Search Home : Computers : Software : Word Processors
- APA Style Template Software: Designed to make typing papers in APA format easier. Available for Microsoft Office, Word and Works, Corel WordPerfect, AmiPro, WordPro and SmartSuite. Made by Reference Point Software
- AXARScan: Windows or DOS program with text extractor, bit editor, search, and multi-level undo.
- AbiSource: A developer of Open Source desktop productivity applications, including AbiWord.
- Accenter: Virtu Software offers this fully configurable tool that provides insertion of accented letters, Spanish and French punctuation; also Greek letters, wingdings, and math symbols are provided.
- Any Downloads: Text Editors: Listing of free text editor software.
- Atlantis: Features WYSIWYG editing, encryption, multiple user settings, and a wide variety of directories for spell-checking.
- Bookman Pro: Complete handbook compiler for writing, arranging and producing handbooks or other structured documentation. Features include output to Rich Text Format and Basic HTML, built in thesaurus, graphics and object scaling and automatic updates via the Internet.
- CalcuScribe: Designed for portability and taking notes, math calculations, import and export files to PC or Mac.
- Capsoft Development: Makers of HotDocs documentation automation software used extensively by law firms, corporations, government, insurance, and medical professionals.
- Collaborator Software & Writer Services: Provides step-by-step professional story development software and writer services for screenwriters and novelists. Used at TV/film studios and universities.
- Druide informatique inc.: Developers of Antidote, a suite of tools, including a grammar checker, dictionary, synonyms, verb conjugation, for writing French. See "Information in English" link on home page.
- EasiWriter and TechWriter: Technical document processors with equation editing features.
- FormatEase: Made by Guilford Publications to format text to APA style guidelines.
- GNU TeXmacs: Freeware tool for extensible, structured and WYSIWYG technical documents. Can also be used as an interface to computer algebra systems.
- Jarte: Features include RTF and DOC support, OLE support, tabbed document access, spell check, page breaks, print preview, clipboard history, online reference bar.
- Judaic, Jewish and Hebrew Software Solutions and Training: Training and Internet setup, Jewish and Hebrew software, Hebrew word processing programs, Bible, Torah and Hebrew learning, CV consultancy from expert recruitment consultant.
- KStar Software: Kural Tamil Engine: Keyboard manager that helps to input Tamil characters in Microsoft Windows Applications. Package includes Kavithai Tamil/English Word Processor and Paravai SMTP based Email client.
- LexiGraf: Multilingual lexicography desktop publishing software.
- MultiLingual Indian Software: ISE's Lekhni is meant for typing in English along with Indian languages, such as DevNagri Script with a planned Gujrati version.
- Nota Bene: Developers of academic writing and research tools, such as Scholar's Workstation, Nota Bene, Ibidem, Orbis, Ibid, and Lingua Workstation; Site provides online brochure, support, downloads, pricing and FAQs.
- NoteMe!: A note-taking program designed to quickly take simple notes such as email addresses, URLs and numbers; places an icon into the System Tray.
- Rational SoDA: Part of Rational Unified Process development suite; tightly integrated software documentation automation tool, giving users a single interface for automating the creation and maintenance of comprehensive project lifecycle documentation and reports
- SpeedType Transcription Software: A Windows-based text storage and transfer utility designed to work concurrently with other applications.
- StarOffice Writer: Official site for the word processing application within Sun Microsystem's StarOffice office suite. Also known as StarWriter. Suite is available free for Linux, Solaris Intel, Solaris SPARC and Windows 95/98/NT.
- Summitsoft: Creates Arabic-English and Urdu-English documents for Windows platforms. Also, developers of Arabic Edit and Urdu Edit ActiveX controls.
- Sylvan Software: Abbreviation expanders and utilities for medical transcriptionists and typists.
- TemplateZone: Online store for small businesses that provides Microsoft Office templates and HTML email software.
- Unitype: Makers of Global Writer, a multilingual tool and Global Office, an add-on to Microsoft Office to allow multiple language typing.
- Volga-Writer: Allows writing of Russian and English; features Cyrillic fonts, history and keyboard layouts.
- WaverlyStreet QuickNote: Allows users to create the same pieces of text over and over again.
- WhizFolders: A shareware notepad that will organize notes and ideas with hypertext links and multiple window editing, features printable notes with table of contents. [Windows 95/98/Me/NT/2000]
- Winsoft: Developers of WinText, a multilingual creation tool with spell checking, text editing and publication functionality.
- Word Place: Developer of Yeah Write!, a shareware text creator that uses a fill-in-the-blanks approach. [Win95/98/Me/NT/2000]
- Word Processing File Conversion Software: Converts documents created by legacy word processors. Features formatting functions such as auto numbering, footnotes, endnotes, and tables.
- WordExpress: Features include WYSIWYG editing and customizable tool bar. Site provides slide show tour, product comparison table and updates.
- WordStar Resource Site: Featuring WordStar updates, bug fixes, file format converters and other utilities, plus other tips and tricks. Also includes instructions for running WordStar for DOS within Windows and downloadable WordStar command emulators for Microsoft Word. WordStar discussion forums.
- XyWrite: Designed for colleges and universities. Site provides online support, numerous downloads and additional information.
This category in other languages: