Search Home : Computers : Software : Internet : Servers : Media
- AllCast: Enables real-time streaming or webcasting. News, sample broadcast, user guide, free trial version. A demonstration (Flash) and product overview (Powerpoint presentation) are available. [Windows]
- AnyStream, Inc.: Enterprise-class platform for the automated production and distribution of streaming media.
- Audio, Video, and Synchronized Multimedia: Homepage of Synchronized Multimedia Activity at W3C
- BroadWare Technologies, Inc.: Provides software and services to view, store and manage live audio and video streams over IP networks.
- Cisco - IP/TV: TV-quality video programs to PC users
- Diamond Head's IB Web Imaging Server: IB Web Imaging Server: No Excuses document imaging for the Web. Generates thumbnails and highly compressed, full resolution pages, downloads only requested pages, not entire fields, integrates with imaging system through asp pages, bi-directional communication.
- FastForward Networks: Media networking platform for the distribution and management of audio and video broadcasting over the Internet.
- Hypermedia Presentation and Authoring System: HPAS is a system for presenting, integrating, and managing time-based hypermedia documents. With HPAS, Web users can bring text files, graphical images, audio tracks, and video clips together in one presentation and experience the rich interactive multimedia on-line.
- Icecast Streaming Media Server: A GPL streaming media server project that currently streams in MP3 format, with plans to add support for video and Vorbis formats. Has ports for pretty much every multithreaded operating system in existence.
- ImageFolio: Server-based CGI Perl software product that enables businesses to build digital media galleries and multimedia presentations online with existing movies, photography, and images.
- Internet Radio Broadcasting 101: introduction to setting up a server from your Mining Co. Guide
- Internet Real Time Laboratory: at Columbia Univ.
- Java(TM) Media Framework API:
- Liquid Audio: Commercially viable and legally responsible system to sell CD-quality music over the Internet.
- Microsoft NetShow: streaming audio and video
- Microsoft: NetShow Theater Server: Extends the streaming media services of Windows NT Server to higher bandwidths. Product overview, system requirements and FAQ.
- NetStreamer: broadcasting music over networks. GPL source available.
- OpenPix: ImageIgniter is Internet imaging software for electronic catalog companies interested in implementing digital images or web photography on e-commerce sites.
- RealSystem Basic Server Plus: Streaming Audio and Video
- Rendez-Vous: Internet videoconferencing tool developed at INRIA by Frank Lyonnet. It is in a way the successor to the IVS tool developed some time ago by Thierry Turletti, which was one of the first MBone tools available (however it is a completely new piece of code compared to IVS).
- SHOUTcast!: streaming mp3 server for unix and winamp
- Streaming Media World: News, and reviews.
- The Free Expression Project: a project to develop a copylefted suite of streaming media tools (server, client, encoders, and codec(s)).
- VivoActive VideoNow:
- vic - UCB/LBNL Video Conferencing Tool: A real-time, multimedia application for video conferencing over the Internet.