers).
- Dictation Player: A specialized Windows WAV file player suited for playing back recordings with automatic pauses so you can transcribe them.
- Ditty: Small midi sequencer for Windows, tested using General Midi and the SoundBlaster Live.
- DrumFlow: A MIDI drum sequencer. [Win32]
- EvilLyrics: Tool for searching the lyrics to the song played in Winamp, Sonique or Foobar. [Windows 98/2000/NT/ME/XP]
- Fantomizer: MP3 player with effects for Windows. Create real time audio performances from favorite music files.
- Foobar2000: Media player with simple UI and low memory use. Offers plugin support for new features. Includes link to forum focused on application. [Win32]
- Free CD to MP3 Converter: A CD ripper program that converts audio CD to MP3.
- FreeRIP MP3: Windows ripper that extracts tracks from CDs in MP3, WAV, or Ogg Vorbis format and names them from a CDDB database.
- Freecorder: An ad-supported program that can record streaming audio to an MP3 file.
- Future Din Tracks: Organized list of free audio related resources on the Internet covering software, help files, catalogs, and mp3s.
- G-Force and WhiteCap: Produce real-time video that responds to music that's playing through an audio player (ex, Winamp, SoundJam).
- HTagEditor: Mp3 tag editor that guesses id tags, checks for duplicate songs, search and replace.
- HammerHead Rhythm Station: Drum machine software for Windows, aiming at the dance scene. Create perfect drum loops and breakbeats on the fly.
- HarddiskOgg: On-the-fly encoder for recording analog audio sources (i.e. line-in or microphone) directly to Ogg Vorbis/Wave/MP3, featuring auto-normalization and command line support.
- HobbySoft: Home of Passion Audio Player. Skinnable, visualizations support, uses freedb. Modest system requirements. Plays several popular formats, including CD Audio, MIDI, MP3, WAV. [Windows 9x/XP]
- JBuzzer: A platform independant java application that allows one to trigger audio samples by keystrokes of your computer keyboard. Currently mpeg layer 3 (.mp3) and PCM samples (.wav) are supported.
- JahSing Music Player: Java music player that is compatible with any operating system and capable of playing several audio formats including MP3.
- Jake's MP3 Alarm Clock: Program that plays wav/mp3 music. It allows multiple alarms and saving/loading playlists.
- JeFCo: Java proxy to access freedb.org, a replacement for the CDDB album and track name database.
- Key2Speak: Keyboard text-to-speech utility that can translate what is typed on the fly. Works with most applications and most common languages. Customizable.
- Kramixer: Program contains functions that only expensive DJ software typically provides. It is a two-channel mixer that allows smooth beatmixing and other mixing techniques (squashes, wind-downs) to give a live feel to the set. [Windows 2000/NT/XP]
- LaQer Audio Player: Alternate high-fidelity music player for Windows. [Windows 98/Me/NT4/2000/XP]
- Linplayer: Mp3 player for Linux using mpg123 with curses interface for play list editor, file browser, position seek bar, volume control, and equilizer settings.
- LoboDAB: Wavefinder interface for the Psion WAvefinder DAB radio.
- Lossless Tools: A directory of useful tools and tutorials for lossless audio.
- M3UNOW: A mp3 playlist editor for Windows, support and feedback information.
- MIDInight Express: Emulated wavetable MIDI player and quick renderer. Uses WAVmaker- and Mellosoftron-compatible instrument format.
- MP3 CDOrganizer: MP3 organizer for Windows, arranges MP3 files to play from CDs.
- MP3 File Description Database: Organize, view, sort and print descriptions for mp3 files as well as play files in the default player. [Windows]
- MP3 Lyrics: Software for adding mp3 Lyrics to MP3s and a plugin for Winamp to display the lyrics as the song plays.
- MP3-Tag Generator: Utility to Tag (ID3) editing of MP3-files. Contains information about the generator and its successor as well as tips among software development.
- MP3G to ZIP: Combines matching MP3 and CDG files to a single ZIP file
- MP3Manager: Freeware tool for organizing and playing audio files.
- Maximus CD Player: Free CD player for Windows 95, 98, NT and 2000. Product specifications, screenshots, and downloads.
