Search Home : Computers : Software : Information Retrieval : Fulltext
- AnswerMap: End user software for searching your documents and e-mail. AnswerMap finds specific answers to your typed questions in seconds. View short summaries, full passages, or entire files.
- Building Task-Specific Interfaces to High Volume Conversational Data: A scholarly paper by Loren G. Terveen, William C. Hill, Brian Amento, David McDonald, and Josh Creter.
- Cheshire II Project Home Page: Cheshire II is a "Next-Generation Online Catalog and Full-Text Information Retrieval System." It features advanced IR techniques, including support for Boolean and probabilistic 'best match' ranked searching, SGML/XML as the primary data base format, and a client/server architecture that uses the Z39.50 Information Retrieval Protocol.
- Dataware Technologies: Search engine vendor of BRS/Search, a text based core product, and web enabled products.
- Glimpse: A Unix based indexing and query system. It is good for indexing relatively small amounts of data. Different types of indexes allow you to trade off search speed for index size. The default search engine used in Harvest.
- IB Search Engine: High speed, fully featured, multilingual fielded fulltext engine. Available for many platforms including Solaris, BSD, Linux and Windows-NT.
- Inventory of Full-Text Information Retrieval Software Vendors: A project of the IFLA Section on Information Technology
- Isearch: Software for indexing and searching text documents, using full text and field based search, relevance ranked results, Boolean queries, and heterogeneous databases. Support for document types such as HTML, SGML, mail folders, and USMARC.
- KE Software Inc.: KE Texpress is an object/relational database that supports text as well as multimedia objects. Runs on a wide variety of platforms including Linux.
- LegalProNet.Com: A secure web based service, allowing attorneys to store, manage, search and access their documents through the internet.
- Lucene Search Engine: Jakarta Lucene is a full-featured text search engine written entirely in Java, and it is an open source project available for free download from Apache Jakarta. The current goals of the project are primarily to provide application and also a platform for research.
- Managing Gigabytes: Information and select sections of a book about indexing and compression techniques for documents and images. Also provides information about open source IR system released with the book.
- Megaputer Intelligence: Megaputer provides a complete family of unique solutions for Natural Language Text Retrieval and Analysis, Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery in Databases.
- MicroISIS by UNESCO: Non-numerical information storage and retrieval software developed to allow institutions, especially in developing countries, to streamline their information processing activities.
- Onix Full-Text Indexing and Retrieval Toolkit: Toolkit (SDK) for adding full-text indexing and searching capabilities to applications. Ported to a wide range of platforms and highly scalable. Designed for use in both large and small scale systems. Free evaluation download.
- OpenText: Supplier of information retrieval and collaborative software.
- SearchExpress: Provides document scanning, optical character recognition and full-text searching.
- Simple Web Indexing System for Humans: SWISH-Enhanced is a fast, powerful, flexible, free, and easy to use system for indexing collections of Web pages or other text files.
- SimpleScan Software, Inc.: SimpleScan Software, Inc - providing powerful, cost effective, enterprise wide document management software solutions.
- The Combine Harvesting Robot: Combine is an open system for harvesting and threshing (indexing) Internet resources.
- Thunderstone Software: Thunderstone has a number of full text search related products including their flagship text/relational database, Texis.
- Ultraseek Server: The tools they use at their site for sale. Demo version available for download.
- Web Search Engine Software: Create and maintain your own search engine quickly and easily using our perl script and database management tool.
- WinOcular Document Imaging: Combined Computer Resources, Inc. (CCR), a software developer and integrator, specializes in customizing and integrating document imaging, COLD report management and workflow software products.
- Zebra Z39.50 Search Engine: Zebra is a fulltext and free-text indexing and retrieval system that conforms to ANSI standard Z39.50. It is very good for indexing and searching highly structured data such as MARC records, and GILS records. The Zebra server is freely available for noncommercial applications.
- dtSearch: Searches all popular file types, with features including hit highlighting, natural language, fuzzy, phonic, boolean, proximity, field, numeric range.
- ht://Dig: A complete world wide web indexing and searching system for a small domain or intranet. Source code (GPL).