Search Home : Computers : Software : Internet : Servers : WWW
- A Model of Web Server Performance: PDF and HTML versions of this article, with a forum. By Louis P. Slothouber, Ph.D.
- AOLserver: Open-source web server by America Online, multithreaded, Tcl-enabled, massively-scalable and extensible, also features database integration and a dynamic page scripting language (ADP).
- ATPhttpd: High performance, caching webserver. Good for NFS mounted web shares, or for serving lots of static content 2 times faster than Apache.
- AbaSioux HTTP Server: The server supports virtual servers, CGI, SSL, and can easily be extended by writing plugins. The server binaries, documentation, and header files are freely available.
- Abyss Web Server: A free and small personal web server for Windows and Linux supporting HTTP/1.1 and CGI. Features a remote web management interface.
- Advanced Communications: Company specializing in remote development. Advanced Hosting Controller, Auction Builder, ECommerce Builder products. News, product descriptions, job vacancies, client sites.
- Aestiva: The HTML/OS product enables web designers to build advanced dynamic sites w/out CGI programming. For Unix and NT servers. ISP-friendly.
- CERN httpd: No longer maintained, but possibly of historical interest.
- Center for Information Technology Integration: Webcard: Based on a Schlumberger Cyberflex Access Java Card. Testdrive, technical report, press releases, source.
- GeneWeb: A web interface for your family tree.Unix.
- GoAhead Software: Develops service availability software that makes the Internet Infrastructure more reliable.
- HAHT Software: Sells tools and a development environment that lets organizations extend their enterprise infrastructure and data onto the Internet.
- HTTPi: Small-footprint server offering executables, server-parsed pages, access control and virtual hosting (perl).
- IPic - A Match Head Sized Web-Server: Includes photographs, circuit diagrams, overview, and technical information.
- InstantServers: Desktop Web hosting solution. Documentation and technical specifications available. [Windows]
- Mac Web Server and BBS: Operator Headgap Systems is the Worldwide Distributor for TeleFinder Internet BBS and Server Software. Full documentation, ordering and update information.
- Micro_httpd: Implements all basic web server features in only 150 lines of code.
- NCSA HTTPd: No longer supported, site still includes extensive documentation.
- NetCloak: Web server enhancement package that allows you to create interactive, dynamic web sites. Running as either a stand-alone CGI application or as a high-performance WebSTAR API plug-in.
- Netcraft: A comprehensive list of servers. Also a comprehensive survey of webserver software usage.
- Netcraft: Web Server Survey: Web tool retrieves hosting software information from any domain name.
- Netscape Enterprise Server: Scalable web server software for deploying the largest-scale web sites.
- Newton Personal Data Sharing: A web server for a NewtonOS 2.x device.
- OWSKiller: Free replacement for oracle web server.
- Pi3Web: Supports CGI, FCGI, ISAPI, PHP4, SSL. Free binary or source downloads, documentation, mailing list, FAQ, screenshots. [Windows, Linux]
- PicoWeb: Product description, news, support pages.
- Plesk Server Administrator: World-class, innovative new product designed to make web server management easier for everyone.
- Post Point Software: XCache, cache management tool. Free trial version, support pages, news.
- Quiotix Embedded WebServer: Commercially supported full-featured HTTP server for embedding into hardware and software products.
- Roxen Platform: Commercial offering based on the Roxen GPL server but with many more features.
- SQLData Desktop Server: A powerful web database server that allows user to access ODBC data sources using a web browser. Now you can have your own database server with no CGI or programming.
- SambarZone: Independent Sambar Server support resources. Sambar mailing list archive.
- Secure Web Server for S/390: HTTP/HTTPS server for OS/390, MVS, and VM offers fully secure web site hosting on the mainframe as well as direct dynamic web access to any 3270 application. MVS and VM fact sheet available in PDF format.
- Small Web Servers: Contains information on three projects, webACE, webACE II (very small web servers) and Spud (a potato-powered web server ).
- Spud: A potato-powered web server.
- StWeb Web Application Server: Apache based server with application server functionality
- Tcl Web Server: A pure-Tcl web server.
- The Caudium Webserver: Feature rich, open source webserver with many unique features like on-demand image creation and advanced server-side parsing.
- The SRE-http project: dedicated to the provision of free, WWW-aware software to the OS/2 community. Written primarily in REXX, theflagship product is the SRE-http http/1.1 server for OS/2.
- Voyager Server: For QNX OS and/or embedded devices.
- WN: Web server that runs on a variety of Unix platforms and is free under the terms of the GNU General Public License. Online user guide, and other documentation.
- Web Server 4D: A full featured MacOS and Windows web server that has an integrated database for publishing data on the web.
- Xitami: Portable free web server, distributed with source code according to a liberal license agreement. Online documentation on how to install, use, and configure.
- Zeus Web Server: The world's most scalable high performance web server software, providing solutions for content providers, ISP hosting, intranets and secure e-commerce with comprehensive support.
- Zilog: EZ80 Webserver: Overview of chip-based Z80S183 Advanced Mixed Signal System and Z80S188 Advanced Embedded Microprocessor. Technical documentation and support pages.
- fhttpd: FTP/HTTP server with modules support. Modules run as separate "looping" processes locally or remotely, and can be configured to run under separate userids.
- kHTTPD for Linux: An http-daemon webserver for linux. Khttpd is different from other webservers in that it runs from within the linux-kernel as a module device-driver.
This category in other languages: