Search Home : Computers : Software : Graphics : 3D : FAQs, Help, and Tutorials
- 3D Animation Workshop: 3D graphics and animation news and tutorials, with special focus on Web 3D.
- 3D Artist Tutorials: Modeling, animation, special f/x tutorials for the following 3D packages: 3D Studio MAX, Lightwave 3D, Power Animator, RayDream, Softimage 3D.
- 3D GFX Coding Zone: A compilation of various 3D graphics tutorials ranging from basic 3D math to complex visualization algorithms.
- A Simple Bowl: Making a simple bowl with C4D XL, splines and NURBS.
- Black Orb: This site has great resources for 3D artists, with Maya and 3D Max tutorials, NURBS and Polygons and other useful links, with industry links.
- Building a Head with UberNURBS: A step-by-step tutorial for building a human head with ElectricImage's UberNURBS subdivision tool. The steps shown should also work with other 3D programs that model with NURBS subdivision.
- C4D Basic Tutorial: An introduction to Cinema4D.
- CAD Drawing: Before beginning to do 3-D drawing, you must learn CAD fundamentals and computer aided drafting. What type of computer and software is needed to get started? Answers here.
- DigitalxAus - Interactive Training: Six CDs of training media for 3dsmax 5 and Maya 4.5, over 4Gb of tutorials for 3d modelers and animators.
- Fear Tutorial: Making a 3D spaceship.
- Harry Mott's Notes: Presents notes for Digital Artistes on the principles of animation, and a variety of related links.
- How Stuff Works: Complete tutorial on how 3-D graphics and animations work, with additional links.
- Inspire Joy: Computer animation student Scott Tygett's casual tutorials for Inspire 3D, the student's Lightwave 3D, are thumbnailed and include a "tipathon."
- Internet EYE 3D Magazine: Free 3D tutorials covering many popular 3D applications, reviews and news.
- Introduction to MEL Scripting: A basic tutorial in using the Maya Embedded Language, MEL for creating objects. This introduction to the Maya Embeded Language (MEL) introduces some simple MEL commands as well as the basic programming concepts of variables and loops.
- Joel's Tutorials to Maya and XSI: Beginers introduction to Maya.
- Josh: Tutorial for Milkshape to create bloody Newbs, option to download the tutorial for offline-view.
- Making Creatures with FFD: Tutorial for making creatures with FFD lattice points.
- Making MEL Procedures: Tutorial covers the basics of making MEL procedures, and creating commands instead of using the built-in commands like 'move', 'rotate' and 'polyCube'.
- Maya Tutorials: Professional level Maya, Softimage, Alias Studio, Sumatra, Renderman tutorials and other resources.
- Maya Wizard: A comfortable place for students of the computer arts to ask honest questions and get real answers.
- NURBS: Article about Nonuniform Rational B-Splines - NURBS a summary by Markus Altmann.
- Perfect Eggs: Tutorial on making a basket full of eggs with CorelDream 3D.
- Real-Time Massive Model Rendering: Master's Thesis by Jean-Daniel Nahmias. "This report discussed various techniques to speed up rendering of large and complex virtual environments. It explores algorithms such as Hierarchical Spatial Subdivision as well as Occlusion Culling."
- Realistic 3D Graphics: Website dedicated to the pursuit of photorealistic 3D graphics. The site focuses on getting photorealistic images into realtime applications such as games.
- Rethinkfx: The source for visual effects and animation tips and tutorials using 3D Studio Max, Softimage and Aftereffects.
- RetinaJoy: Links to tutorials plus a lightwave boxes tip.
- Rhino/Max 3D House: Rhino3d working with 3dsMax. Tutorials, Workspaces, resources and gallery.
- Shiitake Mushroom Cloud Tutorial: A tutorial on making a 3D animated mushroom clouds for Hash A:M 8.5p++ and above by Ilya Anisimoff.
- Smoke in C4D: Offers examples and tutorial information on how to use visible lights to make wispy, smoky smoke in C4D.
- Stem Ltd.: Supply a series of profession specific training manuals for form Z RenderZone and a CD containing 250 models and textures customized for form Z.
- Strata 3D Tutorials: Direct link to Strata 3D (pro) tutorials on the web. Basics, modeling, textures, lighting, animation, FX, rendering and 3d information.
- T-Rex: A step-by-step tutorial on how to make a good-looking T-Rex in REAL3D.
- Tutorials in 3D Techniques: The latest design techniques, step-by-step form the experts. Get the best results with professional techniques and all the latest, cutting edge technologies from 3D modeling, to mapping.
- Web3D: 3D tutorials for Truespace, Terragen and Rhinoceros. All so a gallery, books, downloads and links.
- Xtreme 3D - Tutorials: Tutorials for 3D Studio Max, Lightwave, Softimage, Bryce 3D, Alias/Wavefront, Rhino 3D, Truspace, Infini-D, and Photoshop.