- Me to Organize (Me2Org): Java Media player with playlist, play mpeg, mp3, avi, au, mov, wav, and midis.
- Midi File Converter: Converts midi files to a format that can be played by a Casio Keyboard.
- Mini MP3: Player that sits in the system tray and unobtrusively plays MP3 files in the background. Will also play many other formats including MPEG video files.
- Modplug.com: Player can play MOD as well as Zipped MOD (MDZ) files. It displays a spectrum analyzer and VU meter while the files are playing. A mixer allows you to load 2 files simultaneously.
- Mr. DJ: An open-source solution for people who want to play and mix MP3 audio files.
- Music Conduit: Tool that allows one to transfer music to older, serial only based devices.
- Music Database: Software to create a catalog of CD collections. Full add, edit, search, delete and report functions.
- Music Explorer for Windows: An open source program to help musicians transcribe recorded music, analyze and identify frequencies visually.
- Myan Myan Factory: Digital CD player to read CD-TEXT data (English/Japaneese).
- NN29 Freeware VSTi Digital Sampler: A sample olayer for VST Hosts emulating Reason's built-in NN19 Sampler.
- NT Jukebox: A skinnable audio player that includes a built in internet update. Supports MP3, Ogg Vorbis, WAV.
- NomadSync: A synchronisation utility for Creative Nomad Jukebox audio players. Supports Linux and Windows.
- Overnight's MP3 Player: Windows player with playlist.
- Play List Converter: Convert CD descriptions between Windows CDPlayer, WinAMP CDDB and DeluxeCD local databases. It can also build report on your CD database contents.
- Pocket Voice Recorder: Records from microphone and any other input line available with your sound card. Ten minutes of recording capacity with recordings organized as messages.
- QuickNamer: News, and screenshots for this MP3 ID3 tagging tool.
- Quintessential Player: Multiple audio format player with advanced visual effects and a plug-in architecture.
- RC4WA: Allows completely to control WinAmp by remote control through a limited set of Aver TV Capture cards.
- RIFFview: View bitmap and comment/(c) in WAV (RIFF format) SFI (Sound Forge Impulse Files), export bitmaps and comments from RIFF files.
- RandyTab: Windows 9x guitar tablature software. Includes MIDI support.
- RealFX: Sound effects program to raise or lower the pitch of an audio signal in real-time.
- Silent-Bob: Masters flexible pre-recording in the background for quick and troublefree saving as WAV files.
- SmartTagFix: A Linux/Win32 Utility that intelligently fills in missing MP3 ID3 tags, even when files are named in different formats.
- Sound Control Plus: Replacement for the standard windows mixer applet which allows you to hot key your mixers and also features an on screen display and winamp control.
- Stereo coder software: Allows your computer to encode high quality stereo for stereo broadcastings.
- Synesthesia Interactive Visualization: Music visualization program for Windows 95/98/NT/2000.
- Synfactory Modular Software Synthesizer: Freeware analoge style modular software synthesizer software. Build synthesizers from basic building blocks like: Oscillators, filters, mixers and all kinds of logic modules.
- TPlayer: Skinable music player and mixer for audio files mp3, wma, and wav files. Screenshots, forum, and downloads.
- TVDeck Fullscreen Player: A Windows™ media player add-on for playing .wma audio files on a big screen, like a TV set.
- The VDMSound Project: Sound support for DOS programs. Emulates MIDI, SoundBlaster, AdLib/FM, and joystick. Open Source (GPL). [Windows NT/2000/XP]
- Top Ten List Creator: Keeps tracks of all files played in Sonique and builds a hitlist.
- UniTagger: A Unicode ID3 Tag Editor. [Requires .NET runtime]
- Viddi Player: Ad-free Internet radio. Over 1250 pre tuned Internet radio stations from all across the world in one small program.
- Winamp Powerplayer: A plugin that can allow winamp to support various video formats including DVD, VCD, Quicktime, Real, vob and flash content.
- Winamp Radio Scheduler: Contains downloads of WRS's latest versions, information and documentation.
- earshot: Software combining live improvisation with random composition, as well as exploration and navigation of sound on the web.